Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

AphDburn said:
They better not be fucking trolling us again https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline
Haha, so in this case, i don't believe they are, and, here's Paul himself directly from last weeks Road Book.
As many of you will have already known this week didn’t go entirely to plan. We had originally planned to release the Modern Masters pack however we were unable to do so as we hadn’t received all the necessary permissions to feature one of the cars.
I figure with it being just around the corner I might as well explain a bit about what you can expect next week.
G37L057 said:
It's not about "before my time". Kadett was simply replaced by a Vectra or Astra, depends how you look at it, just as the Vectra was replaced by the Insignia. In other words, you do have a Kadett, it's nowadays known as Opel/Vauxhall Insignia.
The Vectra, that was preceded by the Cavalier, which became the Vectra & then Insignia (all had nothing to do with the Kadett). 

The Kadett preceded the Vauxhall Viva & Chevette, which were both replaced by the Vauxhall Astra, which was brought to the UK market in 1979.  As I was born in 1979, the Kadett also preceded me, hence it was "Before my Time".

For fear of this turning into another 'Which Impreza' hi-jack, we'll park this one up!! :)
KevM said:
G37L057 said:
It's not about "before my time". Kadett was simply replaced by a Vectra or Astra, depends how you look at it, just as the Vectra was replaced by the Insignia. In other words, you do have a Kadett, it's nowadays known as Opel/Vauxhall Insignia.
The Kadett preceded the Vauxhall Viva & Chevette, which were both replaced by the Vauxhall Astra, which was brought to the UK market in 1979.  As I was born in 1979, the Kadett also preceded me, hence it was "Before my Time".

For fear of this turning into another 'Which Impreza' hi-jack, we'll park this one up!! :)
You're looking at the UK, which is Vauxhall and runs on slightly different rules than Opel. What in UK was called already an Vauxhall Astra, was still known as Opel Kadett in rest of Europe. Kadett E was in production till 1991, which is even though I was born in 1992, I saw so many Kadett's it ain't even funny.
The cars in DiRT Rally are Opel's, not Vauxhall's, so let's keep that in mind when discussing cars, because Opel is not a 100% Vauxhall.

In short, this is the Kadett that I know, but those that live in the "Vauxhall" countries will already see it as an Astra ;)

The cars in DiRT Rally are Opel's, not Vauxhall's, so let's keep that in mind when discussing cars, because Opel is not a 100% Vauxhall.

In short, this is the Kadett that I know, but those that live in the "Vauxhall" countries will already see it as an Astra ;)

And be that was a Pontiac lemans here in the US (no respect to classic muscle car)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9zAEAeBO3w