Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

20 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

First video of 2022 has been released!
Dubbed the final section as 'Gossip', talking about the future of DiRT Rally.

Enjoy!

Nice video mate. However, I'm not holding my breathe towards your gossip part. Either Codies pulls a DR1 kind of release or I'm just not seeing it happen.

Anyway, I did my Gaming PC back in 2012 so it looks like a toaster now... maybe they'll waiting for me to sell a kidney and update this hahaha

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I am hopeful that the new Forza Motorsport will to further down the serious racing route, as the past few titles have clearly been influenced by Forza Horizon's success and drifted too far towards the casual side. 

Yeah, we will see. GT7 may give them something to think about on that score.

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I am hopeful that the new Forza Motorsport will to further down the serious racing route, as the past few titles have clearly been influenced by Forza Horizon's success and drifted too far towards the casual side. 

It should be if you look at the improvements they made to the tyre colission model etc. It'll be 48 times more detailed than before. 

2 hours ago, TheFlyingTuga said:

Nice video mate. However, I'm not holding my breathe towards your gossip part. Either Codies pulls a DR1 kind of release or I'm just not seeing it happen.

Anyway, I did my Gaming PC back in 2012 so it looks like a toaster now... maybe they'll waiting for me to sell a kidney and update this hahaha

Thanks mate. I'm giving @PJTierney another month to drop an announcement. 😁 *nudge nudge wink wink*

My custom pc build is from the same period so I'm in dire need of a major upgrade as well. Just need to find the budget to do it... Not easy to find it with prices as they are nowadays. 

• Social Media & Community Team
15 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

They've typically run on a 6 month announce to release schedule.

Unless you're announcing a game specifically to bring in staff to make said game (think Starfield, FableCyberpunk 2077 etc.), most traditional vidoegame campaigns in the industry last 3-6 months.

• Like 2

Dirt 5 is free on PS4/5 right now for PS Plus. It's... not great. They tried to do the "atmosphere" of Dirt 2 and 3 which is mostly fine, but the Donut stuff is annoying as expected. The biggest issue is the physics are the new standard arcade type where everything is super heavy for no reason. If you go somewhat sideways off a jump at 70mph, instead of just sliding off and flying through the air as you expect, it just about rolls over. The physics don't work in any way you'd expect them to. One of the early races has you using an Ariel Nomad, and as soon as it touches tarmac it's like driving on ice for some reason. It's actually awful, and D2/3 didn't feel anything like that.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:28 PM, JZStudios said:

Dirt 5 is free on PS4/5 right now for PS Plus. 

Saw it was free this month, but haven't got round to trying it yet (currently spending most of my gaming time on Last of Us 2). 

I am approaching Dirt 5 with fairly low expectations, so perhaps I'll have more fun than expected... or perhaps it will end up with a quick uninstall! 

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 3:40 PM, Rogerbee said:

Tee hee,

How many of us still come to this thread expecting news on Dirt Rally 3.0 when we see a new reply has been posted!?

i dive in here every now and then hoping for a new offspring to the dirt family. 😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, tbtstt said:

Saw it was free this month, but haven't got round to trying it yet (currently spending most of my gaming time on Last of Us 2). 

I am approaching Dirt 5 with fairly low expectations, so perhaps I'll have more fun than expected... or perhaps it will end up with a quick uninstall! 

Ew.

The physics are just really weird. For them to keep talking about how it's supposed to go back to it's roots, it doesn't play or feel anything remotely like them. It just "looks" similar to them. It feels more like the Crew or the new NFS titles.

• Agree 1

Hmm, considering that NFS is an EA title, that doesn't bode well for the future. I remember getting Burnout Paradise, thinking I'd be getting something like Burnout 3 but for the PC, boy was I wrong! Even with a DS4 the controls just didn't respond at all, I found boosting and takedowns to be nigh on impossible when I could ace them in 3 on my PS2. If, by some miracle, EA butt out and let Codies do what they want with Dirt Rally 3.0 and we get the chance to completely reset our progress (the one thing keeping me away from 2.0 right now) then I will probably be inclined to give the new game a whirl. There's no way I'm going in blind, I'll wait for reviews and some of you lot to play it before I go near it.

Edited by Rogerbee
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Hmm, considering that NFS is an EA title, that doesn't bode well for the future. I remember getting Burnout Paradise, thinking I'd be getting something like Burnout 3 but for the PC, boy was I wrong! Even with a DS4 the controls just didn't respond at all, I found boosting and takedowns to be nigh on impossible when I could ace them in 3 on my PS2. If, by some miracle, EA butt out and let Codies do what they want with Dirt Rally 3.0 and we get the chance to completely reset our progress (the one thing keeping me away from 2.0 right now) then I will probably be inclined to give the new game a whirl. There's no way I'm going in blind, I'll wait for reviews and some of you lot to play it before I go near it.

Paradise is exceptionally responsive though? It feels almost exactly like the prior games.

Not to me it wasn't, I was using a DS4 and doing exactly what you were supposed to, but, I just didn't get on with it at all. Burnout 2 and 3 were just so intuitive and I had a ball playing them. Paradise by comparison felt like a train wreck. By this point I don't think Criterion were involved at all and it really showed.

9 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Not to me it wasn't, I was using a DS4 and doing exactly what you were supposed to, but, I just didn't get on with it at all. Burnout 2 and 3 were just so intuitive and I had a ball playing them. Paradise by comparison felt like a train wreck. By this point I don't think Criterion were involved at all and it really showed.

I have Burnout 3, Revenge and Paradise on my PC right now, they all feel identical. The controller doesn't matter.