Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by CMPJTierney

ARCNoOne said:
No gymkana (how ever it's spelled) that's takes no skills what's so ever.
I found the gymkhana speed runs to be the most technical part of Dirt 3.
Compared to the skills required for those, the rally portions of the game felt too easy.

The speed runs through battersea were actually really good fun. Would've been nice to do one that took a couple of minutes to complete, that would've been a real challenge. 
tbtstt said:
Right so I've got 
@tsbtt
@Rallycameraman
and @RallyDriven down for next Monday, anybody else?
That's disappointing. @tsbtt got an invite, but not me.  ;)

@tbtstt I didn't get an invite at all :/
Well guess I will try 2 weeks later to combine it with the WRC of Wales,
if I am still welcome,... what I doubt ... @justbiglee ;-)
Don't start that you were all invited! 

(also I'll get back to your email in a few hours)
@justbiglee , guess its a long email, because it takes a little bit longer then a "few" hours  :p 
Anyway u don't have to put the effort in it anymore, its getting to late to get everything arranged in time, beside that i have some other issues to deal with ,... something with a damaged/crashed/rebuilding rallycar >.> xD
I just thought of something that could be good: End of stage interviews! It would be a good addition, just as in the F1 games. Reporters ask you questions, and you have five or six different answers to choose from, which then could affect rivalry with other competitiors, team changes etc.
Benniz said:
I just thought of something that could be good: End of stage interviews! It would be a good addition, just as in the F1 games. Reporters ask you questions, and you have five or six different answers to choose from, which then could affect rivalry with other competitiors, team changes etc.
Rally and F1 are on two different planets when it comes to the people involved.  I do like both, but rally does't have rivalries like F1.   Fierce competition,  yes, but not the same way as F1.
Or a two player mode where the second player is the co-driver, reading out the pace notes out whilst the driver drives. But without feeling the car going through the corners, it'd be hard to work out where you were without looking at the driver's view!
Or use the xbox kinect or ps camera and use our head in place of the drivers head.
Or a two player mode where the second player is the co-driver, reading out the pace notes out whilst the driver drives. But without feeling the car going through the corners, it'd be hard to work out where you were without looking at the driver's view!
Or use the xbox kinect or ps camera and use our head in place of the drivers head.
Or you could use the Wii U game pad to show the notes and keep the whole TV for the cockpit

Now if only anyone had bought a Wii U...
gfRally said:
Benniz said:
Rally and F1 are on two different planets when it comes to the people involved.  I do like both, but rally does't have rivalries like F1.   Fierce competition,  yes, but not the same way as F1.
Maybe not in the same way as in F1, but if you check out the WRC from the 90's and early 2000's, everything wasn't as clean and boring as now :)
I know graphics are not everything, but the biggest stoker for me would be knowing if the next Dirt is using the new EGO engine version we have yet to see anything of.  Graphics aside, maybe the new engine allows for much more advanced physics....something any Dirt fan would be thrilled to know I'm sure. A simple yay or nay would do for now.
Looks like they could be at the stage for implementing pace notes into the next game?

Free copy of the game says you can't work out what the stage is (must show your working and not just blind guess)

EDIT: The FIRST EVER copy...
Am I included it that, or is that an unfair?
ahhh that would be a little unfair on the others
Not exactly Gossip, but just wanted to drop this here, as a Subie owner (multiple cars) I love this series, do other manufactures cover stuff like this?  I know its pure propaganda (lol) but I drank the koolaid and asked for more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNIFJusP2EQ&list=UUw0N2zPZlYsrUcVIJkI6mBA

To put it back on subject, I thought I saw something a while back that the 2015 STI was due in the next game.
gfRally said:
whoa, glancing at this stuff on my phone, and while trying to work, I think this is NEW?  I don't remember foliage like this.  Not CMRALLY?  don't see damage to the car.

unless this his is pointing to what car to expect 
Looks like DiRT to me, and it didn't really hit anything, so not much damage to be dealt ;)