Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Another warning and a timeout from discord :classic_laugh: You can ban me, I really don't care. The guy doesn't read articles properly and then attacks people who try to make clear that he misunderstood. Everyone is silent, nobody seems to care. I'm the bad guy obviously for calling the BS out. It's embarrassing, honestly. 

Just to make it clear, I said 'it is closer to harassment than what he accused me of doing all the time'. That's a tiny but important detail. 

Sorry PJ for dragging this onto the forums but obviously I can't respond on discord. 

Anyways, if you find that everything is fine and rosy over there, then I wish you good luck! It's a desaster. 

Edited by ricxxV2

• Social Media & Community Team

I'm busy working so I don't even know what went down 🙂 

I'll check in with the mods after work and see what the story is. Moderation stuff isn't really a public discussion anyway, not on individual members/incidents.

2 hours ago, ricxxV2 said:

Another warning and a timeout from discord :classic_laugh: You can ban me, I really don't care. The guy doesn't read articles properly and then attacks people who try to make clear that he misunderstood. Everyone is silent, nobody seems to care. I'm the bad guy obviously for calling the BS out. It's embarrassing, honestly. 

Just to make it clear, I said 'it is closer to harassment than what he accused me of doing all the time'. That's a tiny but important detail. 

Sorry PJ for dragging this onto here but obviously I can't respond on discord. 

Anyways, if you find that everything is fine and rosy over there, then I wish you good luck! It's a desaster. 

I stopped the discord a while ago, the fact that you can't chat in the "gossip" because it's not specifically dirt is dumb. Over moderation is really annoying.

14 hours ago, JZStudios said:

PCSX2.

Ohh, gotcha, I've never really done much with emulators. I seem to remember one called Bleem which let you play PS1 games on a PC, and while intrigued by playing Gran Turismo on a PC, I decided to stick with consoles.

9 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Ohh, gotcha, I've never really done much with emulators. I seem to remember one called Bleem which let you play PS1 games on a PC, and while intrigued by playing Gran Turismo on a PC, I decided to stick with consoles.

I think PCSX2 works with PS1 games now. I've used it to play Burnout, Midnight Club 3, and it's actually got wheel support so I've also been playing Enthusia and GT4 until the save corrupted for some reason.

It has been a while since I have played any of the earlier Burnout games and I put a pretty big chunk of time into Paradise and I can't recall any particular shift in handling between games. In my mind the Burnout games have always been the top of the pile when it comes to arcade racing. 

Definitely have at least one of the older games stored at home, might have to fish them out this weekend! 

22 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I think PCSX2 works with PS1 games now. I've used it to play Burnout, Midnight Club 3, and it's actually got wheel support so I've also been playing Enthusia and GT4 until the save corrupted for some reason.

Cool, I prefer to leave them in the past now though. I enjoyed them when they were new, but, I try as much as I can not to get stuck in ruts.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, Rogerbee said:

Cool, I prefer to leave them in the past now though. I enjoyed them when they were new, but, I try as much as I can not to get stuck in ruts.

I don't even begin to understand what that's supposed to mean. They're still fun to play, otherwise stuff like Tony Hawk, Shadow of the Colossus, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot remakes would've done poorly. Call me crazy, but I play games because they're fun.

8 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

It means I liked the games when they came out, but, I moved on and am not interested in revisiting them.

You moved on from enjoyable things? Bizarre sentiment.

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'm interested in the Toky Hawk's remake, as I really liked the original games and it seems the new one's faithfully recreated the handling/physics.

They seem to, it's just the old games with a new coat of paint. Might've smoothed some of the stuff out, only played it for a little bit on my buddy's playstation.

• Like 1

The majority were great till I completed them and didn't have anything else to do with them once I had. If you'd been able to completely start the game again from scratch, maybe I'd still be playing Dirt Rally 2.0 now. Hopefully in 3.0 you'll be able to delete anything you want to and start again with a clean slate.

Edited by Rogerbee

@PJTierney, when you guys continue developing the next rally sim game or start working on EA/CM's first WRC game, aim to beat AC when it comes to tarmac rallying.
As of right now, with a certain selection of cars and stages, this is pretty much the benchmark for rallying on tarmac (even better than RBR).

