Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

one more thing just for logic. Why would they start the DiRT Rally Team in JWRC in 2021 while there would only be a WRC title in 2024? Doesn’t sound very logic imo. 

There are two very simple and logical reasons as to why they did it now and not in 2023 or 2024.

First of all, joining the Junior WRC as a team is a hell of a lot cheaper than setting up a privateer team running an R5 car for example in WRC2 or 3.

And maybe more importantly, in three years, Jon wouldn't be eligible to drive in the Junior WRC category as there's an age restriction. Only drivers under the age of 29 who have not competed as a Priority 1 (P1) driver in an WRC event, can join the Junior WRC. 

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Agree 1
  • Social Media & Community Team
On 7/24/2021 at 1:13 AM, JZStudios said:

Spending some more time in FM4, I've come to the conclusion the PI rating or whatever is kind of broken.

The Forza PI system's been exploitable for about a decade; every game seems to have a "trick build" in order to get better performance for the same score.

• In Forza Motorsport 3 it was All-Wheel-Drive
  • In Forza Motorsport 4 it was stock gearboxes and Rear-Wheel Drive (the most dominant car in Forza history was a RWD-swapped Chevrolet Spark)
  • In Forza Motorsport 6 it was weight and tyre compound
  • In Forza Motorsport 7 it was aero

Doesn't matter for the majority of players, but for those that wanted to extract the best performance you had to build a car in a fairly specific way.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The Forza PI system's been exploitable for about a decade; every game seems to have a "trick build" in order to get better performance for the same score.

• In Forza Motorsport 3 it was All-Wheel-Drive
  • In Forza Motorsport 4 it was stock gearboxes and Rear-Wheel Drive (the most dominant car in Forza history was a RWD-swapped Chevrolet Spark)
  • In Forza Motorsport 6 it was weight and tyre compound
  • In Forza Motorsport 7 it was aero

Doesn't matter for the majority of players, but for those that wanted to extract the best performance you had to build a car in a fairly specific way.

Huh. I almost always kept things pretty stock, but with how little grip even the race tires have and how much AWB cars understeer, I could buy that. Though it's inconsistent, some RWD cars drive pretty well, while others like the Camaro and some Holden just wheelspin incessantly, impossible to drive. I just went for weight and tires to try and counter the understeer. Another thing I noticed is whenever I was in a race with a Ferrari, it was always miles ahead of the rest of the field, keeping up with cars it should be much slower than, like the Mclaren F1.

• Like 1

Personally I would love to see Codemasters making an effort to include more real liveries in the next game.

For example, I'm glad we already have one of the iconic and best looking liveries on the Peugeot 206, but...

peugeot-206-wrc-1999-245615.jpgpeugeot-206-wrc-2000-245592.jpgpeugeot-206-wrc-2003-245557.jpg

If we look at the other most famous liveries on this car we'll see that Codemasters already has all the main sponsors licenced, and the designs are quite simple. If they had wanted to, wouldn't it be relatively easy to include this liveries in the game in terms of license and production time?

Might be, might not be;

Licensors need to approve what and how their brand appears, not just that it appears

License might be needed for a design if it doesn't belong to the same people

Car brand needs to 'ok' their rally car having each design on it

Plus more i'm not aufait with.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

My latest video for those that are interested...
Definitely worth watching to the very end.

DiRT Rally 2.0's Biggest Mistake - A Mod Designer's Perspective

We need these replay camera's angle in the based game. Beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Von4wd said:

Personally I would love to see Codemasters making an effort to include more real liveries in the next game.

For example, I'm glad we already have one of the iconic and best looking liveries on the Peugeot 206, but...

peugeot-206-wrc-1999-245615.jpgpeugeot-206-wrc-2000-245592.jpgpeugeot-206-wrc-2003-245557.jpg

If we look at the other most famous liveries on this car we'll see that Codemasters already has all the main sponsors licenced, and the designs are quite simple. If they had wanted to, wouldn't it be relatively easy to include this liveries in the game in terms of license and production time?

I know a solution! Oooh yeah, the DLC cars are fully-encrypted. There are plenty of iconic liveries designers could release but oooh well...

