Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney

 

Recommended Posts

@Azoresst‌ 
Interesting interesting - game tests and video chats? Paul at a Game Expo in Brazil? Maybe something is about to happen...

https://twitter.com/jamielowesdev/status/522866344501317632


What if DiRT4 announcement trailer was a in-game remake of the Climb Dance? :O 

It should be possible on a new-gen engine to recreate everything including the dust clouds. I mean, if the last-gen engine was capable of this:


https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/DiRT%203%20screens/insane%20particles%20remake%20v2/2014-09-24_00001.jpg?_subject_uid=239696150&w=AACTE_gFRCh-O-btlij7kDNtZIGq4mrs9WWVVwpric6Bsw

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/DiRT%203%20screens/insane%20particles%20remake%20v2/2014-09-24_00003.jpg?_subject_uid=239696150&w=AACOab4UGnd5meb7upDIpKRruPoBzP0TSdJP3s209yLR5g

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/DiRT%203%20screens/insane%20particles%20remake%20v2/2014-10-07_00001.jpg?_subject_uid=239696150&w=AAC911CO0wKqpZCxoDHxtDfnZwdl4PO4i4zGhBYaxUaZeg

Then There's no reason why current-gen should be unable to push much further, though maybe not this early in the console lifecycle.



Link to post
Share on other sites
The night before last, I had a dream. Not all of it is relevant to DiRT, but there was one part where I got an XBox One Game case containing a CD for the Demo of FFXV, and on the left side where the manual usually is, there was a copy of Colin McRae Rally... Wonder what it could mean.
Link to post
Share on other sites
789ifyz said:
The night before last, I had a dream. Not all of it is relevant to DiRT, but there was one part where I got an XBox One Game case containing a CD for the Demo of FFXV, and on the left side where the manual usually is, there was a copy of Colin McRae Rally... Wonder what it could mean.
I think it means you need to get out more! :smile: 
Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
I hope Codie's allows all of you to give the underprivileged some kind of hints or tidbits to us after you have played it.  This is really killing me that I live in the USA and travel to UK is out of the question right now.  
It happened with the DiRT 3 sneak peak only people from the UK or otherwho were able to afford to fly from another country attended while the rest of the Codemasters community missed out :(
Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
I hope Codie's allows all of you to give the underprivileged some kind of hints or tidbits to us after you have played it.  This is really killing me that I live in the USA and travel to UK is out of the question right now.  
It happened with the DiRT 3 sneak peak only people from the UK or otherwho were able to afford to fly from another country attended while the rest of the Codemasters community missed out :(
gfRally said:
I hope Codie's allows all of you to give the underprivileged some kind of hints or tidbits to us after you have played it.  This is really killing me that I live in the USA and travel to UK is out of the question right now.  
That's the price you pay for having better weather than us all year round.  :D
Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
I hope Codie's allows all of you to give the underprivileged some kind of hints or tidbits to us after you have played it.  This is really killing me that I live in the USA and travel to UK is out of the question right now.  
It happened with the DiRT 3 sneak peak only people from the UK or otherwho were able to afford to fly from another country attended while the rest of the Codemasters community missed out :(
gfRally said:
I hope Codie's allows all of you to give the underprivileged some kind of hints or tidbits to us after you have played it.  This is really killing me that I live in the USA and travel to UK is out of the question right now.  
That's the price you pay for having better weather than us all year round.  :D
Thats debatable, I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, I think we could match your bad weather and raise you one! lol  

I know, I'll stop whining about my geographical location ;) 


@justbiglee‌   Codies!  Brainstorm!  How about an Early Access DiRT4 ??  What an ammmaaaazing idea!  We would PAY YOU to allow us to test the game for you.   Quick tell marketing.   Dangle dollar bills in front of them.  Let them know the people are beating at the gates willing to PAY YOU to play.  After all, isn't that what runs a business??  MONEY??  

Well, we can dream...
Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
I hope Codie's allows all of you to give the underprivileged some kind of hints or tidbits to us after you have played it.  This is really killing me that I live in the USA and travel to UK is out of the question right now.  
It happened with the DiRT 3 sneak peak only people from the UK or otherwho were able to afford to fly from another country attended while the rest of the Codemasters community missed out :(
gfRally said:
I hope Codie's allows all of you to give the underprivileged some kind of hints or tidbits to us after you have played it.  This is really killing me that I live in the USA and travel to UK is out of the question right now.  
That's the price you pay for having better weather than us all year round.  :D
Thats debatable, I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, I think we could match your bad weather and raise you one! lol  

I know, I'll stop whining about my geographical location ;) 


@justbiglee‌   Codies!  Brainstorm!  How about an Early Access DiRT4 ??  What an ammmaaaazing idea!  We would PAY YOU to allow us to test the game for you.   Quick tell marketing.   Dangle dollar bills in front of them.  Let them know the people are beating at the gates willing to PAY YOU to play.  After all, isn't that what runs a business??  MONEY??  

