Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

I’m guessing they would want to avoid similarities to the current series. Combining DiRT and WRC would be cool, but being it an annual franchise I think they'll go to WRC + Year like their F1 games.

WRCTM 2023
THE OFFICIAL VIDEOGAME

6 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Hmm, could depend on the license itself - do we know how much control WRC Promotor has over the production?

There was obviously continuity between Milestone (≤WRC4) and Kylotten (≥WRC5), but it wouldn't surprise me if all parties would consider a name reboot when it's time for a 2024 release of the 2023 season (which I believe is the plan for Codies' first).

From https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/codemasters-gets-rights-to-official-wrc-game/

The first game – based on that ’23 season – will be launched before the end of March, 2024.

Admittedly, that could just be a misreading of something saying "it will be released in the financial year ending March 2024", which would make 2023 possible.

Edited by RodgerDavies
second guessing myself
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I'd love a H1 RWD class.

Yeah, it would be the ideal class for beginners to practice the dynamics of RWD cars.

I wonder if a VW Beetle/Fusca would fit in that class.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

With the final round of the JWRC coming up next week in Spain, I wonder if we'll get any news about the future of the franchise...

It's most likely the last good moment where an announcement seems logical.
I mean, Jon's on point to win the JWRC crown with the Codemasters DiRT Rally Team as he's the quickest and most consistent driver on tarmac in the championship.
*Fingers crossed & touching wood*

Securing that title and then announcing the next DiRT Rally, wouldn't be such a bad idea, don't you think @PJTierney?

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Agree 5
4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

If he's on about staff, people come and go all the time in this industry, doesn't mean anything drastic 🙂 

yeah true but if its people whos been involved in a franchise and made it part of what it is today then its not really ideal. it may mean though that something fresh happens and maybe for the better. guess we will see. im really hoping with new ideas and jon doing tarmac rallying that tarmac finally gets dialled in. it would be dissapointing that in the next game it isnt dialled in. fingers crossed.

• Agree 2