Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

TPJP said:
SLRE will have a Proton Satria... Oh wow, I guess DR will need its own S2000 cars now. ;)

Yikes. Not at all a criticism of the game, but that looks like old plastic Blender 3D renders I made from the 90's (car lit for night, sky late afternoon, road neither). Codies have always executed their art side well...despite their name's emphasis on being coders. :)
Link to post
Share on other sites
Must admit that SLRE is looking like it will have an awesome car list. Still can't see the handling matching dirt though. Unless Loeb stormed in to milestone studios angry the day after the early access launch and started slapping people and showing them what they should have made
Link to post
Share on other sites
That's what he should have done, but what he really did was put his head in his hands, and cry.

Remember how he did the first rally this season and promised he'd come back again, never to return? That's because he saw that pic and realized his game looked more like Seb Loebs RC Evo

Link to post
Share on other sites
That's what he should have done, but what he really did was put his head in his hands, and cry.

Remember how he did the first rally this season and promised he'd come back again, never to return? That's because he saw that pic and realized his game looked more like Seb Loebs RC Evo

He's now chosen a sport in which he can just disappear into the desert and think about his life. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
TPJP said:
SLRE will have a Proton Satria... Oh wow, I guess DR will need its own S2000 cars now. ;)

Well, if they have used the proton to have an s2000 it means that codies might have the licenses of the better ones, i dont think that SLRE fisrt option was an ugly proton, maybe se have the skoda, the ford,the mini, maybe d3 fiat, the peugeots i think that SLRE will have it.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Did anyone anywhere (i may have missed it) mention "exclusive" on the licensing front?  Hopefully not, because it means the licenses are available if we're seeing them in games.
No mention of exclusives anywhere.
And you can be very damn sure Codies don't have any cars under exclusive license apart from possibly the FIA WRX content.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Also, some of these cars could possibly be under a older license from their WRC games, WRC3 for example had exactly this same Celica shown in the Trailer, same goes to the Satria Neo.
I recall Shift 2 Unleashed having some licenses for some tracks that still carried over from the GT Legends and GTR2 era (having Dijon, Enna and Zolder wasn't a coincidence at all :P ) maybe it's the same case with SLRE...

BTW, this makes me wonder, do launching the game under Early Access impacts either negatively or positively the licensing with some manufacturers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Also, some of these cars could possibly be under a older license from their WRC games, WRC3 for example had exactly this same Celica shown in the Trailer, same goes to the Satria Neo.
I recall Shift 2 Unleashed having some licenses for some tracks that still carried over from the GT Legends and GTR2 era (having Dijon, Enna and Zolder wasn't a coincidence at all :P ) maybe it's the same case with SLRE...

If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.

Also, a bit off-topic but I don't want to start a whole other thread just for this: does anyone know if the Kit-Cars run V2 physics? Which classes do and don't actually?
Link to post
Share on other sites
Also, some of these cars could possibly be under a older license from their WRC games, WRC3 for example had exactly this same Celica shown in the Trailer, same goes to the Satria Neo.
I recall Shift 2 Unleashed having some licenses for some tracks that still carried over from the GT Legends and GTR2 era (having Dijon, Enna and Zolder wasn't a coincidence at all :P ) maybe it's the same case with SLRE...

If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.

Also, a bit off-topic but I don't want to start a whole other thread just for this: does anyone know if the Kit-Cars run V2 physics? Which classes do and don't actually?
I don't think kit cars are running full v2, but they're on a better setup than v1. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
warpengage said:
If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.
It solely depends on how they go about getting the license. Some can for one game, some for few games or few years. The Porsche exclusivity that EA had is one of the best examples of a possible way of attaining a license (bad way, but still a way).
Link to post
Share on other sites
G37L057 said:
warpengage said:
If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.
It solely depends on how they go about getting the license. Some can for one game, some for few games or few years. The Porsche exclusivity that EA had is one of the best examples of a possible way of attaining a license (bad way, but still a way).
That's rather different since EA have a long-term exclusivity deal with Porsche. 
EA essentially manage the Porsche licensing for video games, which is why the likes of Microsoft/Turn 10 have to go to EA to feature Porsche.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Also, some of these cars could possibly be under a older license from their WRC games, WRC3 for example had exactly this same Celica shown in the Trailer, same goes to the Satria Neo.
I recall Shift 2 Unleashed having some licenses for some tracks that still carried over from the GT Legends and GTR2 era (having Dijon, Enna and Zolder wasn't a coincidence at all :P ) maybe it's the same case with SLRE...

