Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

So I've been playing BF2042, gotta say, love the vehicle physics. Very realistic.

https://preview.redd.it/pnca22w5zy181.gif?format=mp4&s=b6d1f18da9180f1984f624eb13c64ba1c3d080e7

Wha, are they like applying a force always to the bottom of the car or something? The first flip looks rather normal, then it goes weird

4 hours ago, UP100 said:

Wha, are they like applying a force always to the bottom of the car or something? The first flip looks rather normal, then it goes weird

I don't know, but I have to keep bringing it back to Frostbite can't handle vehicle physics. Every vehicle in this game is awful to control, and now they added "collision" detection to the same broken system, so every time you take a jeep off a jump it's a 50/50 if it's going to burst into flames.

3 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

And no one else here knows why you seem to think game = engine.  Other than BF2042 being filled with bugs, it's also not a vehicle sim game.

I'm not sure why you think I think that. I'm also not sure why it has to be a sim game to have physics that are functional. If it can't do simplistic physics, I fail to see the logic of how it would do complex physics.

See, if you take any other game engine, and launch a vehicle like that, you get a reasonably realistic result with bare minimum simplistic physics. At no point ever has Frostbite demonstrated the capability of doing simplistic physics.

All I'm saying is, Frostbite has a history of only being "good" at FPS and multiplayer systems, without any real need for a detailed physics engine. It takes teams years to implement basic features, yet frostbite, despite having no evidence of even rudimentary physics stability, I'm supposed to believe is capable of incredibly detailed physics simulations. At best Frostbite has semi-decent particle systems.

Edited by JZStudios

Hi guys!!! I've been playing WRC 10 for a while now, and I'm blown away by the huge improvement over WRC 9. The tarmac physics, and especially Monte Carlo is the most realistic I've ever played. It really feels amazing the grip changes. I would like this in DR 3. On dirt they are very good too. Driving Monte Carlo is the best realistic experience I've ever had in a rally game. It is crucial to choose the right tires, and special mention to the wear as it affects the grip a lot. Sorry for the offtopic. But you have to try it. I didn't like the previous installments... but this WRC 10 is amazing. Very realistic. Greetings!!!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 11/28/2021 at 12:18 PM, Keko55 said:

Hi guys!!! I've been playing WRC 10 for a while now, and I'm blown away by the huge improvement over WRC 9. The tarmac physics, and especially Monte Carlo is the most realistic I've ever played. It really feels amazing the grip changes. I would like this in DR 3. On dirt they are very good too. Driving Monte Carlo is the best realistic experience I've ever had in a rally game. It is crucial to choose the right tires, and special mention to the wear as it affects the grip a lot. Sorry for the offtopic. But you have to try it. I didn't like the previous installments... but this WRC 10 is amazing. Very realistic. Greetings!!!!

I haven't got round to it yet, but I will definitely give it a go at some point. Have there been any improvements to audio? 

• Agree 1

I will just say this, I got my 2nd warning on discord despite never having insulted anyone and I even apologised for an admittedly unnecessary personal remark. Disagreement and challenging someone's position is obviously not allowed and seen as a personal attack and harassment, as long as the other person starts crying and playing the victim all the time, even if that person ironically started attacking first. Very disingenuous stuff. I'm not sure if that is fair moderating, quite disappointing tbh and certainly far from being objective.  

Any fair minded person must be scratching their head. If this is the discussion culture you want to promote, then an echo chamber you'll get where outlandish nonsense remains unchallenged and the horizon is limited for everyone. Congratulations! Maybe having discussions isn't even the goal. who knows. I think someone insinuated that discussions weren't taking place that much anymore. Like, why? If there ever will be an official DiRTY discord I hope that things will be handled better there. 

Anyways, does anyone know who Scott Mansell's father is? I'd like to know bc I have no idea but it seems quite important to that person 😂

Edited by ricxxV2

10 minutes ago, ricxxV2 said:

I will just say this, I got my 2nd warning on discord despite never having insulted anyone and even apologised for an admittedly unnecessary personal remark. Disagreement and challenging someone's position is obviously not allowed and seen as a personal attack and harassment, as long as the other person starts crying and playing the victim all the time, even if that person ironically started attacking first. Very disingenuous stuff. I'm not sure if that is fair moderating, quite disappointing tbh and certainly far from being objective.  

Any fair minded person must be scratching their head. If this is the discussion culture you want to promote, then an echo chamber you'll get where outlandish nonsense remains unchallenged. If there ever will be an official DiRTY discord I hope that things will be handled better there. 

Anyways, does anyone know who Scott Mansell's father is? I'd like to know bc I have no idea but it seems quite important to that person 😂

Sounds uhh, familiar...

Discord is a ****** place for any discussion. I only use it for friends or occasionally as a more real-time alternative to Reddit as a support forum.

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Sounds uhh, familiar...

Discord is a ****** place for any discussion. I only use it for friends or occasionally as a more real-time alternative to Reddit as a support forum.

