Jump to content Jump to content

789ifyz said:
tbtstt said:
I assumed that there would be some purpose to there visit, unlikely it's just a pr visit to promote a 4 month old game (for console anyway, even older for pc).
Yep. This is very unlikely. There will be a... 'purpose'. 
Ooooh look, actual gossip in the gossip thread!
OMG THE WORLD'S GONNA END!!!
QUICKLY, someone derail the thread.

erm, umm... Got it! Subaru

I hear they are looking over a yellow WRC 22b STI for Rallycross inclusion
tbtstt said:
I assumed that there would be some purpose to there visit, unlikely it's just a pr visit to promote a 4 month old game (for console anyway, even older for pc).
Quick! To the gossipmobile!
Is that the Subaru 22b something something?
urgaffel said:
tbtstt said:
Quick! To the gossipmobile!
Is that the Subaru 22b something something?
I'd much rather discuss the Quattro - season 1, episode 2.
KickUp said:
Yup Brittany possesses a rich cultural and historic heritage: castles, fortified towns, museums, towns full of art and history, standing stones...so many places and things to discover....
You forgot wine.
On the assumption that the trip is related to rallycross and not French architecture/art/history/stones/wine research I see that as an encouraging sign: although I would like to see more real rallycross circuits included in current/future DiRT titles, I would especially like it if these were classic, established, rallycross tracks.  

Loheac also has a rather large car museum beside it which, if I recall correctly, houses several iconic rallycross cars: possibly some research to be done there as well? 
KickUp said:
Yup Brittany possesses a rich cultural and historic heritage: castles, fortified towns, museums, towns full of art and history, standing stones...so many places and things to discover....
So you are there to look at local property prices. :p
KickUp said:
You forgot wine.
Not forgotten, it's well known own that the French like to wine....
KickUp said:
You forgot wine.
Not forgotten, it's well known own that the French like to wine....
cough cough Ogier cough cough running order.. :)

Cokatoos said:
Hello dear Codemasters ( Dirt Rally) Team,

When can we expect some new content like new rally stages and cars? (pay content no problem)
That's the 1 Million Dollar question that no one knows. We will get some info about it soon, i hope.

Not DiRT related but seems Kunos is having a hard time with AC Console release. A not smooth as butter release that's the worst that could happen, on top of game not having Custom Servers, lack in content ( comparing with GT and Forza ) and a no flashy career. Also, Codies seems to be the only Dev that know the formula of how to make a Racing game run at 60 FPS on Consoles.

Kunos took a big, big risk taking AC to Consoles

I'm actually from a different universe, but I like to keep it on the down low, don't want to make a big thing of it
I'm from an alternate reality, I know how you feel.
Well, I figured that. But it also does answer some questions.
Alf72 said:

Also, Codies seems to be the only Dev that know the formula of how to make a Racing game run at 60 FPS on Consoles.

The Forza Motorsport games run at 60. The horizon games only do 30, but also seem to be more graphically intensive, then the motorsport guys make it run at 60.
Pretty sure the AC console port is just for a cash grab.

BadD0g said:
Codies is also really good at getting racing games to feel right on a controller for scrubs like me. I've tried my best to match settings between AC and Dirt, but AC's never feel quite as smooth and comfortable.
Yup, that's the #1 one thing I want out of an AC console release, better controller handling, even if it means reduced simulation fidelity. Console users are going to hate AC if they don't change it from how it is on PC.
I've just downloaded Forza 6 as it's free to play this weekend with Xbox live gold, and it weirdly doesn't feel as good on controller as Forza 5? Codies did a very good job on the Xbox version of dirt, the controller feels very good, especially as a game like dirt requires a hell of a lot more steering inputs and corrections than a track racer like Forza.