Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

On 10/29/2022 at 1:17 PM, gfRally said:

Interesting thought, My son was 6months old when DR2 came out.  In about 6 months from now, he will be 5.  So I can develop a human faster than 50+ people can make a game...  perspective

Wait...what!?
DR2.0 came out in february 2019, so the game turns 4 years in a little over 3 months from now.
Your son is now 4 1/2 years old.
You need to refresh your math before your son goes into school, or you will be embarrassed quickly by a 6 year old, made 😄 

That's still a quite long time for the DR-Team to make a new game, but we all know the reason for this.
There is no DR3 coming.
The next game will be "WRC 23 The official Videogame", will be an unfinished yearly bugfest of a videogame, filled up with cosmetics nobody needs, just to have a reason to sell us a podium pass/battle pass/season pass of some sort.
I also predict very little or even no classic cars and a turn back on driving physics to "reach a broader audience, so everyone can enjoy the game".

Mark my words.

On 11/1/2022 at 3:55 PM, UnderclassGDfan said:

Wait...what!?
DR2.0 came out in february 2019, so the game turns 4 years in a little over 3 months from now.
Your son is now 4 1/2 years old.
You need to refresh your math before your son goes into school, or you will be embarrassed quickly by a 6 year old, made 😄 

That's still a quite long time for the DR-Team to make a new game, but we all know the reason for this.
There is no DR3 coming.
The next game will be "WRC 23 The official Videogame", will be an unfinished yearly bugfest of a videogame, filled up with cosmetics nobody needs, just to have a reason to sell us a podium pass/battle pass/season pass of some sort.
I also predict very little or even no classic cars and a turn back on driving physics to "reach a broader audience, so everyone can enjoy the game".

Mark my words.

Not agree 4 years old development for arcade game , maybe wrc 23 have 2 mode same than dirt 4 gamer mode or simulation mode 

About the development time, the dev team als made DLC for DR2.0 and last released in March 2020. Development of DR3 was already started, though the project was cancelled during the way. The Codies JWRC team was part of the DR3 project. Though multiple reasons with the switch to Unreal Engine (WRC), Covid and EA takeover has been the underlaying reason to cancel DR and fully focus on the new game. Maybe the positive thing is that the WRC will be released in 2023. We will see. I think they dont want to be in the same release timeline as F1 games, which is june.

• Agree 1