Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Well, whilst I was in the process of uploading and releasing my latest video about the future of the DiRT Rally franchise, the social media peeps decided to overhaul all of DiRT's social media pages. Would've been nice to add this to the speculation mill in the video but you know... It's al about timing. Bugger! 😛 

Still... Plenty of food for thought in the video. Hope you lads will enjoy it.
Lots of things in there which can be discussed here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• Social Media & Community Team
3 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

Well, whilst I was in the process of uploading and releasing my latest video about the future of the DiRT Rally franchise, the social media peeps decided to overhaul all of DiRT's social media pages.

We waited until you hit Upload 😄 

(not really, but funny timing)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, dgeesi0 said:

well as many of the people here (Here where? The forum?) who were close to the " dirt family " you see they are at new jobs or not at codemasters anymore. (Oh, I guess you meant employees.) when they key figures obviously this will effect how dirt is made. also when a company gets taken over brought out often there is restructuring. this maybe whats effecting why we not hearing anything about the next dirt. speculative i know.

I swear you give me an aneurism every time I read what you write.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

This is a very interesting one and I believe all of you will be very happy by the end of it!

I hope its true, just i not keeping my hopes to high.

But good to know that WRC and Unreal engine are confirmed 🙂 I wonder if the possible delay of DR3 also resulted in a timeline change for the first WRC game. About the WRC game I wouldn't be suprised it will include the 2023 content and later 2024 content will be added. but to early to speculate about that tbh.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

This is a very interesting one and I believe all of you will be very happy by the end of it!

[vid]

OK, you got my interest...

Sounds like maybe everything has been pushed back a little - I would usually expect an 'annual franchise' title to be late '23 but maybe the pandemic, the takeover and any other number of possibilities has stretched the timeline a bit. As I expect it'll be a 'stopgap' for a year or so, presumably with an evolution of the current engine, a year of post-launch support could still fit nicely into that plan if announced soon with 3 months of build up.

EA Rally 2022 ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, not boding well. EA Sports Rally rather suggests they're not going to leave Codies to it. If we get just another EA brand sports title, this forum will get killed or swallowed by EA nonsense. Ruh roh!

5 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Hmm, not boding well. EA Sports Rally rather suggests they're not going to leave Codies to it. If we get just another EA brand sports title, this forum will get killed or swallowed by EA nonsense. Ruh roh!

EA Sports Rally is their branding for media whilst supporting Jon's rallying this year.

• Agree 1