Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now¬†ūüėȬ†

JZStudios said:
cjl9 said:
Hmm...my 22 year old daughter has just moved to London for a job at Ogilvy and Mather. So the Lloyds come full circle. After she graduated college I thought I was done with paying for her but the salary she is getting as an intern will not cover the costs of renting an apartment in Kensington and her living expenses.

I left England 37 years ago, boy, has London changed.
Over 37 years everything changes.
For example, I was born.
Someone here is going to come back to the forums after a little while off, see all the activity on the gossip thread and think a new game has been announced, then be disappointed after scrolling through pages of house prices! XD

Im getting bad at taking this thread off topic!
Yeeeeeeees. Codemasters did buy the license for Sims. This is what we are discussing. Right? :D
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
In any case, I'm only 21, and the economy here sucks so hard that I can't even afford to try to go to college to try and move out. And you can't afford to move out on your own.
That sounds very familiar. I'm in the minority among my friends in that I stayed at home longer in order to accumulate enough money to pay for a deposit: most moved out and started renting and, once you're in the rent trap, it's hard to get out of it.

Still, you are paying a lot less for fuel than we are, so that should cheer you up! :smiley:
I suppose. Tucson is pretty cheap for fuel. Little while ago it was back down to $1.80/gallon Which is still high considering all the gas sources we could tap on American soil.
I've also heard that the British economy is better than Americas, so even with those high taxes and all you guys have more spending money, then again that was also a few years ago.
gfRally said:
@JZStudios
If we are tossing numbers around, over the hill are 1-5million dollar homes (castles?), doesn't do me any good, except raises my property value some. 
You said you had a cheap house.
And how do we know your house isn't lowering theirs? ;)

Here is a pic of my "cheap house" 

Like I said, i have no problems, and no teeth
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
cjl9 said:
Hmm...my 22 year old daughter has just moved to London for a job at Ogilvy and Mather. So the Lloyds come full circle. After she graduated college I thought I was done with paying for her but the salary she is getting as an intern will not cover the costs of renting an apartment in Kensington and her living expenses.

For example, I was born.
I was almost born twice
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
cjl9 said:

For example, I was born.
I was almost born twice

Fuck. I feel old :D
JZStudios said:

I suppose. Tucson is pretty cheap for fuel. Little while ago it was back down to $1.80/gallon Which is still high considering all the gas sources we could tap on American soil.
I've also heard that the British economy is better than Americas, so even with those high taxes and all you guys have more spending money, then again that was also a few years ago.

$1.80 a gallon? Damn! Last time I filled up it was about £1.15 a litre. If my maths is correct that's roughly £5.20 a gallon, so about $6.80 a gallon at the current exchange rate!
cjl9 said:
The cost of living in central London is horrendous, and it's continuing to climb. Pretty much everywhere within the M25 (that's the motorway that rings London for all you non-UK folk) is expensive as well
I could never have afforded a house in Britain, moved out at 30 and fcuked off to the States to marry and buy a house for half what it would have cost in the UK.
^ That.
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
In any case, I'm only 21, and the economy here sucks so hard that I can't even afford to try to go to college to try and move out. And you can't afford to move out on your own.
That sounds very familiar. I'm in the minority among my friends in that I stayed at home longer in order to accumulate enough money to pay for a deposit: most moved out and started renting and, once you're in the rent trap, it's hard to get out of it.

Still, you are paying a lot less for fuel than we are, so that should cheer you up! :smiley:
gfRally said:
@JZStudios
If we are tossing numbers around, over the hill are 1-5million dollar homes (castles?), doesn't do me any good, except raises my property value some. 

HA! The teeth line just made me laugh out loud! (and if that really is your house pre-restoration then that is cool as fuck!)
JZStudios said:
cjl9 said:

We grow old!
Evilsmurf said:
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
cjl9 said:

For example, I was born.
I was almost born twice

****. I feel old :D
Evilsmurf said:
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
cjl9 said:

For example, I was born.
I was almost born twice

****. I feel old :D
YOU feel old! Hah! I'm old enough to have rallied with Roger Clark, Stiq Blomqvist, Hannu Mikkola and Bjorn Waldegaard...to name a few who were a little faster than me.
cjl9 said:

YOU feel old! Hah! I'm old enough to have rallied with Roger Clark, Stiq Blomqvist, Hannu Mikkola and Bjorn Waldegaard...to name a few who were a little faster than me.
I don't believe you. There is no way someone that old is able to use a computer and post on a forum.  ;)
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:

$1.80 a gallon? Damn! Last time I filled up it was about £1.15 a litre. If my maths is correct that's roughly £5.20 a gallon, so about $6.80 a gallon at the current exchange rate!
At about CA$1.19/litre, we're paying twice as much as Americans. I was going to feel bad until I read @tbtstt 's reply.

This is why I'm too much of a party pooper to dream properly‚ÄĒI'd love to own an STI! Oh but then I'd have to pay for premium. Forget it. :tongue:
dwkGravey said:

At about CA$1.19/litre, we're paying twice as much as Americans. I was going to feel bad until I read @tbtstt 's reply.

It's actually got a bit cheaper here in the last few months: at one point premium (99 RON) petrol was over ¬£1.30 a litre (so over $8 a gallon!). 
dwkGravey said:

This is why I'm too much of a party pooper to dream properly‚ÄĒI'd love to own an STI! Oh but then I'd have to pay for premium. Forget it. :tongue:
Haha! It's worth spending all your money at the petrol station @dwkGravey, honest! :smiley:
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:

Hmm... according to the Google, you would be correct. Tucson does have some of the lowest gas prices. Also, not sure if it happened in the UK, but apparently the Saudis decided to try and drop the fuel price massively to try and hurt the American economy, because apparently we aren't doing that ourselves well enough. It didn't work but we get cheaper gas now. It's averaging about $2.00/gallon.
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:

gfRally said:
@JZStudios

At least you have someplace cozy to call your own, even if your dream is winning that golden ticket.

I could never have afforded a house in Britain, moved out at 30 and fcuked off to the States to marry and buy a house for half what it would have cost in the UK.
don't even get me started on house prices... http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/294835/akl-houses-dearer-than-london-and-la
Benniz said:
About time some DiRT related gossip made it's entry soon! Way off topic :smiley:

Well we know that the CM team will be in Loheac next weekend for the World Rallycross. I wonder if they are there just to spectate, or to research the circuit?
tbtstt said:
Benniz said:
About time some DiRT related gossip made it's entry soon! Way off topic :smiley:

Well we know that the CM team will be in Loheac next weekend for the World Rallycross. I wonder if they are there just to spectate, or to research the circuit?
Might just be checking out the local property market.
tbtstt said:
Benniz said:

I assumed that there would be some purpose to there visit, unlikely it's just a pr visit to promote a 4 month old game (for console anyway, even older for pc).
I assumed that there would be some purpose to there visit, unlikely it's just a pr visit to promote a 4 month old game (for console anyway, even older for pc).
Yep. This is very unlikely. There will be a... 'purpose'. 
Yup Brittany possesses a rich cultural and historic heritage: castles, fortified towns, museums, towns full of art and history, standing stones...so many places and things to discover....
tbtstt said:
Yep. This is very unlikely. There will be a... 'purpose'. 
Ooooh look, actual gossip in the gossip thread!
OMG THE WORLD'S GONNA END!!!
QUICKLY, someone derail the thread.

erm, umm... Got it! Subaru