I don't know if that's a 'discord thing', it depends on the 'management' in the first place. If they turn a blind eye to one person's behaviour, then that doesn't reflect well on the integrity of the channel imo. That person took the whining and crying to embarrassingly high levels and it's a mystery to me how that isn't obvious to mods and admins. I suspect that he wanted to pressure the mods to act and get me out or something, you don't see that kind of behaviour that often. Just wow 😂

Edited by ricxxV2

2 hours ago, ricxxV2 said:

I don't know if that's a 'discord thing', it depends on the 'management' in the first place. If they have a blind eye on one person's behaviour, then that doesn't reflect well on the integrity of the channel imo. That person took the whining and crying to embarrassingly high levels and it's a mystery to me how that isn't obvious to mods and admins. I suspect that he wanted to pressure the mods to act and get me out or something, you don't see that kind of behaviour that often. Just wow 

I'm not going into it. Forums in general have gone very far towards censorship or stupid arbitrary rules. On LTT I get in trouble for making jokes that aren't offensive and one guy got in trouble for "clickbait thread titles" that weren't, here I get in trouble for arguments I didn't start, BeamNG just deleted a bunch of comments and locked the effectively gossip thread because it's been 6 months since the last update and blown past their speculative date with no communication.

It's more and more like if you don't praise whatever the thing the forum is about they don't want you there. BeamNG really annoyed me, the only reason I use their forum is to check on game updates, but they haven't posted any for a year and a half. Now we're getting in trouble for asking what's happening with the product we paid for as "begging."

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

here I get in trouble for arguments I didn't start,

I think it's no secret that I didn't agree with you on many things, and even if people don't like to see disagreement, especially if it's off-topic, at least there was a discussion and everyone benefitted by reflecting on things and looking at them from a different angle. 

If I think someone makes a ton of assumptions that make no sense and I get a warning for challenging these assumptions, because the other guys claims to be attacked personally, then I think we're in trouble because no discussion is allowed. I don't think that's the right way to lead a public platform. 

Forums are privately owned and there are rules. The owners have the right to ban me if I do not respect the rules. They can ban me for any reason, really. There's nothing I can do about it. That's probably how you got banned from the Kunos forum. Stefano didn't like what said, maybe his frustration levels were already quite high. Many people were banned from the Pcars forum and they called it censorship, but what really happened was, people were being very rude and insulted the dev team and mods all the time, so you have to take a look and see what really happened and be honest about it.  

5 hours ago, ricxxV2 said:

DiRTY discord

Nice freudian slip there 😛 I meant DiRTY Gossip discord

Edited by ricxxV2

4 hours ago, ricxxV2 said:

Forums are privately owned and there are rules. The owners have the right to ban me if I do not respect the rules. They can ban me for any reason, really. There's nothing I can do about it. That's probably how you got banned from the Kunos forum. Stefano didn't like what said, maybe his frustration levels were already quite high. Many people were banned from the Pcars forum and they called it censorship, but what really happened was, people were being very rude and insulted the dev team and mods all the time, so you have to take a look and see what really happened and be honest about it.  

The AC forums I was attacked and called a conspiracy theorist because I said an update seemed to introduce some understeer. I also said Forza looks better.

• Social Media & Community Team

@ricxxV2 No need to bring the drama over here 🙂 

For what it's worth (because I was present in the conversations that happened):

• Nobody wants to see a person get banned.
  • Both you and the other person were given the same warning as both of you took a heated debate beyond the line (doesn't matter who started/finished it).
  • No blind eye was turned towards any member; I know the moderators discuss lots of things that the regular members don't see.

15 hours ago, ricxxV2 said:

Anyways, does anyone know who Scott Mansell's father is?

For context, Scott Mansell is a race driver coach who owns and presents the Driver61 channel.

He makes videos about F1, rally and engineering:

His father (Kevin) was a racing driver in the UK and (I believe) now owns and runs some historic F1 cars. I could be wrong though, it's hard to find much info on him online.

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

@ricxxV2 

• Both you and the other person were given the same warning as both of you took a heated debate beyond the line (doesn't matter who started/finished it).

I think what's happening over there is not ok and I will call this out because it makes no sense. The only thing that was beyond the line is his exaggerated crying and false claims of harassment. 

I know who Scott Mansell is, PJ, and I know that his father is NOT Nigel. I just wanted to point that out by asking the question because it was clear to me that the guy thought he'd be the son of a famous F1 champion. Trying to clear that up is seen as harassment and an attack, because the other guy took the whining to the next level. Unbelievable stuff, really. 

Edited by ricxxV2

1 minute ago, tbtstt said:

Despite waiting an age for it to come out on PS4, I still haven't picked up Art of Rally. I saw Absolute Drift was on sale (£2!) last weekend though, so bought that... I love it, if Art of Rally plays the same then it should be brilliant. 

Be warned. Unlike the PC version, Art of Rally on the Xbox had no custom mapping of control buttons whatsoever, and only *one* preset control scheme. Which made it unplayable for me. Don't know if they fixed that up since release but I follow the dev on twitter and nothing mentioned that I've seen.

• Thanks 1