Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip


MastaVonBlasta
 Share

Go to solution Solved by PJTierney,
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

@Synck you say you're using the G27 - what steering angle have you set up? The reason I ask is that over-input is a common cause of understeer (especially with the 60's class, they have the lowest grip tyre), and if you are suffering from the FFB issues that are being reported then you might not be getting that slip feedback through the wheel. We use 270 degrees in the office for that wheel, the more you go over that the weaker the FFB is (this is the cause of the bug, which the team are working to resolve).
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm gossip material,... ( to get the topic back to gossips)
Chief Game Designer Paul was live at the UK radio with Kris Meeke and Elfyn Evans, ( I totally missed it ,.... )would he had some chat with them about the new DiRT game? or perhaps did Meeke and Evans played the game? :O 
Bring on the gossips!  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding the hairpins, in previous titles the clutch used to be fully pressed when the handbrake was engaged which allowed the rear to lock up and the fronts to free wheel. In this game, that doesn't happen in FWD and 4WD cars (it has to happen in RWD). This was to allow players to control the fronts with the brake/throttle independently to the rears, and it's this change in behaviour that I think is catching a lot of people out.

Is it the front wheel drive cars you are struggling with at hairpins? Do you try to weight shift or rely on the handbrake to pivot the car? What throttle/brake inputs are you applying?
@PonchoBillybob 

I know it's a bit OT, but I am having similar issues with the controller (XBOne controller). I don't seem to be able to get the back end to swing around enough to get a good line round some of the tighter hairpins.

The one that was giving me the real issues was 
Bidno Moorland. There is a section where you go though a gate, through the first water splash and then down towards a tight hairpin. It's quite close to the end, in the final third of the track. I was running the Group B Lancia. It seemed like however I tried, I could not find a way of getting the car round the corner effectively. The handbrake didn't introduce enough swing and slowed the car down aggressively, not enough room on the track to get any weight transfer and the back was not swinging out when I applied power. I did try and fiddle a bit with the controller settings, but it did not produce any significant change. 

Certainly there is no where near as much swing produced by applying the handbrake as there is on say Dirt 3.

Apologies. Back to gossiping.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been playing on the most hardcore settings, no hud no assists, fully manual with clutch and H pattern.

this game is leaps and bounds ahead of where the rest of the dirt series is for me, its really challenging and if played on hardcore settings offers REAL skill progression! The learning curve is huge and i know i have a long way to go, but i'm now at a level where i am enjoying the game hugely!

check out this highlight and my reaction at the end, i came third on that stage, but i feel like i earned it.

http://www.twitch.tv/ca4s/c/6623511
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some in depth video's about DiRT Rally, sponsored by AMD. I guess I'll be getting me a R9 290 to be able to play this on ultra.

First look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_qsGuNxbYU

Realism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yF0frViGc

Graphics / Particles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDDZMNvPu_M

Models
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K42oL_o15xM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, there is nothing definititive about this list it is just a selection of cars we are interested in. If a car is on there it does not mean that it will definitely be in the game. If a car is not on there it does not mean that it definitely won't.

I made it this time last year because I thought it looked cool and it was a statement of intent.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope that's not the final list. Because I can't see the 206 anywhere. 
I guess it would be a bit fun if a remake of CMR2.0 would be developed in the future with the inclusion of the exact cars that were available on the original game. :blush: 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Azoresst said:
Azoresst said:
We can discuss upcoming updates for DiRT Rally :P

Fully agree! Did you guys see the periodic table from DiRT? There's a lot of gossip there!!!
https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/timeline
I saw that. But on the periodic table you see some R5 cars and WRC 2015. 

Btw: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDq0gUOWEAE6d9i.jpg
Whoops I guess I missed this.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This week's been fun hasn't it?
It sure has, haven't had much time to spent on the forums because... reasons, hence I missed some things :P
I'm the same, sorry I've not been around much but I know I can trust you guys not to burn the house down while I'm out.
@justbiglee nah. Someone slipped the Orange notebook (again) off your desk and we been looking at it like a porn mag, sideways and all, lol  
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Synck said:
I'm waiting for what else you have in store for us. It would be cool to know what ideas you have and want to apply in the game.
I am thinking you are talking more detail than the timeline?  If not on the homepage of dirtgame.com lists an over all timeline through the end of the year.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm... Lookie what I found...

