Jump to content Jump to content

Yes, the R4 cars, particularly the Lancer, have a bit more weight, which gives a little more useable grip. They aren't as sensitive to throttle input when cornering.  This makes them more planted, predictable and easier to learn in.  
That Road Book adds... not much, just news that a new PC build with fixes will be out at some point in the coming months. At least that means Dirt Rally will be supported for several months more, sort of!
I'm hoping whatever optimization/compromise they do to get a locked framerate on console can be an option on PC, so I don't have to turn the trees to ultra low every time I'm in Monte Carlo! 
You would think its imminent.  The League format is all up the left at the min.  Even if that was rolled back to as it was, with setups & repairs, I'm sure we could wait on the new option a little longer.  League activity is stalling as everyone waits... :)
JZStudios said:
sqdstr said:
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january-2016/mexico-longest-stage/page/3120--12-12-.html

maybe an idea for Dirt Rally 2 ? :smiley: 
It'd play like Greece, which is why I like Greece so much.
With a title like "Dirt" I would hope we would get some more DIRT than tarmac.  There, I said it (now ducking for cover)
Hey, that "Easier Said Than Done" in your sig, any good? worth it?
@F2CMaDMaXX absolutely!  Cannot recommend it enough.  I don't how Europeans relate to it, since it's mostly filmed at Rally America events here in the US.  (I think US rally fans appreciate what we have, more than Europe)

You have been transplanted here, so maybe you will see it differently.  

Really it it is about the struggles of rallying, no matter what level.  

I know quite a few of the people in it, and if you know where to look, I'm in it too :wink: 
gfRally said:
Hey, that "Easier Said Than Done" in your sig, any good? worth it?
@F2CMaDMaXX absolutely!  Cannot recommend it enough.  I don't how Europeans relate to it, since it's mostly filmed at Rally America events here in the US.  (I think US rally fans appreciate what we have, more than Europe)

You have been transplanted here, so maybe you will see it differently.  

Really it it is about the struggles of rallying, no matter what level.  

I know quite a few of the people in it, and if you know where to look, I'm in it too :wink: 
It's really good! Nice direction and images!
gfRally said:
(I think US rally fans appreciate what we have, more than Europe)
I'd say the economical situation in European countries makes it a lot harder to appreciate what we have here, since we often don't have time and resources to be able to appreciate it.
Sorry that was a bit of a ignorant remark on my part. I guess I'm just a little jealous.  

BUT because of the challenge of such a small market over here, it's a rather close community.  
Yeah, you can rent on a couple of services, but honestly, it's then a toss up as to whether i'll watch again and keep forever by paying a little more.

Also, unrelated, but when i'm watching videos of classic rally cars and i see a Toyota blasting round, i can't help wondering if they're still running the trick restrictors in the turbo :D
KevM said:
Yes, the R4 cars, particularly the Lancer, have a bit more weight, which gives a little more useable grip. They aren't as sensitive to throttle input when cornering.  This makes them more planted, predictable and easier to learn in.  

also in real life, no more sedan  in the wrc class :(

and toyota is ready for 2017 comeback with a toyota aygo!!!!!!!!

what's next?     smart wrc????    :'(