Jump to content Jump to content

They recorded the Manta engine recently, so they're just 'completing' the set with the Ascona :)

I'll take all they can give, but if they didn't make any changes to the next game engine, i'd be surprised, i bet they're on all new tools now for the next project.
bogani said:
On a more serious note, what makes me skeptical about VR in DR is the limited wheel animation that will kill the immersion instantly. The cockpits are also quite bland graphically.
I hope this will be fixed in the VR update, easy fix might be to hide the hands so no animation is needed for those, and just sync the wheel rotation.
I played Project CARS yesterday with my rift, and being able to see some arms and hands doing the same thing as I'm doing does help a lot with the immersion, so I do hope codies have been able to get full steering animation into the game.
bogani said:
On a more serious note, what makes me skeptical about VR in DR is the limited wheel animation that will kill the immersion instantly. The cockpits are also quite bland graphically.
I hope this will be fixed in the VR update, easy fix might be to hide the hands so no animation is needed for those, and just sync the wheel rotation.
I played Project CARS yesterday with my rift, and being able to see some arms and hands doing the same thing as I'm doing does help a lot with the immersion, so I do hope codies have been able to get full steering animation into the game.
Yeah, my arms never line up with the in games. Especially for that weird period where neither hands on the wheel but it still turns. He's either using the force or.... Ahem.
bogani said:

@KickUp. mentioned in a twitchbshow long while back, that the game just can't support it.  

With the lack of many character animation in the game outside of a few cameramen and crowd movements.  I think there was a lack of time to record them or game optimization reasons.  

I have been asking for this now for years. besides now the steering I wish they where able to go back to CMR 3 character animations it would rally add to the atmosphere.  Even DiRT2 had some variety when you got close to the crowds.  

I do understand there are always compromises and limitations, but it will continue to be on my wish list.  

A little off subject,  they have almost nailed every check on my sound list before DR was announced, again "the sound of Gravel" is absolutely complete.
 gfRally said:
@KickUp. mentioned in a twitchbshow long while back, that the game just can't support it.  

With the lack of many character animation in the game outside of a few cameramen and crowd movements.  I think there was a lack of time to record them or game optimization reasons.  

I have been asking for this now for years. besides now the steering I wish they where able to go back to CMR 3 character animations it would rally add to the atmosphere.  Even DiRT2 had some variety when you got close to the crowds.  

I do understand there are always compromises and limitations, but it will continue to be on my wish list.  
Too bad about the steering, but it will be a blast nonetheless. Hopefully they will take this to the next game, and will be able to implement it in the new engine.
JZStudios said:
I don't even know what a Skoda is.               
They're cars with very limited success in world rallying, whose name bear a remarkable resemblance to Sweden's word for "behold".
Fun fact: the word "škoda" literally means "damage" in Czech ;) It can also mean "too bad", as in "oh well, too bad that didn't work".

And yes, given the reliability of the cars, especially in the past, it's been a constant source of amusement and jokes amongst the Czech.

(The company is actually named after Emil Škoda, the owner of the large industrial company that bought the original Laurin & Klement car company in 1924, though, so just a coincidence.)

And as for Skoda's in Dirt Rally, I'd very much like to see the local rally legend Skoda 130RS featured. When driving the Alpine in DR, I always think it would feel somewhat similar, as it's the closest car to it in many aspects. John Haugland was the most famous international driver:

https://vimeo.com/107618598

But I guess it's even less likely than having some kind of Fabia or Octavia featured.
Dytut said:
I just just realized that for the next game we'll hopefully have the 2017 WRC spec cars... *droooools*
For once I'm glad Toyota won't be in the game then... rally Yaris... oh come the f...

Honestly, I don't care how bonkers it may look and/or sound, it's still a Yaris :D
@RyuMakkuro do you live in America?  cuz that sounds awfully familiar to the attitude most have here.  In the UK these small cars seem to be the norm, so I understand, but here with the wide open roads, it's a little different