Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Just a small message regarding the WD-40 Fiesta livery...

Don't buy The Sun!

Makes me a bit sick that they're being represented in what is gonna be one of my all-time favourite games. Scummy, rag of a news paper. I hope they make no money whatsoever off the back of people playing D4.

Image result for dont buy the sun

Aye, first one to mod out the logo and licence plate from that skin wins massive internet kudos here. Especially for a game released a day after they help skew my country's election result.
Couldn't agree more. A newspaper full of cover-up campaigns and outrageous slander. A truly disgusting cult. 

Change both the number plate, as well as The Scum's logo on the roof, bumper and anywhere else. 

Aye, first one to mod out the logo and licence plate from that skin wins massive internet kudos here. Especially for a game released a day after they help skew my country's election result.

If it works the same way it did in DR I will probably do it what would be your preference keep it blank or replace it with something? 

Lynx2000 said:

If it works the same way it did in DR I will probably do it what would be your preference keep it blank or replace it with something? 
I'd love to see the livery turned into an anti-Sun car. That would be fantastic! 

Lynx2000 said:

I'd love to see the livery turned into an anti-Sun car. That would be fantastic! 

Was thinking of turning it into the scums

zissakos1 said:
sorry guys....  whaaaat??
maybe someone can briefly explain in 1-2 sentences?
It's hard to briefly explain without missing out all of the significant atrocities that this newspaper has committed. 

Generally, the most to-the-point things I can say are that the paper is a consistent and abhorrent source of lies, they will throw innocent people under the bus so long as they can make money from those lies, they protect the wealthy, they're cover-up artists, and they have no soul or heart when it comes to anything, and have 0 credibility. They will perform character assassinations on people, often times when that person doesn't deserve it, and will make people's lives a misery without any feeling of regret. 

It's sickening that I live in a country that circulates the bile they throw around. Worse yet, people believe what they write. 

The WD-40 livery is getting wiped off the game as soon as I get my hands on it. The Sun truly is a fucking vile disgrace. 

zissakos1 said:
sorry guys....  whaaaat??
maybe someone can briefly explain in 1-2 sentences?
It's hard to briefly explain without missing out all of the significant atrocities that this newspaper has committed. 

Generally, the most to-the-point things I can say are that the paper is a consistent and abhorrent source of lies, they will throw innocent people under the bus so long as they can make money from those lies, they protect the wealthy, they're cover-up artists, and they have no soul or heart when it comes to anything, and have 0 credibility. They will perform character assassinations on people, often times when that person doesn't deserve it, and will make people's lives a misery without any feeling of regret. 

It's sickening that I live in a country that circulates the bile they throw around. Worse yet, people believe what they write. 

The WD-40 livery is getting wiped off the game as soon as I get my hands on it. The Sun truly is a **** vile disgrace. 
Bro... I thought the exact same thing when I saw that livery. Sucks as it's a great livery otherwise. 
As soon as we know how to mod these files I'll get onto it.

P308R said:
Do we really need politics being dragged into a thread once more. So god damn tiring!
We could always go back to helicopters and water on bumper cameras because that was just riveting stuff. 

I know what I'd rather be duscussing... 

At least helicopters and bumper cams are more relevant than talking about how terrible the sun is. And how awful that one replica livery on one car is sponsored by them. 

Granted I don't know the full context of what they did. I just think that you guys are taking it a bit overboard.

P308R said:
Do we really need politics being dragged into a thread once more. So god damn tiring!
What's more dirty and gossipy than politics? Seems remarkably on topic to me.
I for one, not being of European sort support the downfall of any media in general really. They all suck.

I read this in another topic:

dumbotos said:
Not sure if im too late on this but they do have this line inside the hardware_setting_config.xml that is located in the "Document/My Games/Dirt 4/hardwaresettings" folder:

<oculus enabled="true" headMovement="true" chromatic="true" timeWarp="true" vignette="true" overdrive="true" convergence="1.0" verticalOrientation="0.66" orientationLock="false" />

Also it triggers Oculus Home when I turn the game on but it plays the intro but with a black screen but with sound and then closes the game. I guess it's not there yet but as they said it will come.

Edit: Have to turn off Oculus VR Runtime Service to play it normally on screen.
The config file could be just some leftovers form DiRT Rally, but the game actually triggering Oculus Home seems like there is something more going on. @KickUp will the triggering Oculus Home be fixed in the day one patch (or Oculus support added haha)?
Sounds like a DR legacy thing

I really envy you all. Picking up the game tomorrow but won't be able to play it until Sunday at the earliest. I've been on a media blackout for the most part of the last couple of weeks as well. Although following @xtinamcgrath and @KickUp on twitter has made it quite challenging at times ;)

Can't wait to get my sht sorted at my new place and go in fresh!

