Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

7 hours ago, PJTierney said:

He's okay though, but that was a hefty shunt. 😣

I more meant what happened if the barriers failed (as they can do on random mountainside roads, where they might not be as maintained as elsewhere). Lucky guy!

• Social Media & Community Team
22 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Where do you see the future of this forum going? Will we be migrating?

F1 has already migrated to EA Answers, the other games may do so soon.

Yeah, I noticed that,

What awaits us there when we do migrate? Would you even have a role there?

I saw things happening in another forum I was on where people didn't want to play ball with the new owners. I actually helped found a new forum that ex members started from scratch. I don't know if that's something we could think about, unless we want to be part of EA's mighty machine......

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rogerbee said:

Yeah, I noticed that,

I saw things happening in another forum I was on where people didn't want to play ball with the new owners. I actually helped found a new forum that ex members started from scratch. I don't know if that's something we could think about, unless we want to be part of EA's mighty machine......

When that happens I'm not even going to bother. The EA forums suck. Though it's not like this one is very lively anyway, it's only somewhat active at game announcements and the first few months after release.

Edited by JZStudios

On 5/17/2022 at 10:00 AM, Rogerbee said:

Yeah, I noticed that,

I have an EA/Codies account over there.

We will move over eventually, though as you all know DiRT Rally 2.0 isn't actively getting patched anymore so any support would be limited to server outages.

Whatever the team's working on next will obviously be over there from Day 1.

Granted, the EA forum's more of a support space than a hangout, though us Gossipers are pretty unique even amongst the Codies communities. There is the Gossip Discord which is very active, and Reddit for random clips and fun stuff.

Yeah,

Sadly I too don't have a great fondness for Discord. I've been there twice and have left on both occasions. What seems good on the surface hides an element which I find toxic. The bad always lurks around the good and it festers there where, as much as you try, you can't ignore it.

I'll remain here till the last page, but, like you, JZ, I won't be hanging around for much afterwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thought I would stop by ...  say hello.  So when is this forum going away?  That will be sad, its been a long run.  I only hope that someday there will be some other companies (not ea) creating DiRT like games and Rally games.  DiRT2 and Dirt Rally are still great fun and high up on my list of favorites.  

1 minute ago, gfRally said:

Well, thought I would stop by ...  say hello.  So when is this forum going away?

We're still tying up stuff behind the scenes over on the EA forums, but expect this place to lock up around early July.

2 minutes ago, gfRally said:

That will be sad, its been a long run.

Sure has. Fortunately most of the OG crew is in Discord and they've been incredibly helpful towards newer players.

On 6/7/2022 at 11:22 AM, PJTierney said:

We're still tying up stuff behind the scenes over on the EA forums, but expect this place to lock up around early July.

Good time to announce a new game 😄

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

@PJTierney we need a date for the lockdown so we can do a classic forum countdown!

(eg 

We're originally thinking July 1, but with F1 being so busy I think it might be a few weeks after that.

Am I right in thinking that because of the WRC license agreements, nothing can be shown from the new WRC game until 2023? I am not asking about whether EA will or will not show something, but whether it is actually legally possible to show something before the actual license starting date.