Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Seem legit. I've been wondering why DiRT Rally is not featured on esports.

It was pretty great when they started to feature Forza instead of PGR. They even asked the players to push each other offtrack & cut corners to make thing dramatic along with a clueless commentators.
gfRally said:
Lol "this tweet is now unavailable" nice job @ChristinaMc !

https://t.co/6YZya6B5Oh
I think I may have started something here, that quickly escalated, I hope that both party's took this all in good humor.  You never know, it's Twitter.  

I missed what Christina's reply was...
dwkGravey said:
urgaffel said:
There's quite a lot of the final look of the image that happens in post processing. 
Oh, I agree completely there. But as you pointed out, it's final look, not "intended" ;) This might be the same for a console game, but on a PC game... well, given that we have graphical options, the two have to be separated.

Naughty Dog sure can put out some awesome stuff out there. I'm still amazed they managed to make a game look that good and still run smooth on the PS4 :D That article also shows how good the "base" they made is, without applying all the post-processing tricks.
Sit back, game developers, I read most of an issue of Edge once, and now I'm going to school you on your jobs!

Once we get this post-processing thing sorted, we'll put multiplayer in No Man's Sky, one week, tops.
I love the hate for No Mans Sky, "Hey the game came out, it's exactly what was advertised." "What?! I was hyped for that! Fackin bullsheet! This game blows!"
:/
Sure. Go play your Minecraft.

urgaffel said:
There's quite a lot of the final look of the image that happens in post processing. 
Oh, I agree completely there. But as you pointed out, it's final look, not "intended" ;) This might be the same for a console game, but on a PC game... well, given that we have graphical options, the two have to be separated.

Naughty Dog sure can put out some awesome stuff out there. I'm still amazed they managed to make a game look that good and still run smooth on the PS4 :D That article also shows how good the "base" they made is, without applying all the post-processing tricks.
The final (post processed) look is the intended look :D
tbtstt said:
Just been looking at the tweets and it seems to have been taken in jest from the WRC game page. Still, given the quality of their games,  it's no surprise that they have a good sense of humour. 
Yeah, it was all in good fun. :) We're pals as well as sworn enemies!
Some call those Frenemys  

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Dytut said:
I quickly found that one on blocket @bogani. Looks nice, just go for it! :-D
Don't be shy, share the link! :smile:
https://www.blocket.se/kalmar/Fin_Bes_Subaru_impreza_gt_ev_byte_68508453.htm?ca=18&w=3

;)
16,000 miles? Blimey, that's low mileage for the year! Exhaust doesn't look OEM (unless the Euro spec cars got a different backbox) and it's obviously sitting lower on the coilovers, but looks pretty standard otherwise. Would like to see under the bonnet! 

EDIT: Just looked at the interior shot. The pillar mounted boost gauge isn't standard either. 
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Dytut said:
https://www.blocket.se/kalmar/Fin_Bes_Subaru_impreza_gt_ev_byte_68508453.htm?ca=18&w=3

;)
16,000 miles? Blimey, that's low mileage for the year! Exhaust doesn't look OEM (unless the Euro spec cars got a different backbox) and it's obviously sitting lower on the coilovers, but looks pretty standard otherwise. Would like to see under the bonnet! 
Well, 16,000 scandinavian miles - one scandinavian mile is 10 km.
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Dytut said:

;)

EDIT: Just looked at the interior shot. The pillar mounted boost gauge isn't standard either. 
Yup, the only custom seems to be exhaust and coilovers. I would throw away the gauge in an instant. And to be honest, nothing is certain when it comes to cars for sale. Would have to look at it to make a judgement.

I find it rather surprising the back arches are free of rust. Kinda unique for a GT!
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Dytut said:

;)

Yup, the only custom seems to be exhaust and coilovers. I would throw away the gauge in an instant. And to be honest, nothing is certain when it comes to cars for sale. Would have to look at it to make a judgement.

I find it rather surprising the back arches are free of rust. Kinda unique for a GT!
Absolutely, pictures can hide many sins! Yeah, rear arches are always the first place rust seems to strike on the GC Impreza. That looks good in the picture, though it's worth having a good nose underneath. 

Check if it's a cat back exhaust or a straight through system: if it's straight through then the car should have been remapped. 
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Dytut said:

;)

Absolutely, pictures can hide many sins! Yeah, rear arches are always the first place rust seems to strike on the GC Impreza. That looks good in the picture, though it's worth having a good nose underneath. 

Check if it's a cat back exhaust or a straight through system: if it's straight through then the car should have been remapped. 
Ok. I actually went straight from work to have a look at it. The condition is at first glance very very good. The back arches looked flawless.

It was a 3" system straight through. The owner didn't know if it had been remapped or not. He took the car as a trade for another car not long ago. There was also an open dump valve, which I'm not that fond of as I would want the car as original as possible.

Took it for a drive. It was kinda harsh as it's been lowered a bit with the coilovers, but I have nothing compared it to as I've never driven one with original suspension. It did feel kinda old when it came to the clutch pedal, but I guess that is how it is after you've been driving a 2010 Seat for a couple of years. I did have a 96 Lancer before and it fel quite similar in many ways.

I could probably get it down to 6000EUR. The urge is strong :P
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Dytut said:

;)

Ok. I actually went straight from work to have a look at it. The condition is at first glance very very good. The back arches looked flawless.

It was a 3" system straight through. The owner didn't know if it had been remapped or not. He took the car as a trade for another car not long ago. There was also an open dump valve, which I'm not that fond of as I would want the car as original as possible.
Yeah, back to the standard re-circ would be my first move as well! If it's running a 3" straight through system it definitely should have been remapped, so I'd get that checked as a first priority. 

You need to remove the arch liners and boot trim for a really good look around, but clear rear arches sound promising. 

I'm biased, but I'd say buy it! I'm sure decent GC Impreza's are going to be future classics. 
Wish I had enough smackeroons to afford something like that. My current car has exhaust issues and loses throttle when I'm driving. But hey, if I throw it neutral and turn it off then back on it works fine until it does it again. The way I see it, this is a much better deal.