Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

27 minutes ago, somethingthing said:

Im not sure if this have been posted here yet but its a pretty cool video

It has been, that's the one where Mr. The Block snuck into a secret Audi museum, stole the cars, and then slammed them into each other.

• Haha 2
  • Social Media & Community Team

I wonder if Lord Blockington will work with Audi on an electric rally car for normal Stages, and not just the Dakar machine.

Could also see Audi building an electric car for World RX eventually.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

I wonder if Lord Blockington will work with Audi on an electric rally car for normal Stages, and not just the Dakar machine.

Could also see Audi building an electric car for World RX eventually.

Wouldn't Ekström be a more logical option for both a rally and World RX car.
Mattias and his team are already developing the Audi A1 Quattro Rally2 in collaboration with Audi, isn't he?
And he has plenty of experience in RX too.

15 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Wouldn't Ekström be a more logical option for both a rally and World RX car.
Mattias and his team are already developing the Audi A1 Quattro Rally2 in collaboration with Audi, isn't he?
And he has plenty of experience in RX too.

Ekstrom doesn't have millions of subscribers to help get the word out 😉 

I'd be down for an Ekstrom/Block combo though.

• Agree 3

good move for Audi.IMHO, lot of peeps above my paygrade realized that they need a guy with Blocks fame to bring Audi back.Hopefully, maybe into rallying even.

1 minute ago, PJTierney said:

Ekstrom doesn't have millions of subscribers to help get the word out 😉 

I'd be down for an Ekstrom/Block combo though.

exactly my thoughts

It seems increasingly likely that we may not see a DR3. 

It's now too late for a December release. And a release next year will see a WRC title only a year later. When there would still be a DLC program for the DR title, directly competing. 

I fear EA will have made Codies conflate their efforts into one title, believing we will take whatever we get. 

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2
6 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

It seems increasingly likely that we may not see a DR3. 

It's now too late for a December release. And a release next year will see a WRC title only a year later. When there would still be a DLC program for the DR title, directly competing. 

I fear EA will have made Codies conflate their efforts into one title, believing we will take whatever we get. 

We know that the first Codies WRC game will be released before March or April 2024. That was stated by Codies a little while ago. So don't expect a game earlier than Q4 2023. That means that if DR3 releases early 2022, it still has a life span of at least a year and a half, two at most. That's not at all unreasonable, don't you think? I still believe we can expect something to be announced and a possible release in the very near future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

you will get a title before the wrc one. no way they waiting till 2023 2024 without putting anything out. this is a big corp studio they need money. money controls everything. what it will be called though is anyones guess. probably already under way. could launch easter or just after april like dirt rally 1.

Edited by dgeesi0
  • Agree 3

Please don't post recent WRC results tables in Dirty Gossip thread (spoilers)   

PJ , what's the scoop on spoilers on the Forum or this thread, is this to gossip about the game or current WRC event?

Edited by bn880
  • Disagree 1

We don't really have a spoiler policy on the forums, or are we looking to implement one.

I would say that Junior WRC talk is okay in this thread since it is the DiRT Rally car afterall, but anything about the other classes should go in the WRC thread:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
54 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

We don't really have a spoiler policy on the forums, or are we looking to implement one.

I would say that Junior WRC talk is okay in this thread since it is the DiRT Rally car afterall, but anything about the other classes should go in the WRC thread:

I think that is indeed very fair. I'm only talking about Jon here.

It is a shame though what happened on the first stage. 😞 
Winning the championship now is going to be bloody hard now...
He'll have to push on every stage and win all of the remaining ones to clinch the title...

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Thanks, yeah I think this is ok, it's good to know for myself so I can poke my head back in here after I am caught up. Likely end of season + 1mth  😄    Not that JRC is really properly covered by WRC+ anyway  🙁 They give a couple updates per weekend, mostly 3 (one per day).  Show off the big crashes and who scored how many stage wins.

Edited by bn880
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, dgeesi0 said:

great drive jon unlucky on the ken block cossie killing rock. almost identical situation. weird.

Mr. The Block's spirit was transferred into the rock and and now takes over drivers via hypnotism and makes them also crash.

His influence has grown stronger, he's now affecting other people.

• Haha 1
On 10/17/2021 at 9:26 AM, JZStudios said:

Mr. The Block's spirit was transferred into the rock and and now takes over drivers via hypnotism and makes them also crash.

His influence has grown stronger, he's now affecting other people.

His influence reaches through the internet... he's grown too powerful, he must be stopped!