Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

• Social Media & Community Team

Speaking of: https://creatornetwork.ea.com/faq

What if I post negative feedback on the game, or EA?

If a creator posts a negative review or content about the company or one of our games that is honest and constructive – they will have our thanks and full support.

We demand that our EA Creator Network members act with honesty with us, with our dev teams, and with the community.

Sometimes this can make things uncomfortable!

EA is committed to being player first and earning the trust of our community. We make mistakes and get things wrong all the time.

For our teams to improve and get better, we need our Creators help to keep it real.

If Jimmy or any other creator doesn't like something about a game and is fair in their criticism, then there's nothing stopping them saying so in their videos.

On the flipside, we don't tell people "here's a code, you better be nice". 

While there are some people who are clearly in the "I got paid for this so I must be super positive at all times" camp, all the creators I've had contact with are genuine, down-to-earth people, Jimmy included. Heck I was hanging out in his streams because they're fun to watch.

• Like 2

watched the video for about ten seconds sees he does the wrong line literally seconds into the run turns video off. does crack me inside that people who generally are good at car games struggle to get anywhere and people dying there hair and so so good get promoted by companies. ah well.

also some great news ! all you cool audi fans will be glad to hear ken the cossie destroyer is now joining audi. lets see how many cars he can destroy. 😁 ( looks at my audi rs4 on my drive 😄 )

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

does crack me inside that people who generally are good at car games struggle to get anywhere and people dying there hair and so so good get promoted by companies. ah well.

Oh we're not discussing this again 😄 

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

also some great news ! all you cool audi fans will be glad to hear ken the cossie destroyer is now joining audi. lets see how many cars he can destroy. 😁 ( looks at my audi rs4 on my drive 😄 )

Not a bad video 🙂 

Got a nice little tour of the Audi museum, and it looks like he'll be drifting that S1 E2 in a future episode.

Absolutely no suggestion that Jimmer has ever engaged in praise for pay.

His integrity is without question. In fact, one of the reasons I think he's been so successful is that he's so genuine and unaffected, despite having the best commentary voice going.

He's just a bit damn flippant with some titles is all.

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Agree 1

There are certain things about the driving dynamics/physics that I prefer in WRC10 over DR2, but the overall product and quality just isnt there.

• The feeling of weight/momentum are better in WRC10. It's improved in DR2 but you often recover the car where the momentum should just put you off the road.
  • The cars in WRC10 actually stays straight when they should stay straight. The whole rear end shenanigans in DR2 is the major point that annoys me. You can both feel it and see during replay that the cars still somehow behaves like they rotate around the center of the car model. It's not as noticeable on gravel where the car generally move around alot more, but it's still there. This is to me the main issue on tarmac. You never feel like youre fully connected to the surface and it makes the cars feel sluggish and not as direct as one would like.

• Agree 1
34 minutes ago, bogani said:

You can both feel it and see during replay that the cars still somehow behaves like they rotate around the center of the car model. 

As there's nothing else going on right now while Codies withholds info on upcoming titles, I'm going to ask for some evidence on this. Can you name a driving title in which chase cam does not look like it's rotating around a centre-pivot? It has to be a chase-cam in which the camera itself is pinned to the centre of the car, like DR2.0, mind.

• Disagree 1

have you guys really watched , with scrutiny , WRC10 vids ? Utter garbage  IMHO on handling.Was made for a controller , not wheel to begin with. That for most should tell the story.If it doesnt, then pay attention to braking prowess of cars on tarmac from 80 mph to 10 mph hairpin, and watch the dynamics. Laughable. Inertia, weight transfer, my gosh. Again IMHO, terrible. Also NO feedback on tarmac.

Up and down suspension movement, not happening.At least the feel is NOT affected, by them.

I could go on, and these are but jut my opinions on how the WRC game doesnt compare to Codies Dirt efforts, at all.

On 9/28/2021 at 3:53 AM, Jake Cushing said:

We all like Jimnmer, though he can be a bit 'blase' about things. He posted a video playing Live For Speed and said he 'expected jank from such an old game' and 'expected it would be hard to get to run', without even bothering to find out that it's been continually updated since release and is still being updated. Or to mention that fact. Nor did he look at the VR mode in LFS which looks terrific and has some features like 3D mirrors that no other sim has, afaik.

"Continually" is a bit of a stretch. It just came back with some updates after like a decade of silence. Even then it doesn't look like it's been updated for about a year.

21 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

Ah, yeah. Mr. The Block is the only driver in the world that's ever crashed a car and never won a race.

3 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

As there's nothing else going on right now while Codies withholds info on upcoming titles, I'm going to ask for some evidence on this. Can you name a driving title in which chase cam does not look like it's rotating around a centre-pivot? It has to be a chase-cam in which the camera itself is pinned to the centre of the car, like DR2.0, mind.

Less relevant, but mildly entertaining.

