Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

tbtstt said:
Dytut said:
According to the road book, gossip was able to be overheard at loheac. @tbtstt, what is it you're not telling us? ;-)
I absolutely swear that I heard nothing @Dytut: I'm actually kicking myself for not barging into the conversation when I saw @KickUp and co. on Friday. If I had known the team wouldn't be there over the weekend I would have done!
Maybe they were gossiping loudly so you would move closer to hear what was being said...

@SkiddyMcCrash  don't do it to him. Please :neutral:

And to us

P.S. That

white text

was intentional. :P

P.S.2. We may now send secret messages in the gossip thread. Well, at least until they fix the headings in post to be displayed in black or block them which would make me sad [at least keep h2-3]. ;)

Obviously I'm not a WRC game fan, but I will try our WRC6, just because rally and looking for MORE RALLY stages, etc.  I'm not afraid to say I like other games too :neutral: 

Here is something that interests me:

https://youtu.be/vF9iR3g8QMc

I like this from DiRT1 and I miss the side by side racing (not a WRX fan).  It would be great to have something similar, without breaking a trademark or infringement.

gfRally said:
Obviously I'm not a WRC game fan, but I will try our WRC6, just because rally and looking for MORE RALLY stages, etc.  I'm not afraid to say I like other games too :neutral:
I think most of us enjoy other games as well, just not poorly made ones. ;)

I too enjoy superspecial stages, but judging by all their previous WRC titles, how little effort they put into them - I really can't get my hopes up over this one. I have a 16 year old game with better wheel support than all of their titles combined.

nothing wrong with playing multiple games.

i play theHunter since 2009 make hundreds of videos for it. i play fps games and of course i play rally / racing games. mainly by codemasters since early 90s. most peope dont mind admitting to playing other games i think its more the case of we want more variety of racing/rally games just there isnt many and we highly critical of the games produced. apart from dirt rally there hasnt been a really good rally game for along time.

most have been too arcadey. now we been treated to dirt rally we have upped out expectations to only that and nothing below.so when you see other companies farming out lack lustre titles you know there will be incoming rage or why couldnt they make it bettter. :D

gfRally said:

Here is something that interests me:

https://youtu.be/vF9iR3g8QMc

I like this from DiRT1 and I miss the side by side racing (not a WRX fan).  It would be great to have something similar, without breaking a trademark or infringement.

They've done a great job re-creating those stages, I just wish the physics were a bit better as i'd actually get it then. 

Super specials are great fun to drive, but not if you've got a car that doesn't slide :/

Yes, that's my biggest gripe with the WRC games - lousy, lousy physics. Then there's the vacuum cleaner sound that seems to be on every single car... and the codriver that sounds about 942 years old, which wouldn't be a problem... if he was moderately amused. I think they recorded all calls during lunch break or something.

Hands up who think @ChristinaMc (knowing that @tbtstt missed them) is now rubbing ithe in our faces :smiley:

Also, I don't like that the new PT area is being setup and I won't be able to schedule a flight to get there:(

Once again, harsh treatment from the Codemasters team. I'm sure they will be apologizing by way of tea and biscuits when they organize the community day though... 

In other news I will make a start on my pictures from Loheac this week. Should have a few  pictures of all the fantastic racing that @ChristinaMc and co. missed because they went home early. I'm sure watching it on TV was just as good. ;) 

tbtstt said:
Hands up who think @ChristinaMc (knowing that @tbtstt missed them) is now rubbing ithe in our faces :smiley:

Also, I don't like that the new PT area is being setup and I won't be able to schedule a flight to get there:(

Once again, harsh treatment from the Codemasters team. I'm sure they will be apologizing by way of tea and biscuits when they organize the community day though... 

In other news I will make a start on my pictures from Loheac this week. Should have a few  pictures of all the fantastic racing that @ChristinaMc and co. missed because they went home early. I'm sure watching it on TV was just as good. ;) 
All over the tea and biscuits situation. ;)

And, I would love to see a few pictures from Loheac! Absolutely gutted we didn't stay. Watching it on TV wasn't the same, :( Although being at home did give me the opportunity to second screen between WRX and F1... the WRX was by far the better show though.

All over the tea and biscuits situation. ;)

Splendid!

And, I would love to see a few pictures from Loheac! Absolutely gutted we didn't stay. Watching it on TV wasn't the same, :( Although being at home did give me the opportunity to second screen between WRX and F1... the WRX was by far the better show though.
Will pop some pictures when I've finished sifting through them: I have pictures from the British Rallycross at Lydden to finish sorting first though!