Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

@kickup May I Ask about Team Branding?
  1. Are we abel to put car logo (or symbol) on car? (if its Ford, Ford logo on hood, roof. door.. etc)
  2. About livery pattern, are they some of those form that can almost replicate some real livery of  real world special car? with right pattern and colour plate..
  3. About Team Management, are this time, the Engineers level up overal with time and past milage? if someone has overal 65, after 1000milage he will have 67 or so?

@kickup May I Ask about Team Branding?
  1. Are we abel to put car logo (or symbol) on car? (if its Ford, Ford logo on hood, roof. door.. etc)
  2. About livery pattern, are they some of those form that can almost replicate some real livery of  real world special car? with right pattern and colour plate..
  3. About Team Management, are this time, the Engineers level up overal with time and past milage? if someone has overal 65, after 1000milage he will have 67 or so?
1. No it will be sponsors only. Manufacturers only want their logos where they put them. 

2. Some will come close but none are designed as direct replicas as they need to work across multiple cars. 

3. Engineers have emerging traits that reveal themselves over time. These can be positive or negative. 

BadD0g said:
The fact that there's still no Korean character filter on this forum is just baffling to me. We ONLY get Korean spam here, on a fairly regular basis, but still no filter?
Actually we also get chinese spam, just not as often :D *play's "the more you know" melody in the bacground *

Didzis said:
BadD0g said:
The fact that there's still no Korean character filter on this forum is just baffling to me. We ONLY get Korean spam here, on a fairly regular basis, but still no filter?
Actually we also get chinese spam, just not as often :D *play's "the more you know" melody in the bacground *

tbtstt said:
Damn spammers are persistent, I'll give them that!
Is there a way for us to "James Veitch" them?
I'm a member at a Dutch Xbox forum and there was a spam thread about football shirts. When some members reacted for fun the bot reacted back! But that wasn't everything yet. Somehow another spam bot responded in the thread with a 2 page long conversation between two spam bots as a result!  :D Never seen something like that before haha.

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
Damn spammers are persistent, I'll give them that!
Is there a way for us to "James Veitch" them?
Heehee, that'd be fun... but I don't think they'd respond. even if anyone here spoke Korean.

I'm just glad you fellas clean it up before I wake up so I don't have to deal with it. >:)
I have to thank you guys for mentioning James Veitch, I never heard of the guy.  I just spent the last 15mins LMAO.  

I actually did something like that once.  A local multi-franchise car Dealership emailed me I won 2 tickets to the upcoming Neil Diamond concert (they where legit, but I didn't want them) so I played a similar game for about a week, until the finally the OWNER replied that he was sorry for the email.  

I did end up thinking "he's going to have to get back on quickly before he gets a penalty reset".
80% Terminal Damage, unrecoverable...
As crap as it is turning out to be in other ways, WRC 6 is a bit more lenient with Penalty Resets.  I like that...  Often, you have to admit defeat and call for a reset manually, but most of the time, you are allowed to struggle back to the stage to continue. 

KevM said:
I did end up thinking "he's going to have to get back on quickly before he gets a penalty reset".
As crap as it is turning out to be in other ways, WRC 6 is a bit more lenient with Penalty Resets.  I like that...  Often, you have to admit defeat and call for a reset manually, but most of the time, you are allowed to struggle back to the stage to continue. 

How are you finding it? I feel like I want to play something else just to mix it up a bit before D4 comes out

KevM said:

How are you finding it? I feel like I want to play something else just to mix it up a bit before D4 comes out
Its a vast improvement over the last one, some aspects are infuriating though.  

I spent around 2 hours trying to figure out what each of the wheel settings meant in the real world.  
Started then with the Junior WRC fwd cars and the 'feel' wasnt actually too bad.  Then WRC2, ok too, but then had a quick go with the Polo WRC on the Panzerplatte stage and soon switched it off in bad temper!  The turning circle was worse than the Titanic and the handbrake didn't really work at all at low speeds.  When it did work, you had no chance of catching/countering it.

