Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/542319547064524800

breaking news!

first solid DiRT4 news
@Rallycameraman wondering if the dirty Mitsubishi Lancer WRC05 is on the list  o:) * troll troll* lol
Also wondering if the Peugeot 206 will be there xD

But to be honest i do hope the most at all the R2 ,R3 R5 and WRC cars like we have them now in the ERC and WRC, just to make a career mode like the WRC ultimate team more challenging then just a bunch of random cars.

After all that that will make the gameplay much longer and more fun!
Doubt that they will have that many Lancia's in the game.
Yeah, they have only won the constructors championship 10 times... Why on earth would we include them. (For the record Subaru, Mitsubishi, Ford and Toyota combine have 10 as well.)

To exclude Lancia is to exclude historic rally.
Tark9m said:
Yeah, they have only won the constructors championship 10 times... Why on earth would we include them. (For the record Subaru, Mitsubishi, Ford and Toyota combine have 10 as well.)

Lets hope License money is spent on all the above cars (Ford included, blah!) and not these BMW Z4, Chevy Camaro, or the Mustang that ended up in DiRT3.  I know this was more of 'fun' cars to have, but the time and money that was wasted on these cars could have been better used on something else more significant to rally.  Hopefully they have been able to license a few different manufactures this time around (keeping the real rally ones they have already).  
gfRally said:
Tark9m said:

Lets hope License money is spent on all the above cars (Ford included, blah!) and not these BMW Z4, Chevy Camaro, or the Mustang that ended up in DiRT3.  I know this was more of 'fun' cars to have, but the time and money that was wasted on these cars could have been better used on something else more significant to rally.  Hopefully they have been able to license a few different manufactures this time around (keeping the real rally ones they have already).  
I don't have a problem with Hill climb cars in the game if we have some popper hill climb tracks.. I also have no issue with the party modes returning, but that said I totally agree.. If afer a bunch of rally I need something mindless I can have as much fun playing outbreak in a cool old Lancia as I can playing it in an ill handeling tuner car with an 8 foot tall wing on the back.

Tark9m said:
gfRally said:
Tark9m said:

I don't have a problem with Hill climb cars in the game if we have some popper hill climb tracks.. I also have no issue with the party modes returning, but that said I totally agree.. If afer a bunch of rally I need something mindless I can have as much fun playing outbreak in a cool old Lancia as I can playing it in an ill handeling tuner car with an 8 foot tall wing on the back.

I would much rather do the Party Modes with rally cars too

And yes @ThierryNeuville‌ I hope for Lancer WRC05 too, and 206 WRC! Just need the manufacturers to play ball really.

Let's talk party modes then, 

What do you want?

Guess "beer" isnt the right answer :P

But I would rather see a co-up team mode championship ( Story mode ) then a real party game.

But I think a party mode would also be nice for some relaxing, to be honest,  

So perhaps ( thinking really out of the box) Some kind of quiz thing mode about the world of rallying would perhaps fun?
Or drive as far as possible on a small amout of fuel,.. ? How fast can u drive with a 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 flat tires?
or things like that?

I think a party mode is not that easy for a rally/race game.

Outbreak and Cat and Mouse are both a blast when it is time for some mindless fun.

Any car any track outbreak would be a nice touch.. It would be very cool to stagger the cars out on the rally stages to start an outbreak as well instead of having them all start at the beginning of the stage. - It would also be nice, to give the option to have full damage on in any game mode. Outbreak is a bit different game with full damage.

I was a fan of transporter too, but I am in the minority there. But I can still log in anytime of day and find an outbreak online, so I would love to see a focus on making that even more robust.
I wanted to hate the party modes... but they are one of the most enjoyable bits of DiRT 3! Good fun and a great way to really get to grips with the cars.

Outbreak definitely gets my vote (with the full range of cars available for use please). Transporter is fun and I think is worth of inclusion if possible. I have barely played Invasion, so I wouldn't miss that if it didn't make the transition. 
Outbreak is a lot of fun on rally tracks as long as people don't abuse the ability to go off track and reset. The round just needs to be long enough that you have to turn back at some point. Any vehicle type is fun (though buggies are buggy - the nerf bars don't score a hit).

I mean hypothetically of course, I because thats not built in the game, and doing so would require some sort of mod running in the background) 

I wanted to hate the party modes too, but after some racing, there is nothing better than C&M or outbreak with a good group of folks who have mics.)
Never thought about co driver mode, but in theory you could do it now. Teamviewer to a friends rig and read him your pace notes. Then prepare for him to spout profanity at you, because the crash could not possibly be his fault, it was undoubtedly you poor notes, lousy cadence and total misdirection to him.