Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Running an experiment in my xbox leage this weekend, 80s rwd vs Kit cars in Wales, 6 stages. What do people reckon will be fastest?

Ive previously ran 4wd open championships and rwd open championships which were quite interesting. there were a few group b's in the 4wd top 10, but I don't think there were any in the rwd challenge
Running an experiment in my xbox leage this weekend, 80s rwd vs Kit cars in Wales, 6 stages. What do people reckon will be fastest?
The kitcars for sure, provided the drivers know what they're doing. The kitcars can match 2000's cars on some stages.
I have the biggest Xbox league with about 1600 people, so there are some pretty good drivers there. I'm not sure what to have a go in yet, I'll try and do it this weekend
A BMW is currently leading by 1.5 seconds. I'm going to attempt to snatch victory in the Peugeot! (This is a highly unlikely outcome)

edit: was 15 seconds down, brought it back to 2 seconds on stage 3, then crashed on 4 and lost it again. A big push on stage 6 lead to a big smile on my face followed by a big Peugeot shaped dent in a tree. Oh well, wasn't too bad for my first play in 3 weeks!
Just for conversation I thought I would throw this out, Since Kris Meeke destroyed Finland this weekend, and Is having his best season.  Would it be right for Codies to consider "Kris Meeke: DiRT Rally 2" for thir next Rally Game?  Sure there are other Legends of rally out there, but id think McRae would approve approve of him.
gfRally said:
Just for conversation I thought I would throw this out, Since Kris Meeke destroyed Finland this weekend, and Is having his best season.  Would it be right for Codies to consider "Kris Meeke: DiRT Rally 2" for thir next Rally Game?  Sure there are other Legends of rally out there, but id think McRae would approve approve of him.
Don't see the point of putting rally drivers' names ahead of game titles, myself.
gfRally said:
Don't see the point of putting rally drivers' names ahead of game titles, myself.
Feed the Ego, starve the soul.
gfRally said:
He was McRae's protege, so arguably the most deserving driver to step into his shoes!
gfRally said:
Didn't you know that a drivers names in front of the game title always guarantees a quality product? Like Sebastien Loeb Rally. :wink:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
Didn't you know that a drivers names in front of the game title always guarantees a quality product? Like Sebastien Loeb Rally. :wink:

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
Now that's funny! 
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

It could be named from the OTHER Sebastian, but after each stage they would have to have a lot of whining, to make it correct :pensive:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
He was McRae's protege, so arguably the most deserving driver to step into his shoes!
Surely being trained by Colin, then stumping up the cash and sponsorship deal that saved DIrt2 and made DiRT3 even possible would make someone even more deserving? 

As for Kris Meeke - DiRT Rally 2. No. You need a name for your game, you find a name. Kris Meeke is not a big enough name. Colin McRae Rally worked because we all wanted to be Colin.

Angry, Ginger, Irish Guy DiRT Rally 2 isn't as appealing.

"Kris Meeke - DiRT Rally 2. Feel the excitement, feel the adrenaline rush as you shout at your co pilot for incorrect pace note delivery. Now with 4 added commands. "Quicker", "Faster", "Come onnnn" and "Bleepin Useless" for that authentic irate Irishman feel.

Mind you, there isn't much going for the rest of them either.

"Seb Ogier - Rally. Be hated by everyone else at the track. Insist that the best doesn't always win, unless you win, in which case, the best always wins. Lead the season without winning anything after the 2nd race of the season (Who said DiRT Rally wasn't realistic?). Decide on which kind of answer you would like to use with our 4 new response buttons, Sarcastic, Condescending, Arrogant and Gloating. You'll never know what he might say though because, as he reminded us while we were writing this down. You're not really Ogier, only he knows what he'll say and you're nowhere near as good as him, and never will be. Even if you are."

"Jarri Matti Latvala - Dirt Rally 2. Feel the excitememnt build as you try to work out whether our new "Jarri Matti's Schoolboy Error" system, or our new "Jarri Matti's VW Polo Breakdown Package" will bring you race weekend to a sudden and messy halt.

"Big Name In Another Sport - Dirt Rally 2. Feel the inevitable ego crush as you try to save your dwindling Motorsport career. Start the season with a bang as you and your expensive/handpicked team attempt to crack the WRC. Feel the highs and the lows (OK, the lows and the lower lows) as you and your team fail to finish a single race in a season. Fire your team, hire a new one, fail and fire them all and start again, before finally accepting the inevitable and returning to your own motorsport."

Or my final one

"I used to be good at this - DiRT Rally 2. Feel the excitement as, in a blaze of glory, you a former WRC World Champion returns to the sport he dominated. Feel the disapointment as you realise that without a full works team, built entirely around you and your needs, you can't win. Good news for those who like to memorise the stages, there's only one country and one car.