Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

I'm really curious about what's coming from top on us.

Every post in FB fanpage's mainly commented with players practically begging for DLC. It seems to soon to start poke us with secret gossip that's not yet be relieved yet. 

I'm beginning to think that DLC or new content  are still a possibility. 
versedi said:
@ChristinaMc has posted the following in the latest (05/08/16) road book thread: 
JZStudios said:
I'm kind of disappointed it's just another update of "Hey were doing things we can't tell you about." sigh. 
Full disclosure, it might be more like this for a little while... It's very, very hard trying to write a Road Book when you can't write about the best bits! 
"a long while" makes me think it's a new title rather than DLC? The new road book also alludes to a road trip at the end of the month (I think it's hinting at rallycross, but I could be reading it wrong). Research trip for a new title?
tbtstt said:
versedi said:
@ChristinaMc has posted the following in the latest (05/08/16) road book thread: 
JZStudios said:
I'm kind of disappointed it's just another update of "Hey were doing things we can't tell you about." sigh. 
Full disclosure, it might be more like this for a little while... It's very, very hard trying to write a Road Book when you can't write about the best bits! 
"a long while" makes me think it's a new title rather than DLC? The new road book also alludes to a road trip at the end of the month (I think it's hinting at rallycross, but I could be reading it wrong). Research trip for a new title?
I could understand her words wrong cause english isn't my native language but I've felt like it's a little while in a matter that it's not so distance future from today. You've made me sad when I've realized that :(
versedi said:
tbtstt said:
versedi said:
JZStudios said:
I could understand her words wrong cause english isn't my native language but I've felt like it's a little while in a matter that it's not so distance future from today. You've made me sad when I've realized that :(
Sorry, didn't mean to make you sad! I might be reading it wrong, so don't give up hope! :smiley:
I really doubt it's dlc. I just can't see it being a good business decision now the game has been out so long, and unfortunately a lot of people will have left it, and only the hardcore players are still playing, therefore not a lot of money in dlc purchases. For example, my Xbox one league has 1600 people in it, but only about 50 people take part each week. A new game is almost definitite 
Yeah, unless it is a weird car manufacturer DLC NDA where they don't want anything revealed yet, it makes no sense to not start talking about DLC plans and getting some hype built back up, especially since people have moved on due to the small amount of content. Even the Destiny DLC brought back players to check out whats new.
I still predict a December timeframe announcement, or after the first of the year.  

EDIT:  I mean next game, not DLC

Unless this is ran like Assetto Corsa with on going development and DLC released over a long period of time, none of this is going to happen this late (but i keep thinking like a PC iwner, you console guys just got it recently)

BTW:  i am all for an Assetto Corsa game model, with a ling and ongoing development.  With the amount of car licenses they have now, it seems they are making a good bit off the game to afford these.  So the business model seems to work.  Unless they are 'connected' Italians :) and know how to motivate people :)
gfRally said:
I still predict a December timeframe announcement, or after the first of the year.  

Unless this is ran like Assetto Corsa with on going development and DLC released over a long period of time, none of this is going to happen this late (but i keep thinking like a PC iwner, you console guys just got it recently)

BTW:  i am all for an Assetto Corsa game model, with a ling and ongoing development.  With the amount of car licenses they have now, it seems they are making a good bit off the game to afford these.  So the business model seems to work.  Unless they are 'connected' Italians :) and know how to motivate people :)
If that were to happen I think it would be a new title anyways. DR is too primitive in the tech department. But I would love if they develope the next game in the same kinda model as AC with a long support cycle, adding cars/location in a steady stream to keep the game relevant.

An Assetto Corsa business model thing, with new dlcs once in awhile, and with ongoing development / tweaking, adding new features to the game, was always what i wanted for DR sequel. An huge Rally / Off-Road Platform, with many disciplines. To be done right, they need a Game Engine that can support "next-gen" features, like dynamic tracks / terrain deformation, dynamic weather, day / night cycle, tyre degradation, etc, and Ego doesn't seem to be able to do that, unless they do a massive upgrade to it.