Ok for everyone moaning about the game being "dumbed down" or "too easy", I plucked up the courage to do a run-

1. Wales
2. Full Length
3. Full Complexity
4. Audi Quattro Gp B
5. DashCam
6. Heavy Rain
7. Night
8. Sim Handling
9. Assists All Off
10. Toughest A.I.

Easy! ;)

I drove DiRT Rally from day one on console with Assists Off, was never this challenging.

https://youtu.be/ImW80-L3YHA

Less than 3 hours till midnight and the big global launch! I wonder if the Codies team will be snug in their beds when the clock ticks over?

Or maybe they will let down their hair a little and have the morning off... :D I think they may have earned it :p

Ok for everyone moaning about the game being "dumbed down" or "too easy", I plucked up the courage to do a run-

1. Wales
2. Full Length
3. Full Complexity
4. Audi Quattro Gp B
5. DashCam
6. Heavy Rain
7. Night
8. Sim Handling
9. Assists All Off
10. Toughest A.I.
11. Without Smashing Headlights

It'll probably change your mind.

I drove DiRT Rally from day one on console with Assists Off, was never this challenging.

https://youtu.be/ImW80-L3YHA

"Say 'easy' again, I dare you, I double-dare you motherf****r, say 'easy' one more goddamn time!"

Aand, that video is the proof that everyone is good at "being Fearless" while not on *That Car*

Rygar86 said:
Less than 3 hours till midnight and the big global launch! I wonder if the Codies team will be snug in their beds when the clock ticks over?

Or maybe they will let down their hair down a little and have the morning off... :D I think they may have earned it :p

Not like the above yet. We're saving ourselves for the launch party ;)

I just wanted to take this moment to thank everyone of you here for the countless hours of reading pleasure and making me check this thread multiple times a day. This is probably my most viewed website in the last couple of years. After over 6 years (for some of us) of gossiping about what 'DiRT 4' would be like, now finally the moment is there for all of us. And we will of course continue gossiping about what dlc there will be, and what amazing stuff DiRT 5 will bring.

I want to thank @justbiglee for being awesome all those years and properly trolling and teasing us, and dropping DiRT Rally out of nowhere. And keeping us up to date in the dark times when the forum migration happened, and there was no forum for a couple of months (or weeks/days, felt like months).
Also a huge thanks to @KickUp , @ChristinaMc, @Hatward, @CMMcBabe, @urgaffel, @soundfx and the rest of the team for answering all of the questions we've been having regarding DiRT 4 and most of all for listening to our feedback and bringing us the best rally experiences around.

It's time to BE FEARLESS now, see ya around and on and off road in DiRT 4

I just wanted to take this moment to thank everyone of you here for the countless hours of reading pleasure and making me check this thread multiple times a day. This is probably my most viewed website in the last couple of years. After over 6 years (for some of us) of gossiping about what 'DiRT 4' would be like, now finally the moment is there for all of us. And we will of course continue gossiping about what dlc there will be, and what amazing stuff DiRT 5 will bring.

I want to thank @justbiglee for being awesome all those years and properly trolling and teasing us, and dropping DiRT Rally out of nowhere. And keeping us up to date in the dark times when the forum migration happened, and there was no forum for a couple of months (or weeks/days, felt like months).
Also a huge thanks to @KickUp , @ChristinaMc, @Hatward, @CMMcBabe, @urgaffel, @soundfx and the rest of the team for answering all of the questions we've been having regarding DiRT 4 and most of all for listening to our feedback and bringing us the best rally experiences around.

Thanks for the kind words! Have fun!

Lynx2000 said:

Thanks, would love JFT96 if possible.

GLHF ;)

It's been so hard to not spill too many beans and tease just the right amount. I look forward to seeing how long it'll take you all to find the easter eggs :)

It's time to connect the wheel, make sure everything's setup with the sit. And get on the ride!

Thank you @KickUp @urgaffel @CMMcBabe @ChristinaMc @soundfx and everyone else to a single person at Codemasters for what you're doing for the rally and gaming community.

Thank you for your honesty, openness, sleepless nights and anything else that may come to your mind. 

I think I can sign this thank you post as a whole community, not only me. 

I'm sure you did a great job. 

P.S.  I think I've never waited for a release as much as today. That speaks for itself. 

• The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was featured and unpinned
  • The topic was unpinned