Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

...Also it would be maybe nice to have the same tracks but in different seasons/surfaces, etc. Wales in the snow, Finland in the summer, Greece totally wet and muddy, etc.  
That would be really fun, I'd happily pay for that if it were DLC. Although, remember how mad people got when they found out Finland was in autumn? I don't think their hearts could handle Wales in the snow!
Link to post
Share on other sites
All I hope for with what ever comes next is hoping they have enough cashflow to go after some licensing and or deals like they did with WRX.  Baja/Dakar/Mint 400/Prerunners all would be a nice expansion or DiRT4 like game.  I would like to see some trucks with the new physics and new graphics bits.   And just do it right, like DR, all the base is there, just branch out.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a quick update in and amongst the gossip, as I've seen it's been mentioned here. ;) dirtgame.com is down until around 1pm GMT today, for updates to the DR and RaceNet websites. The changes we're pushing live include various bugfixes, updating the supported peripherals list, and adding lengths to stage names (i.e. long or short - this was quite a popular request from you guys). If anything changes, I'll keep you posted - but just in case you were wondering!

Am I correct to assume these are website related bugfixes, not game related?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a quick update in and amongst the gossip, as I've seen it's been mentioned here. ;) dirtgame.com is down until around 1pm GMT today, for updates to the DR and RaceNet websites. The changes we're pushing live include various bugfixes, updating the supported peripherals list, and adding lengths to stage names (i.e. long or short - this was quite a popular request from you guys). If anything changes, I'll keep you posted - but just in case you were wondering!

Am I correct to assume these are website related bugfixes, not game related?

Well, her response does say "For updates to the DR and RaceNet websites"

Cool changes, though. \o/
Link to post
Share on other sites
You know whats funny about that? The track in that video is simply converted from RBR over to assetto corsa, and the textures etc are just as good as they were in RBR. AC obviously has better lightning system to bring it bit more alive, but at its core that is just a RBR track converted to AC.
Link to post
Share on other sites
gheeD said:
You know whats funny about that? The track in that video is simply converted from RBR over to assetto corsa, and the textures etc are just as good as they were in RBR. AC obviously has better lightning system to bring it bit more alive, but at its core that is just a RBR track converted to AC.
yes thought it looked familiar :D                                                        
Link to post
Share on other sites
But you have to admit, that's pretty awesome.  
Yeah, it's a direct RBR convert, but there is very little wrong with its presentation in AC, & to think that next gen rally games can improve on that, is a pretty exciting thought!

Picture those kind of stages, that kind of presentation, with DiRT pacenotes and DiRT refined handling with an updated tyre & damage model along with existing soft edging tech rolled out and applied to snow/mud/grass/roadside bushes etc & would you have the perfect rally sim?  Pretty damn close.  

PS4/XB1 wouldn't cope with that kinda load though

Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah that känniränni stage is pretty good. I have it installed both on RBR and AC on my computer just to compare between the conversions, but there isnt much difference in the track itself on AC vs RBR. Its more to do with the fact of the car physics, ac is not quite suited for gravel rallying, but these experiments are nice to see and try out.

On tarmac i think the rally cars behave alright (DS3, VW Polo and Fiesta from RallyLegends mod team) but gravel something feels bit off on that stage känniränni. I recommend trying the stage with some rwd car like BMW M3 E30 which is closer to the F-Cup cars that have rallied that stage IRL. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91wHS6u88o )

Link to post
Share on other sites
gheeD said:
Yeah that känniränni stage is pretty good. I have it installed both on RBR and AC on my computer just to compare between the conversions, but there isnt much difference in the track itself on AC vs RBR. Its more to do with the fact of the car physics, ac is not quite suited for gravel rallying, but these experiments are nice to see and try out.

On tarmac i think the rally cars behave alright (DS3, VW Polo and Fiesta from RallyLegends mod team) but gravel something feels bit off on that stage känniränni. I recommend trying the stage with some rwd car like BMW M3 E30 which is closer to the F-Cup cars that have rallied that stage IRL. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91wHS6u88o )

How do they compare visually @gheeD ?  I tried RBR again recently but couldn't get my head around the graphics and audio at all
Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
gheeD said:
Yeah that känniränni stage is pretty good. I have it installed both on RBR and AC on my computer just to compare between the conversions, but there isnt much difference in the track itself on AC vs RBR. Its more to do with the fact of the car physics, ac is not quite suited for gravel rallying, but these experiments are nice to see and try out.

On tarmac i think the rally cars behave alright (DS3, VW Polo and Fiesta from RallyLegends mod team) but gravel something feels bit off on that stage känniränni. I recommend trying the stage with some rwd car like BMW M3 E30 which is closer to the F-Cup cars that have rallied that stage IRL. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A91wHS6u88o )

How do they compare visually @gheeD ?  I tried RBR again recently but couldn't get my head around the graphics and audio at all

Mostly same assets. Lighting and shadows are batter which makes it feel visually much better.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...