Thought I'd created my own authentic Rallye Monte-Carlo (conditions: 0°C, fog & night) and it's bloody brilliant!
Next challenge is to generate pacenotes and accomplish a competitive run with the Ford Fiesta RS WRC 2019 on the complete Moulinon stage, which is 40km long! 😮 

• Like 4

Well, as almost everyone on this forum already knows, Codemasters' next rally game (probably WRC 2023) is being made on Unreal Engine. Do you guys think it's too optimistic to expect rally stages with similar quality to the opening scene in the video below?

After hearing about this gossip, I realized that Assetto Corsa Competizione and Hell Let Loose are made on Unreal 4, and personally I think they are amazing looking games. If Codemasters could reach the same visual level as these games I would be more than happy.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

@PJTierney, when you guys continue developing the next rally sim game or start working on EA/CM's first WRC game, aim to beat AC when it comes to tarmac rallying.
As of right now, with a certain selection of cars and stages, this is pretty much the benchmark for rallying on tarmac (even better than RBR).

Thought I'd created my own authentic Rallye Monte-Carlo (conditions: 0°C, fog & night) and it's bloody brilliant!
Next challenge is to generate pacenotes and accomplish a competitive run with the Ford Fiesta RS WRC 2019 on the complete Moulinon stage, which is 40km long! 😮 

Assetto Corsa was good, till I fell out with the modders on Race Department and had to abandon ship. It tainted my experience with the game so much I just wanted to uninstall it. So I did. If I want another driving game, it'll be one that isn't so heavily reliant on mods.

Finally got round to giving Dirt 5 a go. Played a couple of hours last night and it seems a fairly competent arcade racer, reminiscent of Motorstorm in some regards. Good car selection, looks pretty decent, cars sound good... but for the most part not what I want in a DiRT title. 

Switched a lot of the audio options off to try and avoid listening to that Donut media moron. Actually quite like some of the disciplines they have included (I'd love to have the oval sprint cars with DiRT Rally 2.0 handling!). Agree with the earlier comment that some of the handling is a bit inconsistent though (the Atom on tarmac really stood out to me). I'll probably carry on plodding through the career, but this is the only numbered DiRT title I won't be adding to me collection. 

Game does at least do one thing better than DR2.0: gives me the plain blue '98 Impreza that I wanted! 

15 hours ago, Von4wd said:

Well, as almost everyone on this forum already knows, Codemasters' next rally game (probably WRC 2023) is being made on Unreal Engine. Do you guys think it's too optimistic to expect rally stages with similar quality to the opening scene in the video below?

After hearing about this gossip, I realized that Assetto Corsa Competizione and Hell Let Loose are made on Unreal 4, and personally I think they are amazing looking games. If Codemasters could reach the same visual level as these games I would be more than happy.

Where was that announced? At this point if that were true, it would probably be UE5.

5 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Finally got round to giving Dirt 5 a go. Played a couple of hours last night and it seems a fairly competent arcade racer, reminiscent of Motorstorm in some regards. Good car selection, looks pretty decent, cars sound good... but for the most part not what I want in a DiRT title. 

Switched a lot of the audio options off to try and avoid listening to that Donut media moron. Actually quite like some of the disciplines they have included (I'd love to have the oval sprint cars with DiRT Rally 2.0 handling!). Agree with the earlier comment that some of the handling is a bit inconsistent though (the Atom on tarmac really stood out to me). I'll probably carry on plodding through the career, but this is the only numbered DiRT title I won't be adding to me collection. 

Game does at least do one thing better than DR2.0: gives me the plain blue '98 Impreza that I wanted! 

It does a lot of stuff... odd. I just tried out the playgrounds mode and noticed the paint has metal flake in hood view, but for 90% of circumstances/viewing angles, that's basically non-existent so the paint looks ****, especially compared to Forza. And these were the driveclub guys, I don't know why the graphics are so odd.

You can tell they were trying really hard to match the "style" of D2 and 3, but just didn't quite do it. Also recently played D3, and man, it's a huge difference. The physics in the older Dirt games made you feel like Richard Hammond, a driving god. This one just feels... weird. And the "story" is ******* awful. As much as everyone hated the "dudebro" in D2, at least it was only a 5 second voice line.

14 hours ago, gk9147 said:

New steering wheel animations  at 43:11 Look i hope is come in futur dirt rally game

I hope that's the only thing. The forced 'story' approach to WRC23 after the excellent, stripped-back-but-very-enjoyable Dirt Rally 1 and 2 career mode would be horrendous downgrade IMO. Find a balance between them, fine, but I honestly love the DR1 and 2 approach to the career mode, with the ability to find your competitive level of any car and have a varying calendar for each season, so no two are alike.