Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by CMPJTierney

So, a video on the OutsideXbox youtube channel (formerly inside xbox when it used to be on the old xbox 360 dashboard) showed Dirt as one of the 7 games that xbox will finally get in 2016. For some reason they suggested that it could be re-branded as dirt 4 for the consoles? I have no idea where they would have got that from, and it seams highly unlikely, especially as dirt rally already has official xbox one box art.

At least the game is getting some attention for its upcoming release.
Team VVV called it DiRT 4 as well when talking about the console release.  I mentioned it to them and it was quickly corrected.  Maybe there was an info packet put out from CM with the mistake, or it is being slipped out, and it's the official title? 
I personally can't see it happening. It would create a lot of confusion having it named differently on console and PC. I can't see the team wanting that to happen either, we discussed the name of the game a bit with the guys on our first visit, and they were all fairly set on it not being named dirt 4
I think OutsideXbox were just speculating or something about the name change. There's no doubt in my mind that DiRT Rally will still be called DiRT Rally on consoles.

They also kept referring to 2016 as 'next year', even though they posted the video a few days into 2016. Everyone makes mistakes, I guess.

Going a bit off topic, OX is a channel I'd recommend to any gamer, regardless of whether or not they own or even like xbox. Also, Mike is a genius robot with no emotion. How else would he think to do the GTA V near miss challenge on a super slow moped?
789ifyz said:

Going a bit off topic, OX is a channel I'd recommend to any gamer, regardless of whether or not they own or even like xbox. Also, Mike is a genius robot with no emotion. How else would he think to do the GTA V near miss challenge on a super slow moped?

Yeah I used to love the show when it was inside xbox, still watch it every now and then now that it's on youtube.
Pulse is aweful, dirt 4 would have been too familiar, it needed a different name to make people think, "oh its different" (to dirt 2/3). I think dirt delta would have been a good name, but then some manufacturers may have been a bit put off...