Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

9 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

Be warned. Unlike the PC version, Art of Rally on the Xbox had no custom mapping of control buttons whatsoever, and only *one* preset control scheme. Which made it unplayable for me. Don't know if they fixed that up since release but I follow the dev on twitter and nothing mentioned that I've seen.

I am playing Absolute Drift on the default scheme and getting on OK with it (surprisingly, because I don't normally like having accelerator/brake on the triggers), so hopefully I'll be OK with Art of Rally. Appreciate the heads up though!

• Agree 1

• Social Media & Community Team
4 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Despite waiting an age for it to come out on PS4, I still haven't picked up Art of Rally. I saw Absolute Drift was on sale (£2!) last weekend though, so bought that... I love it, if Art of Rally plays the same then it should be brilliant. 

art of rally plays better, the weight transfer feels great.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

art of rally plays better, the weight transfer feels great.

That's very encouraging, as I really like how Absolute Drift feels. (Or rather I did as soon as I stepped the difficulty up: felt very unnatural in easy mode). 

21 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

I've been playing 'Witch Racing 3' which is in Frostbite and let me tell you, the physics do NOT bode well for the next Codemasters rally title. Not at all. 

images (73).jpeg

At least someone is finally agreeing with the truth. At this point, I hope it is in Frostbite and it sucks major...

11 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I am playing Absolute Drift on the default scheme and getting on OK with it (surprisingly, because I don't normally like having accelerator/brake on the triggers), so hopefully I'll be OK with Art of Rally. Appreciate the heads up though!

...what else would you use? The digital buttons? Or are you one of those thumb stick cretins?

54 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

...what else would you use? The digital buttons? Or are you one of those thumb stick cretins?

X for accelerator, square for brake, circle for handbrake. Gear up/gear down on R2 and L2 respectively. (Clutch on L1 for the games that have it)

Been playing driving games that way since CMR1, so I am used to it now! 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

X for accelerator, square for brake, circle for handbrake. Gear up/gear down on R2 and L2 respectively. (Clutch on L1 for the games that have it)

Been playing driving games that way since CMR1, so I am used to it now! 

Gross. That's guaranteed wheel spin and brake lockup. It's so bad even Sony fixed the triggers and got rid of analog buttons.

We've done it!!!

1K subscribers on the Sim's Racing Channel!!! 

Even though I was hoping to reach it at some point, I never thought it would actually happen!

I want to thank everyone who supports Sim's Racing as well as SRD. You guys have been amazing!

Hopefully, I can rely on your support for the future because I would love to keep growing. I'm looking into a few different options to try out such as live streaming for example.

Once again, thank you for all the support.
You have no idea how much this means to me!

If you want to check it out, feel free to do so.
Link: https://cutt.ly/XYtG2Dz

Screenshot_20211202_073703.jpg.40f1e2b535fac145d4743fe057e5063b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Gross. That's guaranteed wheel spin and brake lockup. It's so bad even Sony fixed the triggers and got rid of analog buttons.

Too old/stubborn to change now. Can race competitively with most of my mates, if I start losing to all of them then maybe I'll force myself to change! 😆