Jump to content Jump to content

I think I've noticed a difference as well. Not sure though, might also have improved my driving and just be hitting them less.
BrySkye said:
Honestly, I'm not feeling any difference at Monte. Almost launched up one snow ramp at the start of the league.
Not saying any one is wrong, I'm just not sure. Hopefully can get a definitive answer soon.
The Snow in Monte has not changed in v1.0
KickUp said:
I think I've noticed a difference as well. Not sure though, might also have improved my driving and just be hitting them less.
BrySkye said:
Honestly, I'm not feeling any difference at Monte. Almost launched up one snow ramp at the start of the league.
Not saying any one is wrong, I'm just not sure. Hopefully can get a definitive answer soon.
It sure looks a whole lot different though.
And it sounds different, like in Sweden. Like proper... ehm.. can't find the word for "slask" in english at the moment.

edit: I really can't come up with a good english translation for the swedish "snöslask". Sloshy snow perhaps?
KickUp said:
BrySkye said:
It sure looks a whole lot different though.
ugaffel (VFX bro) said visually it would look better in 1.0
enamel said:
What do you guys think of the new Hyundai that has been  announced today?
https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/674537742966120448
I think they are going to have a hard time fitting three people in it.
Why do you think they are using the five door version...?
Wow, i thought you were joking, it really is the 5 door, was not expecting that!
Dytut said:
And it sounds different, like in Sweden. Like proper... ehm.. can't find the word for "slask" in english at the moment.

edit: I really can't come up with a good english translation for the swedish "snöslask". Sloshy snow perhaps?
That'd be "slush". Horrible stuff!
I have an old footage from Monte, gonna record the one from this and make a comparison. That should answer all questions.
I'm guessing you missed Paul's post on the last page?
I didn't. I just find there's definitely something different about it. A direct comparison will clear all the doubt though.
Maybe any graphical touches, but there is absolutely no doubt that the snow bank tech has not been implemented, thus the feel or the way the car reacts to the snow banks has not changed.
Unless you want to argue with the games chief designer. :P 
enamel said:
What do you guys think of the new Hyundai that has been  announced today?
https://twitter.com/OfficialWRC/status/674537742966120448
I think they are going to have a hard time fitting three people in it.
Why do you think they are using the five door version...?
Wow, i thought you were joking, it really is the 5 door, was not expecting that!

I interviewd Michael Nandan in Rally Portugal for a Portuguese website, and regarding that question, I was told at the time, that due to delay in the road-going 3-door variant of the I20, they couldn't homologate the 3-door WRC in time, because the manufacture would not have the required number to do so. According to him, the 2017 New regs WRC will be the 3-door. The R5 will be the 5-doors version, but so it's the Fabia and looks amazing :)
BrySkye said:
Maybe any graphical touches, but there is absolutely no doubt that the snow bank tech has not been implemented, thus the feel or the way the car reacts to the snow banks has not changed.
Unless you want to argue with the games chief designer. :P 
Yeah, after the Forum League event in Monte last night, I would say we get the odd wisp of snow over the bonnet/screen when touching snowbanks, like Sweden, where previously we might not have, but the banks seem as solid as ever (I nearly did the usual 'over and out' trick lol)
As Paul said, the banks haven't been changed but I updated the vfx for all types of snow so it looks better. It was a case of work done for the Swedish tracks improving the look of all snow in the game.

And yes, different car classes now have different exhaust flames :)

See my avatar for an example of snow in Col De Turini ;)
Was thinking about that last night, and it's really Group B RWD and Group A that feel like they are missing things, and in both cases its because of licensing.
Group A is obviously missing the Celica which would take it to 4 cars, though the Evo IV would also always be welcome.

Don't think Santa will help, but we can cross our fingers that the confirmation of a console release increases the chances for the game to get a bit more money thrown at it by corporate and could possibly fund a DLC pack that can get us those MIA Renaults, Celica, Quattro E2 and Peugeot 206.
In my wildest dreams, also the Corolla.
The Celica ST205, Corolla WRC, Quattro E2, Pug 206 and Evo IV would make the roster 100% complete in my eyes.
I have been thinking about all these licensing issues. Maybe one of the reasons certain manufacturers didn't want to have their car in the game because it was in early access? Maybe a toyota is one of those "super secret cars" thye have been working on. Maybe we can get those cars now that the game isn't in early access and is coming for consoles? It's a long shot, but I like to believe it.

I have been thinking about all these licensing issues. Maybe one of the reasons certain manufacturers didn't want to have their car in the game because it was in early access? Maybe a toyota is one of those "super secret cars" thye have been working on. Maybe we can get those cars now that the game isn't in early access and is coming for consoles? It's a long shot, but I like to believe it.

No, if what we were told on our visit to codies still applies, disregard Toyota completely
BrySkye said:
The Celica ST205, Corolla WRC, Quattro E2, Pug 206 and Evo VI would make the roster 100% complete in my eyes.
There. Looks a lot better :p 

Also, not saying they work differently, just that there is something different about them. Maybe only visually, maybe there's more snow particles coming from them. They do feel in collision the same, on that there's no doubt though.

urgaffel said:
As Paul said, the banks haven't been changed but I updated the vfx for all types of snow so it looks better. It was a case of work done for the Swedish tracks improving the look of all snow in the game. 

Those were my initial thoughts, that the snow improvement done for Sweden had  a small affect on the snow in Monte Carlo.

And loving the blue flame effect on the '01 Focus after exhausts pops a flame :D Looks amazing, much appreciate that :)
urgaffel said:

See my avatar for an example of snow in Col De Turini ;)
I knew it yesterday but decided that I have a placebo caused by changed graphic settings and will not post about it :D Great job, it feels alot better in Monte!