Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

• Social Media & Community Team
43 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

I did play the demo though.

I watched your preview, you went in hard on some of the things in that game.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

I watched your preview, you went in hard on some of the things in that game.

Sometimes it's necessary. There are aspects the developers designed very well and I applaud them for it but there are some very important elements that were absolutely butchered by them and I'm not afraid to point them out and express my disappointment.

And I pick everything apart which is important. There are way to many videos out there that just (p)review it in a couple of minutes which is impossible and rarely accurate. Many videos are even released by people praising its physics and more with barely having any experience with the genre. That's their PR machine at work for you, I suppose.

My (p)review is based on the demo so there might still be several bits they were able to rectify. I've heard conflicting reports regarding the engine sounds. Perhaps they used placeholder audio files for the demo whilst continuing to work on the final ones that will be in the released edition. Who knows...

I plan to create a video reviewing the day one release version. I'll be able to have more time playing it and also have the option to discover all of the features.

@PJTierney, if there is another DiRT Rally coming in the future, I'll be just as critical for it as well. Sooooooo, no pressure, eh! 😛 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Sometimes it's necessary. There are aspects the developers designed very well and I applaud them for it but there are some very important elements that were absolutely butchered by them and I'm not afraid to point them out and express my disappointment.

And I pick everything apart which is important. There are way to many videos out there that just (p)review it in a couple of minutes which is impossible and rarely accurate. Many videos are even released by people praising its physics and more with barely having any experience with the genre. That's their PR machine at work for you, I suppose.

My (p)review is based on the demo so there might still be several bits they were able to rectify. I've heard conflicting reports regarding the engine sounds. Perhaps they used placeholder audio files for the demo whilst continuing to work on the final ones that will be in the released edition. Who knows...

I plan to create a video reviewing the day one release version. I'll be able to have more time playing it and also have the option to discover all of the features.

@PJTierney, if there is another DiRT Rally coming in the future, I'll be just as critical for it as well. Sooooooo, no pressure, eh! 😛 

All good points. I wasn't saying you were wrong for the angle you took, you were critical and fair 🙂 

I fully expect you to do the same for other titles too, no matter who they're made by.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
16 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

All good points. I wasn't saying you were wrong for the angle you took, you were critical and fair 🙂 

I fully expect you to do the same for other titles too, no matter who they're made by.

Thank you, mate! Truly appreciate that reaction!

And I'll definitely do the same for other titles, no matter who is responsible for creating it.
I'm always staying as objective, critical and fair as possible.
I'll never be a sell-out that would inaccurately promote a title like some out there for example
because I've set certain standards for myself which mainly focus on honesty and quality.

• Like 2

Again, I know this isn't about DiRT Rally but as people who enjoy rally games, it might be interesting.

Certain bits might come across as harsh but as I mentioned before, I try to be critical, yet honest and fair at the same time. 

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Like 2

S4?   S4????!!!!!! argh 😄  bad SimVansevenant!

I wasn't going to watch this because i was late for bed, but, um, i watched it anyway - interesting content, but i totally get what you're saying about the car models, they really are incredibly phoned in.... using an old Nokia...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

S4?   S4????!!!!!! argh 😄  bad SimVansevenant!

I wasn't going to watch this because i was late for bed, but, um, i watched it anyway - interesting content, but i totally get what you're saying about the car models, they really are incredibly phoned in.... using an old Nokia...

Is that not the S4? My source must have been wrong then...
Did some further research... Is the correct name the Subaru Impreza GC8 WRC97 (S5)?

And I must say that my Reddit post of the video on the 'WRC The Official Game' subreddit, hasn't been received by that community very well.
Quite a lot of negative reactions towards my assessment, which I believe is quite fair to be honest.

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant

It's the S5 but when it comes to licensing and such pretty much everyone calls it the S4.

I just call it the WRC97 now when I can 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Isn't the WRC '97 the S3? It's not completely wrong to assume that the successor to the S3 would be called S4, but I'm not sure I've ever seen someone call the Audi S1 Evo 2. Isn't hat doubly wrong? We know the forum thread and the story around the naming of that car. The first true evolution of the Quattro was the S1. The second evolution would've been the S2 but they had to name it E2 because etc.etc. Now, does 'E' stand for Evo? I'm not sure tbf. Does anyone know? @tbtsttmaybe?

Edited by ricxxV2
  • Confused 1
  • Disagree 1
56 minutes ago, ricxxV2 said:

Isn't the WRC '97 the S3? It's not completely wrong to assume that the successor to the S3 would be called S4, but I'm not sure I've ever seen someone call the Audi S1 Evo 2. Isn't hat doubly wrong? We know the forum thread and the story around the naming of that car. The first true evolution of the Quattro was the S1. The second evolution would've been the S2 but they had to name it E2 because etc.etc. Now, does 'E' stand for Evo? I'm not sure tbf. Does anyone know? @tbtsttmaybe?

Unlike the Audi, the Subaru 'issue' has become quite clear.

The S3 was the GrpA and when it went WRC, it went straight to S5, there was never any S4 designations by Prodrive, unfortunately, the info wasn't clear/out there until i think either 2019 or 2020 when it was cleared up - however most licensees had assumed and used the S4 designation.

• Like 3
On 8/30/2021 at 4:54 PM, AyrtJ97 said:

I think the S3 is the Group A Impreza (the so called "555"), and when they jumped to WRC they started with the S5, which remained as that from '97 to '99.

Yeah, just check the thread again. Didn't remember correctly. Quite confusing sometimes. Then, you search for 'Subaru S3 WRC' and you get a lot of WRC '97. :classic_dry: Even the internet gets it wrong. 

Edited by ricxxV2