Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

I am actually excited for FH3 coming to PC. Played the first one back in the day, and it's arguably the only game series that offers nice cars to drive in an open world enviroment with somewhat bearable driving physics and wheel support. 
I think it will be a great game to relax and enjoy your petrol-headery with nice cars on the open road.

And with your Dirt Rally driving skills you can probably go online occasionally to completely dominate those casual folks :D :D :D 
Ok, I would have to say that was nearly the best Gymkhana yet (besides the first with the Subie, of course :wink:)  And it was only 100 miles from where I live, may have to visit that site some time.  

Too bad about him getting kicked out of Australia when trying to secure filming locations.  So funny that the land of MAD MAX frowns so much on hooning
At the moment I wouldn't be surprised if the Dirt team announced either a Dirt RallyCross game with full WRX in it, or some substantial DLC to cover WRX for Dirt Rally.

However that tweet about recording a Lancia Status for Dirt... if that's a recent development then whatever is coming up isn't just WRX...
gfRally said:
Ok, I would have to say that was nearly the best Gymkhana yet (besides the first with the Subie, of course :wink:)  And it was only 100 miles from where I live, may have to visit that site some time.  

Too bad about him getting kicked out of Australia when trying to secure filming locations.  So funny that the land of MAD MAX frowns so much on hooning
He got kicked out of Australia? Haha, that's pretty lame on their part. Australia could be cool if it wasn't so liberally prone on literally everything.
SkyRex said:
I am actually excited for FH3 coming to PC. Played the first one back in the day, and it's arguably the only game series that offers nice cars to drive in an open world enviroment with somewhat bearable driving physics and wheel support. 
I think it will be a great game to relax and enjoy your petrol-headery with nice cars on the open road.

And with your Dirt Rally driving skills you can probably go online occasionally to completely dominate those casual folks :D :D :D 

Yep. Waiting for the port report and seeing what wheels it supports. If it works well, even if I can't use my triples I'll go buy a new SSD and Win10. Pretty hyped for it, it looks fantastic on Xbone. Just hoping they let me use my triples, and for the love of god put in the dash cam everyone's been asking for for 10 years. Otherwise I'm sure people will figure out how to mod the FOV at least.
Wheel support for FH3 is basically Logitech and Thrustmaster at the moment, with Fanatec coming in late Sept: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6a_wheel_support

Forza Apex runs pretty well for me, between 80-120fps, but I do get some occasional stuttering which oddly enough is much worse when I frame limit to 60fps. Hoping FH3 resolves it, I am not sure how much of the engine is shared but I imagine a lot.
enamel said:
Wheel support for FH3 is basically Logitech and Thrustmaster at the moment, with Fanatec coming in late Sept: http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6a_wheel_support

Forza Apex runs pretty well for me, between 80-120fps, but I do get some occasional stuttering which oddly enough is much worse when I frame limit to 60fps. Hoping FH3 resolves it, I am not sure how much of the engine is shared but I imagine a lot.
They basically seem to be leapfrogging one another, whilst simultaneously working together. The playground guys seem to do the more complex stuff at 30FPS and then the turn 10 guys improve it and put in Motorsport. So each iteration builds upon the last. They use the same engine essentially, Horizon just uses newer/experimental features.
I'm wondering if Forza 7 will use H3's weather system. If it's a semi dynamic HDRI environment map, it seems to me like it should be implementable into 7, where it can the give dynamic weather whilst still being 60FPS.
In any case, I'm not sure how well the dumb windows store will actually function, and they might not support my wheel, and at the current time "custom" setups don't seem to work. Though my wheel is officially 360 compatible. It's also weird that Fanatec was left out when they're teamed with Motorsport and have a dedicated wheel bundle.
JZStudios said:
JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:

All over the tea and biscuits situation. ;)

Splendid!
I'm sorry, you guys are just too British.
https66mediatumblrcomb67e43e0e9277dc50463ad3de5610edbtumblr_inline_nyw3x07yA11rp8k63_500gif
CRACKING TOAST GROMIT.
JZStudios said:
OOOH! Guys, great news, Blocks put out another Gymkhana video! Unfortunately it's sponsored with FH3 so I guess CM won't have it next game. :'(
https://youtu.be/_bkX5VkZg8U

gfRally said:

Australia is very anti-hoon, I recall reading an article a while back on a chap in Australia who was building an XB GT Mad Max replica: he was having a nightmare with the authorities! 

As for the video I enjoyed it, definitely one of the better ones, there are a couple of very cool shots in there.  I am still hopeful that Ken will ditch the modern machinery and break out his RS200 for a gymkhana video!
Jepsertti said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
As for the video I enjoyed it, definitely one of the better ones, there are a couple of very cool shots in there.  I am still hopeful that Ken will ditch the modern machinery and break out his RS200 for a gymkhana video!
I'd prefer for him to take that RS200 up a certain hill :D
Notting Hill?
Knockhill?
Damon Hill?
tbtstt said:
Jepsertti said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Notting Hill?
Knockhill?
Damon Hill?
Perhaps over the hills and far away?
tbtstt said:
Jepsertti said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Notting Hill?
Knockhill?
Damon Hill?
Hey Porky ... you got the love I need. 
Maybe more than enough.
Oh darling darling darling... walk a while with me
Ooooh you've got so much...

For the ones who don't get the reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee33FsDANk0
Reading it again it's a rather strange post without this.
tbtstt said:
Jepsertti said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Notting Hill?
Knockhill?
Damon Hill?
Hey Porky ... you got the love I need. 
Maybe more than enough.
Oh darling darling darling... walk a while with me
Ooooh you've got so much...

Didzis said:
enamel said:
Yeah, Logitech, except my Driving Force GT :angry: Even Momo is on the list

Momo owners - YAY
DFGT owners - oh ffs
G2X owners - heh, obviously

xD
It's probably because the DFGT has a Gran Turismo logo on it. Damned politics :angry:
:D