What does work though, is the need to think waaay ahead for braking points and line.  The overall sensation of speed is lower, but the car requires a lot of (quite basic) adjustment to keep on your line.  Still puts a smile on your face when you get going well though!

Some of the stages are quite nice too and enjoying the variety of the locations.

Overall, Id say if none of us had ever played D:R before, its a good game, but its a game that feels slightly hurried and one made by non-rally people?  It lacks the passionate attention to the finer details that tend to matter to us that have experienced Dirt Rally.

PS.  I love the background noise of the service park.  Hearing a turbo-charged rally car struggling to tick over is a beautiful thing...

OFF TOPIC: An original RS200 Evo - and arguably the best prepared street RS200 - is now up for sale: 

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/ford/rs200/1986-ford-rs200-evo-in-united-kingdom/246144/ad

This is absolute automotive perfection...

tbtstt said:
OFF TOPIC: An original RS200 Evo - and arguably the best prepared street RS200 - is now up for sale: 

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/ford/rs200/1986-ford-rs200-evo-in-united-kingdom/246144/ad

Its so pretty *___*

I have to ask though and forgive my ignorance if this is correct but it lists it as Front Wheel Drive, was this true for the street versions?

tbtstt said:

Its so pretty *___*

I have to ask though and forgive my ignorance if this is correct but it lists it as Front Wheel Drive, was this true for the street versions?
That description is incorrect @SirPhilMcKraken: all variants were 4WD. The little red lever you can see in the last photo is what controls the power split (50/50, 37/63 or full rear wheel drive). 

In a lot of the road cars the linkage for this was either locked or completely removed: apparently a fully RWD RS200 was a bit of a handful! 

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Its so pretty *___*

That description is incorrect @SirPhilMcKraken: all variants were 4WD. The little red lever you can see in the last photo is what controls the power split (50/50, 37/66 or full rear wheel drive). 

In a lot of the road cars the linkage for this was either locked or completely removed: apparently a fully RWD RS200 was a bit of a handful! 
Thats what I thought, glad I wasn't being stupid lol. The red lever power split I didn't know about though, sounds like great fun!

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Its so pretty *___*

That description is incorrect @SirPhilMcKraken: all variants were 4WD. The little red lever you can see in the last photo is what controls the power split (50/50, 37/66 or full rear wheel drive). 

Thats what I thought, glad I wasn't being stupid lol. The red lever power split I didn't know about though, sounds like great fun!
Ford thought that being RWD might be advantageous is some situations, so the option was included on the RS200. All the Group B cars had some clever thinking behind them, but there was a lot of very smart engineering with the RS200. 

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Its so pretty *___*

Ford thought that being RWD might be advantageous is some situations, so the option was included on the RS200. All the Group B cars had some clever thinking behind them, but there was a lot of very smart engineering with the RS200. 
Shame it got no proper chance to really get out there though :(

tbtstt said:
Given Meeke's input into DiRT 4, can you confirm if Your Stage will artificially generate spectator car parks for us to drive through if we go off-piste @KickUp? 
I would like a brand new mode inspired by gymkhana but only played in a car park. It has to be a lot of fun, if you don't own one of the parked cars!

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Its so pretty *___*

Shame it got no proper chance to really get out there though :(
Based on how well the RS200 (eventually) performed as a rallycross car, one wonders how good it might have been as a rally car if it had a year or two more of development. 

tbtstt said:

All this does is make me all excited for driving rallycross in group b cars in dirt 4, damn thas going to be fun

human1101 said:
tbtstt said:

All this does is make me all excited for driving rallycross in group b cars in dirt 4, damn thas going to be fun
Ditto! 

tbtstt said:

I see your RS200 and raise you Metro 6R4! What a time to be alive and have no money. 

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mg/other-models/metro-6r4-group-b-tarmac-spec/6892971?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Used+Cars&utm_medium=Paid

Teuchter said:
tbtstt said:

I see your RS200 and raise you Metro 6R4! What a time to be alive and have no money. 

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/mg/other-models/metro-6r4-group-b-tarmac-spec/6892971?utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=Used+Cars&utm_medium=Paid
That 6R4 is stunning... but nothing can sway me from the RS200! 