Almost everyone knows what my stance on the matter is but I do like to remind @PJTierneyand the team from time to time that they need to find a way to sort it out for future titles.
I think everyone would love to install this one properly and drive the hell out of it (without the risk of being banned).

1395856539_Presenation1.thumb.png.142cc02a0c14bc5ae467c142cc669e4e.png

• Like 4
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I knew what the video was about before I clicked on it 😉 

You know me too well...

I hope you don't mind if I leave you a reminder like this from time to time.
I know it's a minor thing for most players but, as a livery designer, this really properly ticks me off. 😅

• Social Media & Community Team
43 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

You know me too well...

I hope you don't mind if I leave you a reminder like this from time to time.
I know it's a minor thing for most players but, as a livery designer, this really properly ticks me off. 😅

At least you're not moany about it.

I'm all for more UCG possibilities in the future, though there are obviously design and licensing issues to consider.

• Agree 2
4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

At least you're not moany about it.

I'm all for more UCG possibilities in the future, though there are obviously design and licensing issues to consider.

True, just a friendly reminder from time to time should do the trick.
Moaning about it all the time is counterproductive and doesn't help anyone.

I know that design and licensing issues need to be considered and I respect that.
We just need to figure out a middle ground so that everyone gets the most out of it.

• Like 2
On 7/28/2021 at 8:34 AM, JamesMcAdam1987 said:

We need these replay camera's angle in the based game. Beautiful.

tried for many many years to try and get across how better cam angles more and even cinematic camera could transform the game in many ways but too not much avail. dirt 2 or 3 it may of started 😄 . the funny thing is some guy made a cinematic cam for dirt rally 2.0 in a very short while. it should be in game. social media posts sell more games than any advertising and the better you can get screenshots or footage the better people will see the game or product and it doesnt cost much at all.

the funny thing is EA battlefield for eg they embraced cinematic cameras and literally all the best videos footage is shot from them. they even hired the guy to work on battlefield.

dirt 5 has a bit more with cams and stuff but for rally side come on lets get this in game. show off how good it is. from every angle.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
On 7/27/2021 at 5:14 PM, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

@TheFlyingTuga, just so you know... You are getting mentioned in the video. 😉

I know my friend! 

Thank you. I also did the templates for all the cars, but our will never got to fruition. Hopefully the next game will come soon enough so I can do more templates 🙂

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

The Ypres Rally is almost here! Any of you coming to visit my neck of the woods? 

I wish, I've been nearly every year since 2014 but stuck on plague island this time, so no chance of seeing its WRC debut. Entry list looks superb and will be very jealous of you out on the stages, although I'm guessing movement between stages might be a bit more restricted than usual?

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I wish, I've been nearly every year since 2014 but stuck on plague island this time, so no chance of seeing its WRC debut. Entry list looks superb and will be very jealous of you out on the stages, although I'm guessing movement between stages might be a bit more restricted than usual?

It will be quite alright... As long as you are fully vaccinated and have tickets, you can enjoy it where you want on the stages you are allowed to go to. Each combo ticket only allows you to visit certain stages, but it's quite alright to be honest.

The only thing that kind of blows, is not being able to walk through the service area and get close to the drivers. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

It will be quite alright... As long as you are fully vaccinated and have tickets, you can enjoy it where you want on the stages you are allowed to go to. Each combo ticket only allows you to visit certain stages, but it's quite alright to be honest.

The only thing that kind of blows, is not being able to walk through the service area and get close to the drivers. 

So you need to be vaccinated to go stand in the middle of a field?

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

So you need to be vaccinated to go stand in the middle of a field?

No, dumb-ass (you have to be joking, i know you're not actually dumb) it's not about A or B, it's the journey in-between 😄

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

No, dumb-ass (you have to be joking, i know you're not actually dumb) it's not about A or B, it's the journey in-between 😄

What journey?

8 hours ago, sqdstr012 said:

actually they already dismissed that rule, you don't have to show a recent pcr test or vaccine pass anymore to get your tickets for the rally

Yeah, but I'm the dumbass for saying this.