Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney

justbiglee said:
gfRally said:
@ThierryNeuville‌ yeah yeah yeah 'these are not the droids you are looking for..."  
Trying to throw us off like @justbiglee‌ 

We all know you and Codie's are all tight now, Mr N. D. A.   :o      (Extreeme sarcasm)

Lol, really I'm just jealous, all in good fun.
Speaking of which... I'm gonna see if I can swing a play date for us at the end of the month (27th- 31st). Not promising anything just yet because I have to run it passed the people in charge but would/could any of you make it over? I can't pay travel or anything like that but will buy you an average lunch from the Codies canteen and let you play some games and meet the team :P

Lunch is worth the trip ;-) :p I wont mind to come over again ;-) But u guys already know that
gfRally said:
@ThierryNeuville‌ yeah yeah yeah 'these are not the droids you are looking for..."  

We all know you and Codie's are all tight now, Mr N. D. A.   :o      (Extreeme sarcasm)

Speaking of which... I'm gonna see if I can swing a play date for us at the end of the month (27th- 31st). Not promising anything just yet because I have to run it passed the people in charge but would/could any of you make it over? I can't pay travel or anything like that but will buy you an average lunch from the Codies canteen and let you play some games and meet the team :P
Do you have a menu for the canteen? What's the tea situation?
gfRally said:

:O :O :O 
Not sure if I'm invited, but I could take the Friday off on October 31st and fly very early in the morning to Birmingham. 
I'd be up for it if a DiRTi community playtest is on the cards :D 
gfRally said:

Not sure if I'm invited, but I could take the Friday off on October 31st and fly very early in the morning to Birmingham. 
Mate you can't do that it would cost crazy $$$ - As much as I know you guys would love nothing more than to come see what the hell it is we've been doing I'd feel under too much pressure if it got to the point where you were spending that much money and time coming in.
gfRally said:

Mate you can't do that it would cost crazy $$$ - As much as I know you guys would love nothing more than to come see what the hell it is we've been doing I'd feel under too much pressure if it got to the point where you were spending that much money and time coming in.
It wouldn't cost a crazy amount, but I see your point... :( I'd love to try out what you've been working and maybe experience Oculus Rift. 
I wish I lived closer to the Codies HQ... 
Hopefully, the test day comes together for some peeps from the forum. I wonder if @justbiglee 's talking openly about some tests means Codies are getting ready to show something? And @KickUp on a business trip in Brazil?

Today Assetto Corsa announced that they're almost ready to release a V1.0 candidate version, following months of Early Access on Steam. It seems that devs from Kunos are very pleased with how selling the game early on allowed them to get more licences and create more features. I wonder if such business models are being considered at Codemasters? 
I'm just wondering this out load as I'm just eager for a special rally game :)
gfRally said:

@justbiglee‌ if I'm allowed along too, then I'd love to come. I can make myself available on any of those days providing I know the week before in advance :) 
@justbiglee‌ you know I would be there if I could swim that far (swimming is cheaper then flying from USA).  Maybe I could buy a rift kit and someone could put a gopro on their head and let me kind of join in :) hmmm how would I control where they look??  Every turn is a dead end with me!   :'(

oh well, maybe those that can make it will post and gloat.. 
I'd be up fro this. Go backwards and forwards past Brum for installations so not out of my way.

Am a bit of a weirdo though as far as this forum is concerned. Am not a mad motorsport fan* but I love playing racing games and despite thinking about wheels am still 100% a controller man. 

Dirt 3 was the game that got me back into gaming after a long absence. So has a special place in my heart.

*Did own an Audi S3 for a few years though !
@justbiglee‌ I'd be happy to make the trip over from Norway if I am invited? I have hard discs with loads of reference photos (split the flight cost?) from especially Norwegian rallying (loads of snow), and of course from Rally Sweden which you already have seen and published on your the Codies blog.
Anyone else thinking we might see some more info once F1 has been released this week?
Another one hoping here :)

It makes perfect sense to me that once F1 2014 is released, few weeks pass and then Codies will need to have a game on the horizon. Realistically F1 2015 won't be released until April 2015 (even if Codies get car models early). So what is supposed to happen between October 2014 and April-May 2015?
DiRTy release shall happen! :D (I hope...)

I think the above window is wide enough and Codies surely want into the rather quickly growing current-gen market (XBOne and PS4). So hopefully when F1 2014 release dust blows over we'll hear some news... :dizzy_face: 
not that these are really similar, but Forza is including some off road races (calling them rally I think).  Would this push Codie's to start releasing info?  I'm not taking about the DiRT team, @justbiglee‌ 
 and @KickUp‌ talked about this lately, I mean marketing/management or whomever makes those decisions?

really for all we know the game might be done, and the so called leaks we are seeing are the DLC they are working on (unlikely but an interesting thought)
Right then guys lets make a date for this thing.

Just to lay stuff out for you:
  • This is a thankyou to you guys for sticking with us for so long, an early look at a work in progress game well before the press get a look at it.
  • You will be under an NDA (which means you can't talk about anything you see/do with anybody) and you'll need to be OK with signing a legal document saying you won't.
  • I can't cover the cost of you getting here or any other expenses (sorry).
  • I (...well "Codemasters") will buy you all lunch and provide snacks and stuff over the course of the day.
  • You guys can meet the team and get @kickUp's autograph
  • We'll play the game, chill out, have a chat.
  • I'll find something for a competition

Then as an optional extra if you guys want we can go out to that place that does the awesome burgers in Leamington for some food and a beer, but bring your wallets because I love you guys... just not overdraft love you :P 

Like I'd said previously too, if you're considering hopping on a plane or driving 600 miles to get here I would feel bad that you had to go to such a great length but at the same time you guys are more than welcome

So how is Tuesday the 28th October for everyone?

If you can't make that date but do 100% want to come sometime between the 27th and 31st then let me know which date suits you best and if it suits the group I'll look at moving the date.

OK over to you.

EDIT: It'll be at the Codies mothership in Warwickshire [map link]

Coming so far:
tsbtt
Rallycameraman