Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

image.thumb.png.98377f815bc22edcd38d3be0b1dcd1a9.png

I am happy to see that the current promoter is still promoting things with Dirt Rally 2.0.

I know nothing about licencing and contracts stuff but that makes me feel optimistic for the next game about the Rallycross section. Maybe I am totally wrong. If it's the case, don't tell it to me, I do prefer staying optimistic. :classic_ninja:

9 hours ago, PJTierney said:

@F2CMaDMaXX I think @JZStudios was trying to make a joke at Ken Block's expense. Hope that explains things 🙂 

Oh i agree, and i took it as that, but then, very much like my late Mother in law, he doubled down in a confusing, non funny/ironic way - she never did know how to crack jokes properly or when to stop.

• Agree 1
  • Social Media & Community Team

Well whatever it was, it stops here. I'm tired of people picking nonsense arguments in this thread.

If it continues or similar sparks up again I'll have to lock this thread and clean it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Oh i agree, and i took it as that, but then, very much like my late Mother in law, he doubled down in a confusing, non funny/ironic way - she never did know how to crack jokes properly or when to stop.

Turn the power off right now!

44 minutes ago, Madhun1967 said:

so ..........any gossip on Dirt 3 then, LOl.Just seriously curious here ! 

Only that Dirt 5 Halloween pack has been released very early to free up space for a DR3 announcement at the end of the month. What possible other explanation could there be? 🤔

dirt rally 3.0 in my opinion will not come out since in a few years they will have the wrc licenses and will focus only on that, as long as nobody says something concrete well in my opinion you have to wait at least another year

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Thierry97 said:

dirt rally 3.0 in my opinion will not come out since in a few years they will have the wrc licenses and will focus only on that, as long as nobody says something concrete well in my opinion you have to wait at least another year

Disagree DR 3.0 come with wrc content, example  codematers have world rallycross license and wrx content   is  on Dr 2.0 and dirt 4 

They're probably monitoring sales of DR2.0 and if it's still got a 'long tail' they'll delay announcing a new one until the last moment. 

Or, there isn't a new one and it'll be straight to WRC. (fingers crossed NO) 

Either way, we just won't know much in advance I suspect. 

• Disagree 1

My big fear is that when dirt rally is under WRC lisence it is going to be more arcade game. I think that you cant have truly a sim game that you could play with gamepad. There might be new dirt game before WRC lisence if they are trying to make new engine for dirt rally and dirt rally 3.0 is kind of test game for WRC lisenced game. But is there going to be third series of dirt? Dirt, Dirt rally, dirt WRC? Are they going to release new rally game every year after they have WRC license, i think they are because the cost of lisence. I just hope they dont abandon the idea of sim rally for the sake of money. 

• Social Media & Community Team
5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

You mean announce a battle royale?

100 rally cars start a Stage in Scotland...

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Rallywil1 said:

My big fear is that when dirt rally is under WRC lisence it is going to be more arcade game. I think that you cant have truly a sim game that you could play with gamepad. There might be new dirt game before WRC lisence if they are trying to make new engine for dirt rally and dirt rally 3.0 is kind of test game for WRC lisenced game. But is there going to be third series of dirt? Dirt, Dirt rally, dirt WRC? Are they going to release new rally game every year after they have WRC license, i think they are because the cost of lisence. I just hope they dont abandon the idea of sim rally for the sake of money. 

Is F1 2021 an arcade game ?

I have never played it but it could be a start for your answer. 

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

100 rally cars start a Stage in Scotland...

I mean... Forza does it. And it's exactly as dumb as it sounds.

6 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

LOL! No, I mean celebrate past glories and then announce something that has nothing to do with them.

...which was the battle royale. I mean, Ghost Recon's 20th anniversary was a free $3 game and an announcement for a battle royale. Nothing says tactical squad based military simulator like another crappy PUBG clone.

7 hours ago, James__McAdam said:

Is F1 2021 an arcade game ?

I have never played it but it could be a start for your answer. 

I don't really know how relevant this is... but here it is anyway. Raycevick and a bunch of other YTers do a championship in F1 21