Message that I had put ,
A need that will become reality? :)

If yes, I buy directly the games !!!

The developers can answer me, please??  to reassure me ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I hope that in dirt 4 we will be able to maintain the seen tv especially that helicopter please!
To see not only the beautiful graphics that the develloper do but also our race seen from above.
Thank you for not forgetting that. This is important please!

Maintain the TV view of each of the viewing angles as in the WRC2001 game on PS2.In the WRC2001 game there is the button holding the view.

see game link

http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/WRC-World_Rally_Championship.jpg&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rally_Championship_(2001_video_game)&h=362&w=256&tbnid=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:&vet=1&docid=B7FPFUm8hd-FxM&ei=K2dXWNi5EcqtaZGZp-AN&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=552&page=1&start=18&ndsp=18&ved=0ahUKEwiY-_DPuv_QAhXKVhoKHZHMCdwQMwg9KBkwGQ&bih=608&biw=1366

I play Rally games for years and when I see the rally with the choice to maintain the views, it is very apreciable.

The XBOX is a super powerful machine with beautiful graphics compared to the PS2 console and I would not understand why one can not make the choice to maintain the TV view as on the PS2 console as on the game WRC2001
I speak of game WRC2001 because it is only in this one that we can maintain the TV view and change the other views, my favorite being the helicopter view with zoom or not (beautifull)

see video to the minute 2:20 clic image

So when I try rally games and there is no helicopter view and besides that we can not maintain the view of the camera on all the angles of view then I am disappointed.

There is another seen missing also in dirt rally, the sight of pursuit.
Not the one that sticks the car but the one that follows the road while following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car.

see video to the minute 3:51 (poursuit)

In the game Dirt Rally on XBOX, the slowdowns of the camera TV are predefined, one is obliged to follow the change of camera corresponding to each parcel of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the TV view that one wants.

Can you add this improvement which is for me and for others very important to maintain the view of the TV camera and to take example on WRC2001 of the PS2 or one can maintain with the button the TV view ?

The most important sight for me is the sight helicopter. The landscapes of the Dirt Rally games are beautiful, it would be a shame not to enjoy more 

Having the choice to keep the TV view must be in all rally games.

Hello,

I hope that in dirt 4 we will be able to maintain the seen tv especially that helicopter please!
To see not only the beautiful graphics that the develloper do but also our race seen from above.

Maintain the TV view of each of the viewing angles as in the WRC2001 game on PS2.In the WRC2001 game there is the button holding the view.

see game link

http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/WRC-World_Rally_Championship.jpg&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rally_Championship_(2001_video_game)&h=362&w=256&tbnid=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:&vet=1&docid=B7FPFUm8hd-FxM&ei=K2dXWNi5EcqtaZGZp-AN&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=552&page=1&start=18&ndsp=18&ved=0ahUKEwiY-_DPuv_QAhXKVhoKHZHMCdwQMwg9KBkwGQ&bih=608&biw=1366

I play Rally games for years and when I see the rally with the choice to maintain the views, it is very apreciable.

The XBOX is a super powerful machine with beautiful graphics compared to the PS2 console and I would not understand why one can not make the choice to maintain the TV view as on the PS2 console as on the game WRC2001
I speak of game WRC2001 because it is only in this one that we can maintain the TV view and change the other views, my favorite being the helicopter view with zoom or not (beautifull)

So when I try rally games and there is no helicopter view and besides that we can not maintain the view of the camera on all the angles of view then I am disappointed.

Not the one that sticks the car but the one that follows the road while following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car.

In the game Dirt Rally on XBOX, the slowdowns of the camera TV are predefined, one is obliged to follow the change of camera corresponding to each parcel of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the TV view that one wants.

Can you add this improvement which is for me and for others very important to maintain the view of the TV camera and to take example on WRC2001 of the PS2 or one can maintain with the button the TV view ?

The most important sight for me is the sight helicopter. The landscapes of the Dirt Rally games are beautiful, it would be a shame not to enjoy more 

ipascal said:

Message that I had put ,
A need that will become reality? :)

If yes, I buy directly the games !!!

