Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

KevM said:
The car even looks like it handles better now.  There was virtually no way before that you could have carried as much speed and 4 wheel slide through a corner.  This will be a re-learning curve for sure!
I have the same feeling, seems like you can control your car even more. Here's a picture to celebrate.

KevM said:
The car even looks like it handles better now.  There was virtually no way before that you could have carried as much speed and 4 wheel slide through a corner.  This will be a re-learning curve for sure!
When I carried a lot of speed into a corner, the car went up on two wheels... this made me not trust it.
KevM said:
When I carried a lot of speed into a corner, the car went up on two wheels... this made me not trust it.
Can that be possible (on gravel)? Physics issue?
OzoreXS said:
KevM said:
If the tires dig in to bigger ruts I guess, but any other way, probably not.

OzoreXS said:
KevM said:
Sure it's possible. Rally cars are more susceptible than most racing cars as well between a higher CoG, softer suspension and less downforce.
Compared to a circuit racer, a rally car is like a Land Rover.
That's the fine line between driving to the limits and exceeding them.
BrySkye said:
OzoreXS said:
KevM said:
Sure it's possible. Rally cars are more susceptible than most racing cars as well between a higher CoG, softer suspension and less downforce.
Compared to a circuit racer, a rally car is like a Land Rover.
That's the fine line between driving to the limits and exceeding them.
I can clearly see what you mean on tarmac... but its not so clear when we´re talking about gravel/mud. Reaching such level of grip on gravel I think its impossible... even in turns with bad camber.

Dont know... I´m not an expert and never driven a rally car.