A sign of things to come?

(if the image doesn't display, click: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/DiRT%20Rally/Picture1.png?_subject_uid=239696150&w=AABwFCKSkBdDCyzNyKP9bXCmB4Ls_b-VCtJBqdhvqfNEHg )
Link to comment
Share on other sites

789ifyz said:
Hmm... Lookie what I found...

A sign of things to come?

(if the image doesn't display, click: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/DiRT%20Rally/Picture1.png?_subject_uid=239696150&w=AABwFCKSkBdDCyzNyKP9bXCmB4Ls_b-VCtJBqdhvqfNEHg )
Click doesn't work either, please use www.imgur.com to host images.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

KickUp said:
Nope, that's legacy stuff for podium sequences and stuff. Sorry
oh :disappointed: 

Oh, well. I figured something like that at first, but then I saw some countries I didn't remember being in previous titles, plus it was in DiRT Rally folder so began thinking that maybe I was onto something, but I guess not, then.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


789ifyz said:
KickUp said:
Nope, that's legacy stuff for podium sequences and stuff. Sorry
oh :disappointed: 

Oh, well. I figured something like that at first, but then I saw some countries I didn't remember being in previous titles, plus it was in DiRT Rally folder so began thinking that maybe I was onto something, but I guess not, then.
@KickUp in that case, can you consider these countries/rallies as a wish as well as their respective podiums and end of Rally celebrations and confetti while the lead drivers are on those podiums? Thanks. :smile: 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KickUp forgot to ask, would you be able to point me towards the Particle Systems folder? I don't plan on editing anything (yet). I'm mostly satisfied with the current particles, and I love the way they finally reflect in the mirrors etc., so apart from some of the smaller bits and the rocks and stones etc., I don't really think they need any editing.

Anyway, I was just wondering whether there was still a more detailed system file or if it's just the more generic files in the main effects folder this time round.

Somehow I feel you won't be fulfilling this particular question....
Link to comment
Share on other sites

789ifyz said:
@KickUp forgot to ask, would you be able to point me towards the Particle Systems folder? I don't plan on editing anything (yet). I'm mostly satisfied with the current particles, and I love the way they finally reflect in the mirrors etc., so apart from some of the smaller bits and the rocks and stones etc., I don't really think they need any editing.

Anyway, I was just wondering whether there was still a more detailed system file or if it's just the more generic files in the main effects folder this time round.

Somehow I feel you won't be fulfilling this particular question....
After playing it for a week now, I do think the GRAVEL could use a little more spray on turns.  I only have seen Ken Block first hand, so as far as WRC caliber cars there was a ton of dirt/rocks/gravel thrown on the hairpins I have been to.  I guess it's my opinion, but really think the partial effects are really great over all, dust is a huge improvement.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gfRally said:
789ifyz said:
@KickUp forgot to ask, would you be able to point me towards the Particle Systems folder? I don't plan on editing anything (yet). I'm mostly satisfied with the current particles, and I love the way they finally reflect in the mirrors etc., so apart from some of the smaller bits and the rocks and stones etc., I don't really think they need any editing.

Anyway, I was just wondering whether there was still a more detailed system file or if it's just the more generic files in the main effects folder this time round.

Somehow I feel you won't be fulfilling this particular question....
After playing it for a week now, I do think the GRAVEL could use a little more spray on turns.  I only have seen Ken Block first hand, so as far as WRC caliber cars there was a ton of dirt/rocks/gravel thrown on the hairpins I have been to.  I guess it's my opinion, but really think the partial effects are really great over all, dust is a huge improvement.
@gfRally I include that under the bits etc. but I can't find the more detailed particle systems.

I was also thinking of reducing gravity effect on dust and trying to get more variety and randomness in the bits/spray/stones etc. as well as more amounts of them, but I'm going to wait til full release before deciding how much work actually needs to be done. I'm expecting someone from the DiRTy devs' team will probably read this and tweak it themselves before the full release of the game. They have already been making progress towards the 'loads more particles' request I and many others have made, and overall I'm happy with what I see in that regard.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I was thinking more of the small things. Having to drive to grid on time and wait in queue, tire changes in middle of a stage, service area etc. Sure it might not be high priority right now but is there a chance that those things can be added? 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to DiRTy Gossip
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was featured and unpinned
  • The topic was unpinned
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...