Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

11 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest! They were hoping to get that out of the way so they could concentrate on a PS5 remaster of The Witcher 3, but that never materialised. Just be thankful they weren't put in charge of the DiRT franchise.

The PS5 version of 2077 and W3 got delayed to the first half of next year.

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Nothing is, really.

You either drive a Stratos or an M3, or you lose.

That might be true, but the difference to the Sierra or the Renault is mostly handling characteristics, and it shows most in championships with a competitive field. The Datsun already loses by just looking at the numbers. I love it nonetheless ^^

Edited by ricxxV2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
13 hours ago, JZStudios said:

The PS5 version of 2077 and W3 got delayed to the first half of next year.

Wouldn't reinstall either now. 2077 was overhyped and W3 was overlong. If you want to play a game for a long time, there has to be a good reason. DiRT Rally gave you good reasons to come back.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Wouldn't reinstall either now. 2077 was overhyped and W3 was overlong. If you want to play a game for a long time, there has to be a good reason. DiRT Rally gave you good reasons to come back.

W3 isn't too bad if you stick to main questline. And I highly disagree. There was nothing in DR to keep you there unless you liked running the same stages repeatedly. I didn't like anything other than Greece and Wales so it got real tiring real quick, Spent even less time in DR2.

Bonjour,

A quand une info sur un Dirt Rally 3.0 ?   pas le WRC20023 !

Cela devient insupportable d'attendre !....

Si il n'y a rien de prévu, autant le dire à la communauté... quelle n'espère plus pour rien.

merci pour votre compréhension de ma lassitude

Cdt

Boba

Edited by OTR Boba Fett
erreur
  • Agree 1
On 11/2/2021 at 8:23 PM, JorritVD said:

What you guys thought about my crappy first vlog? 😄  (yes, next will be shorter, better, ...)

I watched a little bit of the video and I think you absolutely went into your first RX adventure with the right mindset. The best thing you could do is take it easy in the beginning and see what happens, push a bit more once you feel the car and get more confidence. I think you did very well. 

I was quite surprised that the car is so loud. Is that a stock 325i? Doesn't sound like an inline six tbf. 

Edited by ricxxV2
5 hours ago, ricxxV2 said:

I was quite surprised that the car is so loud. Is that a stock 325i? Doesn't sound like an inline six tbf. 

Its pretty quiet. It’s a stock 325i with small mods. I guess there is no air filter, and also there is no sound demping stuff in the car anymore. Maybe the GoPro mic didn’t help aswell. 

maybe in next vlog i can show the car a bit more in detail. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Its pretty quiet. It’s a stock 325i with small mods. I guess there is no air filter, and also there is no sound demping stuff in the car anymore. Maybe the GoPro mic didn’t help aswell. 

maybe in next vlog i can show the car a bit more in detail. 

There's no air filter? Even if races are short, is that recommended? I mean, I get that the car 'breathes' in more air more freely, but are you not concerned it'd breathe in some dirt and other stuff into the engine as well? A missing air filter would explain the different noise, though. 

Edited by ricxxV2
9 hours ago, OTR Boba Fett said:

Bonjour,

A quand une info sur un Dirt Rally 3.0 ?   pas le WRC20023 !

Cela devient insupportable d'attendre !....

Si il n'y a rien de prévu, autant le dire à la communauté... quelle n'espère plus pour rien.

merci pour votre compréhension de ma lassitude

Cdt

Boba

Bonjour boba , moi et les autres joueur sur le forums du topic dirty gossip attendont des  infos du prochains dirt  rally 3, meme le comunity managers n a aucune info tellement les developeur garde le secret  , je sais c est dur d attendre, j espere une annonce apres la sortie de batlefeild 2042  ou en janvier, sinon faudra encore jusqu a WRC 2023 .

Rester patient 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ricxxV2 said:

There's no air filter? Even if races are short, is that recommended? I mean, I get that the car 'breathes' in more air more freely, but are you not concerned it'd breathe in some dirt and other stuff into the engine as well? Would explain the different noise, though. 

wonder if he got the concrete slabs in the back. 😁

On 11/1/2021 at 6:20 PM, ricxxV2 said:

The 240Z is ❤️. Such a shame that it's not competitive in its class. 

On 11/1/2021 at 8:57 PM, PJTierney said:

Nothing is, really.

You either drive a Stratos or an M3, or you lose.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:24 PM, ricxxV2 said:

That might be true, but the difference to the Sierra or the Renault is mostly handling characteristics, and it shows most in championships with a competitive field. The Datsun already loses by just looking at the numbers. I love it nonetheless ^^

I strongly disagree.

It really depends on the location/stage, if the Stratos, M3 Evo Rally or R5T is the best overall car.

I would say the R5T is the fastest, but really hard to drive.
And the Turbo is sometimes a problem.

Stratos and M3 are very close, but the Sierra is quite far away from the 3 top cars.
Too big, too heavy. (But I somehow love the turbo sound in it. Always a pleasure.)

The 240Z and Ascona 400 are wrong in this class, they are so far away, these are more H2 than H3 material, if you look at the times.
If even the fastest drivers in this game can't beat me in a Ascona 400, when I drive the M3, you know the car is just too slow 😄 

think it was is just times changing. in a sad way many people that made dirt rally great games have moved on. it does happen though. i do feel the family feel that was here has kinda gone recently and its become more business like. if that is easy to understand.

im hoping with new ideas and new people that something special can happen. fingers crossed. 😁

• Agree 1
On 06/11/2021 at 14:41, dgeesi0 said:

i do feel the family feel that was here has kinda gone recently and its become more business like.

I agree. Certainly not a dig at the staff members who regularly post here, but I agree that there seems to be a more business like feel to the way contributions are made now (and there has been for some time, so I am not blaming EA!). 

In other news: 

Pretty cool to see Ken own this car now, like what he has done to it (i.e. kept it subtle) and what he has planned for it. 

Also interesting to see him say out loud what we suspected about the RS200: it wasn't much fun to drive!

Slightly muddled comments because dudebro style and groupies, but he was saying it's not much fun to drive with the homologation horsepower.  They put in the evo engine or something but something about issues with it being worth so much and worried about putting it into a snow bank as he likes to drive his cars.

45 minutes ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Slightly muddled comments because dudebro style and groupies, but he was saying it's not much fun to drive with the homologation horsepower.

Coming off Forza Horizon and Riders Republic, Mr. The Block is hardly dudebro. Hell, based off those games, Slaptrain isn't that bad.