Well, we can dream...
Would love to be a game tester for them but you have to move there to do the work.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Here is some true gossip to ponder for DiRT 

https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Project-CARS-release-date-pushed-back-to-March-2015

I mentioned this before, and I'm sure those that make it to the Codie's invite will confirm it amongst themselves, but I have a suspicion that DiRT4 is mostly done, and they are working on DLC stuff for it (DLCs take a lot of time too!).  I have a feeling that it's in marketings hands.  My suspicions are confirmed more with this open invitation to come and check out a certain game.  Why such a big invite if there isn't  isn't something to really show?  
Link to post
Share on other sites
gfRally said:
Here is some true gossip to ponder for DiRT 

https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Project-CARS-release-date-pushed-back-to-March-2015

I mentioned this before, and I'm sure those that make it to the Codie's invite will confirm it amongst themselves, but I have a suspicion that DiRT4 is mostly done, and they are working on DLC stuff for it (DLCs take a lot of time too!).  I have a feeling that it's in marketings hands.  My suspicions are confirmed more with this open invitation to come and check out a certain game.  Why such a big invite if there isn't  isn't something to really show?  
We've already had hints that the release "landscape" ? for want of a better word is something that is taken into account when releasing games. For F1 I think there is little choice but for Dirt more flexibility.

Thing is, what does the putback for PCars mean for Dirt 4 ? First half 2015 I think was looking like a good time to release a racing game. Racers pockets would be full again after shelling out for DC/FH2 and they would be looking for new entertainment. AFAIK there were no big racing releases (apart from maybe F12015) scheduled for the first half of 2015. Now all of a sudden PCars has been put back to March. *******!

I'm hacked off both that PCars is not releasing and that it might have consequences for dirt.
Link to post
Share on other sites
The recent increase in number and quality of DiRTy hinting is making me feel optimistic :) 

Especially the tweet about the game being signed off... Then again I have no clue what that means. I suspect that a core team has been working on the next DiRT game for some time (2 years?) so this approval did not just mean that 'yeah, see where you get to'. Could it have defined a release date? :O 

It was also interesting to see @justbiglee ask around on Twitter about Early Access schemes. I really hope he gathered some useful feedback and will have good ammunition to take to the higher ups :) I've only to bought into one scheme and I've been really happy with it. As a rather involved fan I'd love to help out early on, see regular progress, benefit through incentives (discounts, extras) and get the feeling that I'm playing a small part in shaping up my favourite game. One guy on Twitter wrote to Lee that in case of a racing game there is not that much that can be spoiled through good communication and early access. Racing games develop over time, modelling cars and tracks takes ages and narrative is not the most important aspect of the game. Why not share it earlier and see the reactions? Why not supplement project financing with fresh income?
Hopefully something comes out of it...

The Project CARS news are really rather interesting. It just shows that some companies or games just completely take over game sales when they come out. No one wants to release anywhere near GTA, Call of Duty or Far Cry 4, but they still because of holidays. In my earlier guessing I thought February/March 2015 was a good window for DiRT to come out. Should Codies stay away from Project CARS? Hmmm...That game seemed to have received lots of publicity through E3 this year. People are looking forward to it. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
Link to post
Share on other sites
Right so I've got 
@tsbtt
@Rallycameraman
and @RallyDriven down for next Monday, anybody else?

@Justbiglee if its possible to combine it in week 46? ( 10-13 November) then i rather take that one in combine with the WRC rally of Wales.

If its not possible then i am going to try to arrange everything for next tuesday ( 28).
Let me know ;-)
Link to post
Share on other sites
I should also add that should I win the £143 million in tonight's euromillions then I'll give some to codemasters to get the game out in 2014 ;)
If I win £143 million tonight I regret to inform you that I'll be too busy driving my new collection of rally cars around to worry about when the next DiRT game is getting released...
Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
I should also add that should I win the £143 million in tonight's euromillions then I'll give some to codemasters to get the game out in 2014 ;)
If I win £143 million tonight I regret to inform you that I'll be too busy driving my new collection of rally cars around to worry about when the next DiRT game is getting released...
So this will be you coming out of the dealership lol :)


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...