Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

• Social Media & Community Team

@JZStudios That's an excellent reply, Rockstar must have known you were about to get into another silly argument 😄 (also yeah, those people messing with batteries, that's mega dangerous)

@SRD_SimVansevenant I don't have any hints for you I'm afraid 🙂 

• Sad 3

Maybe codemasters wait the end of WRC season to  add the 380 HP rally 1  for dirt rally 3 and  kylotonn add the new rally 1  hybrid 2022 car for WRC 11 , so  i wait january for DR 3  announcement   

On 10/19/2021 at 9:13 AM, JorritVD said:

Will be making my debut in RX this weekend. 👨‍🚀
Thanks Codemasters for giving me inspiration with DR1, D4 and DR2. 
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=109622051504112&id=109611478171836

image.png.a9a434c827dda3b324d2bfb433e4a86f.png

Not a bad debut, faster every heat I think. But this car was hmmm understeering like hell.

Sorry I didn't walk by, so many people I didn't see for a long time.

• Like 1

yeah, my debut was very positive. was maybe the quickest stock BMW in class? 
Enjoyed and learned a lot overall
http://www.fb.com/jvdrx

@Janneman60 car understeered a bit, but that was also a bit my driving style. When i started to drift a bit more, the car came much more alive. 

image.thumb.png.a05d69d6d44cb8c5bb10e694492e7018.png

image.thumb.png.3ecf9a0d797de0eeb75a7abbfb23b43d.png

Some photos from here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=FocusRaceCarPhotography&set=a.122248640199192

Kan een afbeelding zijn van auto en weg

Kan een afbeelding zijn van auto en buitenshuis

Clip from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q80TRbiOYA8

• Like 9
1 hour ago, JorritVD said:

@Janneman60 car understeered a bit, but that was also a bit my driving style. When i started to drift a bit more, the car came much more alive. 

Some photos from here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=FocusRaceCarPhotography&set=a.122248640199192

This is so cool! The E36 certainly isn't the worst car to start with ^^  Codies need to add this car in their next game, if there will be another DiRT Rally. That's such a cool story to tell and definitely something to be proud of as a company. They inspired you to go out there and take the opportunity to follow your passion for RX and actually race IRL.  

I think our definition of 'the perfect moment' is completely different from Codies'.  They have to be ready to announce it first and then choose the moment. It doesn't even have to be ideal. A good moment should be fine too. Jon winning the championship and Codies announcing the new game is a pretty cool idea, though. 

Edited by ricxxV2
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, JorritVD said:

E36 is awesome chassis.Looks like a tons of fun, and inspiration to get my car together 🙂 

13 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Very nice, looks like a ton of fun.

On my older gopro, there is a setting for spot metering (light) which is used when you're doing in-car stuff like this, it'll stop it exposing the car's interior over the view through the windscreen.

Yeah, I was struggling to find that. But i had the camera for just a few days and not had time to figure it out with all other things on my mind. I found out the function is now called “exposure control” and found where it is. Luckily I can do a bit of adjustments in the editing what makes it a bit better. Bit having mud on a screen not helps 😅

• Agree 1

Here's my latest video for those that might be interested...

I know it's not fully focussing on DR2.0 BUT I do mention it several times
and also talk about speculations regarding the DiRT Rally franchise's future. 

Oooh and @PJTierney, you might notice that I used a different soundtrack for the background music. 🤣

Edited by SRD_SimVansevenant
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

"Why-prez"?

I thought it was pronounced "ee-pree" ?

Well, it really depends. I'm used to hearing British people visiting the area, call it "why-purs". However, I've also heard "ee-pre".

In Dutch it's Ieper ("ee-per"). 

1 minute ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

You should not listen to us British on foreign pronunciation, they're oddly crass and ignorant about it.

Combining pronunciations of different languages sounds even stranger, in my opinion. It felt really odd to pronounce the names of the stages in Dutch whilst continue speaking English otherwise. 😅

• Like 1

Hmm, well that's a point i guess - but i can tell you it was equally as odd to hear it said literally, when even though i don't know how to pronounce it, i DO know it wasn't like that.

Don't be afraid to pronounce it correctly IMO, just because foreigners mis pronounce it in the same language you're speaking, doesn't mean you have to stoop to their level 😄

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Hmm, well that's a point i guess - but i can tell you it was equally as odd to hear it said literally, when even though i don't know how to pronounce it, i DO know it wasn't like that.

Don't be afraid to pronounce it correctly IMO, just because foreigners mis pronounce it in the same language you're speaking, doesn't mean you have to stoop to their level 😄

Fair enough, I'll keep that in mind for next time then. 😆

Besides, British people really don't feel like foreigners to me. My life basically revolves around the British Isles, the British English language and I'm constantly communicating with Brits. As an English and history teacher, or former teacher as I lost my job a while back and haven't been able to bounce back yet, I'm constantly reading books, doing research online and watching documentaries about the fascinating history of the British Isles. And 9 out of 10 times when I grab my tent and backpack, I'm leaving to explore the fantastic countryside.
I've already decided to move there once I'm retired. Not sure where exactly but I've lost my heart to the Scottish Highlands a while back as I felt like I was home when I was travelling there for a few weeks. 😅

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

You should not listen to us British on foreign pronunciation, they're oddly crass and ignorant about it.

But they'll argue to the death that they're correct. For example, Jeremy Clarkson and Jaguar.

On 10/23/2021 at 6:44 PM, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Now, I'm really starting to doubt if we'll get another DiRT Rally title before the release of the team's first WRC game. 🤔

Yeah, I honestly thought we'd have word of another title at this point as it seemed like a huge gap between DR2.0 and the first CM WRC game. 

The Tommies in the trenches in WW1 called it Wipers and they had an underground newspaper called The Wiper's Times. I think they found that funny as toilet paper was in short supply.

Edited by Rogerbee
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, I honestly thought we'd have word of another title at this point as it seemed like a huge gap between DR2.0 and the first CM WRC game. 

I haven't given up hope completely though. I still expect a release late Spring/early Summer 2022 with an announcement November/December, early January at the very latest.
If the announcement doesn't come by that time, I'll concede and accept that we'll have to wait until their first WRC game arrives somewhere between September 2023 and April/March 2024.
I don't think the team will pull another DiRT Rally type announcement out of their hats where they immediately released the first beta version of DR with the announcement.

I am considering to put together a video discussing a possible 2022 release, going over all the reasons why it just makes too much sense but I'll have to reresearch everything and find all the sources to back some of the claims up. I don't think I have the time for that and I wouldn't even know where to start looking for half of the sources I read once or so six months or a year ago. 😅

@PJTierney, I both hate and love you for what you do but the constant pondering and worrying is seriously affecting my life expectancy at the moment. 😆

• Haha 1