Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

• Social Media & Community Team
41 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

I hope that's the only thing. The forced 'story' approach to WRC23 after the excellent, stripped-back-but-very-enjoyable Dirt Rally 1 and 2 career mode would be horrendous downgrade IMO. Find a balance between them, fine, but I honestly love the DR1 and 2 approach to the career mode, with the ability to find your competitive level of any car and have a varying calendar for each season, so no two are alike.

Here's a work-in-progress cutscene:

• Haha 4

hmm, Jon needs some budget it seems, or just a way to get some extra budget at the last moment?
Maybe some sponsors pulled back at the last moment, but I fund it a bit odd it just posted a few days before the deadline (could also just be a bit of a marketing trick ofcourse).
At least wish him the best of luck. Getting sponsorship is pretty challenging, but with the amount of followers and the experience Jon has, I think should be possible. 

image.png.e00e6c2d041bbd8bf8e0d0177885b76b.png

What I always notice with sponsorship is a bit of luck (and favor), but its one side about presenting value, but also how you take your partners with you.
Think about what your partners need. Do they want to promote a product, do they want to attract new employees, do they want to give their brand a certain image.
Also sometimes companies forget, but you give them great marketing and content material to post on their socials. They not need to share every post or something, but otherwise they again post their corporate boring message constantly. 

An other form of Partnership is to go a level deeper with your (mostly main) partner their supplier/customers. Your partner can use the program as a leverage. 
Maybe in a normal situation you cant get discount, or not much. But now they can negotiate to get a bigger discount and in return they will also be showen on the car and socials and stuff of the racing program. For example your sponsor needs tools/machines etc, that has value of lets say 50.000 euro. Normally nog get a discount, but because now you have leverage with the racing program, you can get a discount of for example 5.000 euro. How you split the 5.000 euro is a decision ofcourse. But its basically a win-win-win situation. The supplier probably still makes a profit, but now also makes promotion. Your partners saves some money on both his tools/machines, but also on his sponsorship. And the racing program gets a bit of extra budget and an extra partner that makes the reach bigger. 

10 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

I hope that's the only thing. The forced 'story' approach to WRC23 after the excellent, stripped-back-but-very-enjoyable Dirt Rally 1 and 2 career mode would be horrendous downgrade IMO. Find a balance between them, fine, but I honestly love the DR1 and 2 approach to the career mode, with the ability to find your competitive level of any car and have a varying calendar for each season, so no two are alike.

I very quickly got to the point of just skipping the cutscenes. It's way too drama reality TV style to even begin to care. I'd rather have something more like the old Forza games where you can just choose your own path and career choices.

Cutscenes are bunkum in a driving game, especially a simulator. What's also sub-par is a total lack of any fun or colour in a career mode (ie DR2.0) 

Best thing so far in such games has been e-mails, text messages, that sort of stuff. Rivals, sponsors, etc. 

For the resources saved from cut-scenes you could generate a much bigger variety of communications and occurrences such that you rarely encounter anything twice.

18 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

Cutscenes are bunkum in a driving game, especially a simulator. What's also sub-par is a total lack of any fun or colour in a career mode (ie DR2.0) 

Best thing so far in such games has been e-mails, text messages, that sort of stuff. Rivals, sponsors, etc. 

For the resources saved from cut-scenes you could generate a much bigger variety of communications and occurrences such that you rarely encounter anything twice.

Bunkum?

• Social Media & Community Team

Codemasters has not communicated/announced anything regarding future title details, other than what was mentioned last year.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/codemasters-gets-rights-to-official-wrc-game/

Codemasters said: “We are committed to rally and the DiRT Rally team is already working on their next project ahead of the WRC agreement in 2023.”

Until you hear something from us (and when you do, you know where to find it: official websites/socials), I wouldn't take heed of any rumours and whatnot that float about on the web.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I'd completely forgotten about the wording Codies used in that statement: "...DR team already working on the next project ahead of the wrc agreement...."

That's the information I was referring to a while back and couldn't find anymore. I knew I remembered correctly that the DR team was working on the next project ahead of the WRC agreement. I also know that it wasn't referring to Dirt5 (separate teams and all). That's the main reason I still believe in a DR3.

Having said that, I don't know if EA's involvement has changed this though. Might be that they decided to 'scrap' the project and use its assets for the WRC game coming in late 2023, early 2024. Slightly more hyped again... 😄 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Codemasters has not communicated/announced anything regarding future title details, other than what was mentioned last year.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/codemasters-gets-rights-to-official-wrc-game/

Until you hear something from us (and when you do, you know where to find it: official websites/socials), I wouldn't take heed of any rumours and whatnot that float about on the web.

I-have-spoken.jpg.35a26d9d824fedefbe7bfa964d7eb0d4.jpg

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2022 at 10:32 PM, F2CMaDMaXX said:

I'd completely forgotten about the wording Codies used in that statement: "...DR team already working on the next project ahead of the wrc agreement...."

Yeah I remember that very well indeed, it's just that time is starting to feel a little too tight for both projects. I honestly thought something would have been announced regarding the project ahead of WRC at this point.

• Agree 1

Perhaps the WRC ask is just an add-on to "DR3" - and by that, i do not mean an expansion pack/DLC - i mean programmatically, perhaps it's a case of assets for the most part and will not require as much time to create as a complete game because it's 1) based on the "DR3" code, and 2) "DR3" is built in a way that lends itself to this?

• Agree 2

Shifting with a controller was something I never ever got the hang of, so, it was auto all the way for me. I always remember that a lot of mod cars in Assetto Corsa had broken automatic boxes, so I learned how to fix them in the .ini's pretty quickly. Props to you for having a go.

• Thanks 1

Well its pretty much time to announce DR3 right? 😮

At least good to see that PJ refers to the source itself. So basically conforming there are currently two projects at the DR team:

- Project A: which is most likely DR3.
- Project B: which is most likely WRC.

• Agree 3