The developers can answer me, please??  to reassure me ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

see game link

You can watch a whole Stage from helicopter if you want. You can also watch it from TV style or onboards too.  

It's perfect !! Thank you for the changes to keep the view tv, it is really essential for rally games, it allows to see its race from an overall view, its driving and the beautiful scenery of the devellopeur.
Will there also be a tracking pursuit like WRC2001. I speak of it in what I have set forth above?
(
Not the one that sticks the car but the one that follows the road while following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car.) This view is also really interesting.

Thanks for the answers :).

KevM said:

In fact, don't bother...  unless you are very bored and the game is free

It will annoy you for many reasons.  A. The physics don't work & B. Codemasters deserve more of these awesome locations 

WRC 6 has some really nice stages & some they just get completely wrong.  I wish I could drive the nicer ones with Codemaster physics

:/ 

@KickUp, will the automatic transmission penalty be removed? Meaning currently with dirt rally, you have to come to a complete stop to get reverse. Also meaning no epic j turns when things go awol. Not every has the dexterity to play with full manual transmission due to ligiment damage. 

Speaking of auto transmissions, those who have ligiment damage sometimes play on semi manual. But at times the game double shifts if you wait .1 seconds too long passed where the game thinks the car should shift at. Meaning you could go from 3rd to 5th and then loose your power band. 

How about dynamic time? I've seen where dynamic weather won't be included (which baffles me, same as no mixed surface racing) 

Next, will the crew be able to suggest a set up for the car? Makes sense that after a long term relationship, the co driver and crew gets a sense for how the driver drives and where the car needs to be. 

The last and main question I have is, will the upgrade system be scrapped in dirt 4? Currently in dirt rally you have to drive the car x amount distance to get a turbo upgrade or weight reduction. which is absolutely ludicrous. No rally team that's worth their salt would enter a 250hp car that weights 2500lbs in a rally class that allows for 300hp and 2000lb cars. 

Please at least acknowledge my questions here with at least a "can't say right now" as I've asked these questions 4 times or so, with no acknowledgement. Yes I know you have a lot going on here, and there's a lot of content in this thread. 

Thank you for your time.

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:

Its so pretty *___*

That description is incorrect @SirPhilMcKraken: all variants were 4WD. The little red lever you can see in the last photo is what controls the power split (50/50, 37/63 or full rear wheel drive). 

For the longest time I thought this car was called the RS two thousand. Confused a lot of people... then I'd just stop talking.

ipascal said:
It's perfect !! Thank you for the changes to keep the view tv, it is really essential for rally games, it allows to see its race from an overall view, its driving and the beautiful scenery of the devellopeur.
Will there also be a tracking pursuit like WRC2001. I speak of it in what I have set forth above?
(There is another seen missing also in dirt rally, the sight of pursuit.
Not the one that sticks the car but the one that follows the road while following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car.) This view is also really interesting.

Thanks for the answers :).

No problem. I don't think we can do the other camera that you speak of but we'll consider it in future improvements to our camera systems. 

Didzis said:
Will we be able to race different car classes in multiplayer in DiRT4? Like, if I'm racing someone, who's not as fast, it's sometimes fun to even the playing field a bit by taking a slower car (i.e Stratos vs. Delta Integrale)
Hey @KickUp what about this? And also, there were a few special events in DiRT Rally, where you could only choose cars from a certain brand (the one I remember was all Lancias), will something similar be possible in DiRT4?

KevM said:
KevM said:

In fact, don't bother...  unless you are very bored and the game is free

It will annoy you for many reasons.  A. The physics don't work & B. Codemasters deserve more of these awesome locations 

WRC 6 has some really nice stages & some they just get completely wrong.  I wish I could drive the nicer ones with Codemaster physics

:/ 
Hmm ok, will probably give it a miss then. I actually enjoyed WRC4 a few years back but this was when I was only starting to get back into racing games in general. I wanted something different to Dirt 2 and 3, it was a decent game but I dont remember the physics being that great

• The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was featured and unpinned
  • The topic was unpinned