Ohh... and they need a proper anti-cheat. This should be one of the top priorities for them.

bogani said:
DR is too primitive in the tech department.
We say that, but then one look at AC reminds me of how unprimitive it is compared to what they are using there xD
AC is also made by like 13 sweaty Italians apparently on the side of a race track. But I'm still not letting that be a valid excuse. Who makes a game engine in 2014 with 1 light source?
Paul said quite some time ago that he saw some early code that blew away what was in DR already, that right there confirms the obvious, that a new game is coming, i don't think anyone thought otherwise.

I think that they're fairly limited in what they can add to the game for a reasonable cost, therefore a reasonable price for DLC, i don't believe we'll see anything on that front, it would most likely need to have been thought about during the original development.

I don't think "after-thought" DLC would work financially in a game like this, where the assets are cars and tracks only, and the licenses for those are not cheap.

JZStudios said:
bogani said:
We say that, but then one look at AC reminds me of how unprimitive it is compared to what they are using there xD
AC is also made by like 13 sweaty Italians apparently on the side of a race track. But I'm still not letting that be a valid excuse. Who makes a game engine in 2014 with 1 light source?
too many people get hung up on tech this tech that must have this.no.it only needs to be simple and work !

even if Dirt rally is light years ahead which is better on tarmac ? if you play both you already know that as much as i hate to say it Assetto Corsa is. so those sweaty Italians got it right.

Project cars springs to mind.they had it handling brilliantly at the start . then they went for ultra realistic this that and what happened ? the game turned into a driving mess.they wouldn't admit it went with we got this and that when the truth was it was utter garbage.

simple is best.

Gotta agree with RallyDriven, I enjoy gravel model in DR. Tarmac, well... not so much, on the other hand I don't like driving on tarmac at all (i.e. other racing games). It's kinda boring now :P
I'm totally fine with DR graphics and physics, and I would like to see any DLC for it. Or I'll just wait till DR2/next project from DiRT Team.
dgeesi0 said:

JZStudios said:
bogani said:
too many people get hung up on tech this tech that must have this.no.it only needs to be simple and work !

even if Dirt rally is light years ahead which is better on tarmac ? if you play both you already know that as much as i hate to say it Assetto Corsa is. so those sweaty Italians got it right.

Project cars springs to mind.they had it handling brilliantly at the start . then they went for ultra realistic this that and what happened ? the game turned into a driving mess.they wouldn't admit it went with we got this and that when the truth was it was utter garbage.

simple is best.
That's the driving model, not the game engine, entirely different department. There's been a few Dev's that have made their own engine and with less people and it's far more impressive than Kunos. The physics guys do their thing, the graphical/code guys do theirs. And Kunos already had an engine from their previous games, so why don't they ever update the engine? It's always a logical step forwards.
Project Cars went through a lot of BS, but it's using the isimotor physics engine, so the graphical department has nothing to do with it. I still don't even think PCars is that visually impressive. I still prefer Forza, which is also way more optimized.
gravel in dirt rally is amazing if im honest its why i play it. forza so easy i wont play it. pcars is just broken.assetto is great on tarmac.

what the next dirt rally needs is the accuracy of assetto on tarmac and its own for gravel.which is the best i ever played in any game.

theres no need to going into this that we just want something that drives well feels right.tarmac is a weak point for dirt rally.

Christina said:

" We can't tell you what we're working on because of NDAs, and because there's also a plan for telling you guys what we're working on taking shape! It's absolutely not the case that we don't want to... But our hands are tied. For now. "

What NDA's might be? You guys think they might got hold of some license?
dgeesi0 said:
gravel in dirt rally is amazing if im honest its why i play it. forza so easy i wont play it. pcars is just broken.assetto is great on tarmac.

what the next dirt rally needs is the accuracy of assetto on tarmac and its own for gravel.which is the best i ever played in any game.

theres no need to going into this that we just want something that drives well feels right.tarmac is a weak point for dirt rally.
You're still talking about the physics model, not the game engine. Which is still two very different things. There's a physics department, there's an art department, and there's that third department we don't really talk about because they sit at their desks wearing luchadore masks and complaining about how the three steps to their office make them lose weight. They do geeky coding things. Like make a better engine.
By the way, that's true, my friend works at a microchip design... place called Texas Instruments, and there's also some angry Russian guy that drags a 150 foot extension cord through the parking lot to plug in his electric car.