2 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

@Von4wd will, any minute now, show us a clip of a game with no centre pivot in chase-cam. Not a downvoting keyboard hero that one, no sir

Oh my god, it was just a "disagree" reaction because I "disagree" with your comment. You don't need to remove all your reactions to my fórum posts 😂 

I won't embed videos here so as not to clog up the forum, but DR2.0 and GRID 2019 are games that you can clearly not only feel but also see the cars "steering with the rear axle". Pay attention to the rear wheels, they don't stay in a straight line when they should, making the cars rotate like crabs.

Driving titles in which chase camera does not look like it's rotating around a center-pivot? There are a lot, sim and non-sim: F1 2021, PC2, ACC, FH series... and all these games have different chase cam settings. 

The reason you think it's the chase cam is because you're not used to it. It's not the camera, it's the physics. And honestly, I don't mind if DR2.0 isn't 100% realistic. The handling is believable on gravel, the game is fun and that's what matters.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Von4wd said:

You don't need to remove all your reactions to my fórum posts 😂 

Who's tracking likes then eh? 😁

The argument is made that DR2.0 cars pivot on a centre axis. I've seen this look the case in any number of games in chase cam. Can you link to a chase cam video of a racing title where this is not the case? 

That's all I'm asking, not a big controversial deal I would have thought. 

The argument is made that DR2.0 cars pivot on a centre axis. I've seen this look the case in any number of games in chase cam. Can you link to a chase cam video of a racing title where this is not the case? 

That's all I'm asking, not a big controversial deal I would have thought. 

Why is everyone ignoring the video I posted where it also looks like it's pivoting on a center point? I mean, that's a real video. Anyone with a gopro and a long stick can solve this argument.

Well, a bunch of notifications from the same user downvoting my old comments caught my attention 😄

Can you link to a chase cam video of a racing title where this is not the case?

Not the most realistic of them, yet the car doesn't pivot on a center axis (It's timestamped):

Chase cam in DiRT Rally games is pretty good compared to other titles, I don't think it's the cam giving the impression of a center pivot. Personally I feel the cars rotating even more when I use onboard cams.

10 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Why is everyone ignoring the video I posted where it also looks like it's pivoting on a center point? I mean, that's a real video. Anyone with a gopro and a long stick can solve this argument.

Dude, that's not a chase-cam in a game!

The whole point is that in a game, chase-cam is hard-wired to the centre point of the vehicle, coz it's the simplest way to make such a cam.

9 minutes ago, Von4wd said:

Well, a bunch of notifications from the same user downvoting my old comments caught my attention 😄

Poor petal.

9 minutes ago, Von4wd said:

Not the most realistic of them, yet the car doesn't pivot on a center axis (It's timestamped):

That's an F1 video, ie the car has barely any lateral movement. And it still looks centre-pivotish to me.

Here, here's the King-Daddy of rally sims, RBR:

Zomg look at that centre-pivot action!

Edited by Jake Cushing
  • Like 1

The center pivot issue isn't an easy one to casually watch/pick up on - it doesn't matter if the car/sim is supposed to slide or not.

What you need to look for is the way the rear of car (rear wheels) behave when you start to turn, not what the whole car is doing, as visually, depending on how the chase cam is setup, it can be quite deceiving and/or difficult to correctly see it, or think you're seeing it.

To explain more specifically, in DR2, when i first started driving it, i found it harder on narrower roads because i lined up for a corner far over to the edge of the stage, with high banked sides such as sections of NZ for example, when you then turned into the corner, *away* from the edge of the road you're lined up with, your back wheels would butt up against the stage edge....  so far as i know, that's not how physics work, even for a sliding style vehicle.

Center pivot was/is an easy way to label it, it doesn't accurately describe it though - to say that the rear of the car moves laterally in the opposite direction of the front wheels steered direction is more accurately correct and better describes it.

If i steer away from a wall/edge, my rear wheels should not move towards that edge.

Edited by F2CMaDMaXX
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

I did personally felt in love with the chase cam in Dirt Rally 1. Especially in Wales but that Polo WRC and nothing more on the screen except the car and the jumps. :classic_love:

I was a bit disappointed with the one used in Dirt Rally 2.0. For some reasons that I can't explain, I play chase cam in RX because it has the perfect balance like it has in Dirt Rally both RX and Rally mod. But that is not the same for DR 2.0. I can't play the chase cam in rally in DR2.

But it is a such subjective question.

Of course, no need to tell me that playing the chase cam is not realistic and makes me not to be a true simracer etc. I am here for good fun. Nothing more. :classic_wink:

4 minutes ago, James__McAdam said:

I was a bit disappointed with the one used in Dirt Rally 2.0. For some reasons that I can't explain, I play chase cam in RX because it has the perfect balance like it has in Dirt Rally both RX and Rally mod. 

😲 And I thought you were one of the sim kids: you're just a casual chase camera user!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1