If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.

Also, a bit off-topic but I don't want to start a whole other thread just for this: does anyone know if the Kit-Cars run V2 physics? Which classes do and don't actually?
60´s, 70´s, 80´s, G.B RWD, 2010, 2000´s, and Kit cars has V2.

V1 = Gr.A, Gr.B
Link to post
Share on other sites
OzoreXS said:

60´s, 70´s, 80´s, G.B RWD, 2010, 2000´s, and Kit cars has V2.

V1 = Gr.A, Gr.B
Not true..

60s, 70s, 80s RWD, 2000s and 2010s have v2

Gr.A and Gr.B 4WD have v1 but will be updated to v2 in Modern Masters

Kit Cars and Gr. B RWD have v1.5 and will get their update next as will the Pikes Cars. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
OzoreXS said:
Also, some of these cars could possibly be under a older license from their WRC games, WRC3 for example had exactly this same Celica shown in the Trailer, same goes to the Satria Neo.
I recall Shift 2 Unleashed having some licenses for some tracks that still carried over from the GT Legends and GTR2 era (having Dijon, Enna and Zolder wasn't a coincidence at all :P ) maybe it's the same case with SLRE...

If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.

Also, a bit off-topic but I don't want to start a whole other thread just for this: does anyone know if the Kit-Cars run V2 physics? Which classes do and don't actually?
60´s, 70´s, 80´s, G.B RWD, 2010, 2000´s, and Kit cars has V2.

V1 = Gr.A, Gr.B


G.B rwd and kit cars don't have V2 yet.

V1 = Gr.A, Gr.B, Gr.B rwd and kit cars.

The Gr.B rwd and kit cars have V1.5, not the full V2 yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BrySkye said:
G37L057 said:
warpengage said:
If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.
It solely depends on how they go about getting the license. Some can for one game, some for few games or few years. The Porsche exclusivity that EA had is one of the best examples of a possible way of attaining a license (bad way, but still a way).
That's rather different since EA have a long-term exclusivity deal with Porsche. 
EA essentially manage the Porsche licensing for video games, which is why the likes of Microsoft/Turn 10 have to go to EA to feature Porsche.
Yes, but point stays. The way license is acquired, used or anything regarding that license in fact is down to how they go about it.
Link to post
Share on other sites
G37L057 said:
BrySkye said:
G37L057 said:
warpengage said:
If I recall correctly, licenses have to be renewed for each title. I don't think there is such a thing as carry-over licenses. What may happen is licenses becoming easier to renew due to company-developer relations.
It solely depends on how they go about getting the license. Some can for one game, some for few games or few years. The Porsche exclusivity that EA had is one of the best examples of a possible way of attaining a license (bad way, but still a way).
That's rather different since EA have a long-term exclusivity deal with Porsche. 
EA essentially manage the Porsche licensing for video games, which is why the likes of Microsoft/Turn 10 have to go to EA to feature Porsche.
Yes, but point stays. The way license is acquired, used or anything regarding that license in fact is down to how they go about it.
Kind of, but the Porsche/EA example is a unique scenario. There's no other car licensing agreement even remotely like it.
Pretty much every other licensing deal is on a per-game basis. It's considerably more expensive for either exclusivity or a longer term deal which is an extra chunk out of budgets. For most devs/publishers, the revenue from one game is what provides the funds for licenses in the next game.
Link to post
Share on other sites
From Gomnes on Steam:

So, a small bird whispered in my ear, well actually a friend who works on the Mitsubishi R5 cars that said a bunch of Codemasters came to his workplace and started to analyse everything on one of their R5 cars. 


Interwesting, vewwwwy interwesting! 

I take it that your pal wouldn't just say stuff for the sake of getting us excited? ;] 
Link to post
Share on other sites
From Gomnes on Steam:

So, a small bird whispered in my ear, well actually a friend who works on the Mitsubishi R5 cars that said a bunch of Codemasters came to his workplace and started to analyse everything on one of their R5 cars. 


Interwesting, vewwwwy interwesting! 

I take it that your pal wouldn't just say stuff for the sake of getting us excited? ;] 
Oh, I don't know the guy at all, but it was a forum post that certainly seemed worthy of this thread.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...