Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

789ifyz said:
Wow, that sounds pretty impressive, and a great way to ruin your eyesight too haha
@Rallycameraman, It is. the camera basically moves with your head. it can go up, down, left, right and tilt in whatever direction you move/tilt your head. the newest model also has built in speakers (though not 360 degrees yet) and LED lights all round the head. I think they bumped up the screen res too. can't confirm that, though.

here's a vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wjvbQ2uJDk

Was seen earlier in a Codemasters HQ photoshoot.

You forgot to mention that wearing it makes you really attractive to women and may give you neck muscles like an F1 race driver.

Seriously though, I reckon it would be great for snowboarding games.
Omg the possibilities of that concept is ridiculous. Bring on the rally games in 15 years time :)
Like I said, good bye real world!  I can imagine the news stories once this catches on, "young man in his NY apartment is found fused to his couch after playing virtual reality games for months." ... "His family was worried after several phone calls to his house..."  "Emergency crews where on the scene to surgically removing the so-called Oculus Rift from his eyes.. "  "Oculus Rift bought by Facebook in 2013, we tried to contact owner Mark Zuckerberg for a statement, wasn't available for comment, back to you Tom"  

I think I watch too much tv and news... oh well 

The Trackrod rally is this weekend, wonder if there's any chance of codies trekking up to Yorkshire with perez? Most likely it's just sound recording for the focus, which could definitely mean that it's in the game.

I'll keep an eye out of the window anyway for @justbiglee as I'm flying through the stages!

Edit: Just noticed that the description on one of the photos on facebook reads 'Working with Codemasters today in the Focus WRC for new Dirt 4 rally game'. Whoops!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=571112002995430&set=ms.c.eJwlx8kNACAMA7CNUFLSI~%3BsvhgD~%3BnE1yZFdR6pXvibDVg~%3B~%3BAfWrjAOY8CYo~-.bps.a.311891145584185&type=1&theater

The Trackrod rally is this weekend, wonder if there's any chance of codies trekking up to Yorkshire with perez? Most likely it's just sound recording for the focus, which could definitely mean that it's in the game.

I'll keep an eye out of the window anyway for @justbiglee as I'm flying through the stages!

Edit: Just noticed that the description on one of the photos on facebook reads 'Working with Codemasters today in the Focus WRC for new Dirt 4 rally game'. Whoops!

Oooops! :) 
That microphone attached to the back side window looks so strange! A bit like a hairy desk lamp...
Plenty of wires! Recording engine sound is a given, but I also wonder how much effort will go into recording environmental sounds - I think suspension noise and stones flicking off the bodywork would add to the immersion.
I am always trying to think positive, but I wonder if all these tweets and mysterious slips by teams having their cars recorded, along with the David Binks car sponsorship and him adding to the weekly blog is building up to something.  This is a little more concrete stuff than hype, right?  Go ahead deflate me...  :'(
@justbiglee Man, you're right about the upcoming games this year. But try to look to next year! As a gamer, there's a lot of games that I want to play and probably I won't have money for all... Of course If the next DiRT game is coming this or next year it's on the top of my list! But If you look for February there's maybe more games than November... And more will come!

About Alpha/Beta/Early access/Demos/Public Beta, etc... I have some words to the Dev's. Look to Destiny Alpha/Beta! They have improved a lot the game and they made some important tweaks (I know that you played both and I'm sure that you know what I'm talking about)! Maybe something like this is expensive, but at least If you could do something to your dedicated community, with a small beta by invitation or something like that where you know that this people will buy the game or will contribute with the success of the game... go ahead! I'm sure that these people will give their ideas/opinions or maybe on a public beta (where a lot of people can give their feedback) and with all these things (feedback/ideas/opinions) you can still improve your next game for release and after the release!

Edit: I know that is missing commas on my text, but I'm writing on my tablet and I don't have much time to correct that! Apologies! ;)
DiRTy devs have been rubbing it into our faces lately...

https://twitter.com/jontucker1/status/512955890040049665

https://twitter.com/jamielowesdev/status/515166420205047808

https://twitter.com/jamielowesdev/status/515168093342289920

https://twitter.com/ponchobillybob/status/513018796693782529
i'll pretend like nothing happened but it seems like a plum inside that!

i'll drink milk and take a nap even though i'm cringing inside to play that game!

Back from the stages (and unfortunately, ditches) of Rally Yorkshire, wasn't able to do any snooping unfortunately.

With F1 out in a couple of weeks hopefully chatter will start to turn to Dirt soon. I don't know whether a Dirt announcement would be made after old gen F1 release but before new gen release though? Which if it does, would most likely be around December, considering the big launches in November.