Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip

MastaVonBlasta

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Not a gossip obviously and it is off-topic, I have been recently playing CMR2.0+silent patch with a Thrustmaster RGT (fortunately the little game detected it) and I got to say that it was the best realistic experience I have enjoyed so far... It is much much better than these today's rally or racing titles that call themselves simulators... Seriously when you.take those old-school turbocharged machines to the Finnish roads with a wheel tackling high-speed corners with technique and going half-throttle to be precise with sharp corners then maximum attack at high speed corners and crests... What an experience.. Ask Porky!

That's a good example of what a clear focus on game feel and the quality of the user experience can achieve. It doesn't matter how 'realistic' or 'arcadey' a game is, if care is put into the way a game feels, it will be fun to play. CMR2 may not be super advanced by today's standards, but it holds up because of how well put together it was. I doubt anyone will be saying that about, ahem, "certain other rally games," 14 years from now.

JZStudios said:
It's not dirt, but damn it's pretty.
https://youtu.be/JUKiB0iVUHg
As mach as we all LOVE Slap, this was.... moderately decent. Imagine that in DR.

Some effects (water) are nice.  The foliage is just awful, @urgaffel and co. do amazing work in making the environment seem so alive and real.  I think any 'bling' we may be feeling from this video is how the gfx engine handles.  

The thing I noticed is all the camera angles, its just seems so fresh.  

gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
It's not dirt, but damn it's pretty.
https://youtu.be/JUKiB0iVUHg
As mach as we all LOVE Slap, this was.... moderately decent. Imagine that in DR.

Some effects (water) are nice.  The foliage is just awful, @urgaffel and co. do amazing work in making the environment seem so alive and real.  I think any 'bling' we may be feeling from this video is how the gfx engine handles.  

The thing I noticed is all the camera angles, its just seems so fresh.  
Yeah, that open world foliage. I'd expected more of you gf. The shrubs are... okay, but the trees and grass are pretty darn good for an open world console game.
To still give @urgaffel his due, yeah, the game looks good, but on Sweden I can see the ends of the terrain that's actually modelled. After a point it turns into things like AC track mods. Running 3d shrubs in a full open world is purdy darn hard.

oh look some guys got the dev tools.makes me sick tbh.popularity over content.woops dg you spoke your mind again. :D

its a shame in todays game market that the subscriber count gets you all the goodies.games makers should make tools for the game in question so ALL can film it the same.s many subs as he has he is actually pretty bad at many car games.

RANT over.bed time dg.let businesss continue. :)

dgeesi0 said:
oh look some guys got the dev tools.makes me sick tbh.popularity over content.woops dg you spoke your mind again. :D

its a shame in todays game market that the subscriber count gets you all the goodies.games makers should make tools for the game in question so ALL can film it the same.s many subs as he has he is actually pretty bad at many car games.

RANT over.bed time dg.let businesss continue. :)
What are you talking about? Slap's video? It's a camera mode available in the free demo everyone gets to play....

dgeesi0 said:
Oh look, some guy spoke without actually knowing a single thing about the game... Everyone here would like a free camera in DiRT Rally, but that doesn't mean other games are not getting those things and require some dev tools.

I know this may sound like some heresy to people here, but DR for all the things that have been done well, there's almost an exact amount of things that have been done wrong. This includes the ages long bugs, features that have gone missing when compared to previous titles, features that were never implemented or straight out ignored etc. This naturally doesn't mean the other games Devs are so oh great, no, they have their bad sides as well. Just that those bad sides changes depending on the dev team.

As to Slaptrain... he's just a typical example of a YouTuber that gets his subscriber count from people that love a shouting face that is way overhyped and has exaggerated reactions to everything. Not for you know... intellect, skills, charisma etc.
I personally like to call him "Slap face". The similarity he shares with BlackPantha and AR12Gaming is extreme. On the other hand, are there any actual differences between them? xD

dgeesi0 said:
Oh look, some guy spoke without actually knowing a single thing about the game... Everyone here would like a free camera in DiRT Rally, but that doesn't mean other games are not getting those things and require some dev tools.

I know this may sound like some heresy to people here, but DR for all the things that have been done well, there's almost an exact amount of things that have been done wrong. This includes the ages long bugs, features that have gone missing when compared to previous titles, features that were never implemented or straight out ignored etc. This naturally doesn't mean the other games Devs are so oh great, no, they have their bad sides as well. Just that those bad sides changes depending on the dev team.

As to Slaptrain... he's just a typical example of a YouTuber that gets his subscriber count from people that love a shouting face that is way overhyped and has exaggerated reactions to everything. Not for you know... intellect, skills, charisma etc.
I personally like to call him "Slap face". The similarity he shares with BlackPantha and AR12Gaming is extreme. On the other hand, are there any actual differences between them? xD
I refuse to watch BlackPanthaa based of his name alone. In case you don't know, the Black Panthers are a racist group equally opposite to the KKK.
And the other guys I find to be more annoying than Slap.

JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:

I refuse to watch BlackPanthaa based of his name alone. In case you don't know, the Black Panthers are a racist group equally opposite to the KKK.
Ill never judge anyone by their 'handle' but its an interesting coincidence that all 3 of these names sound THUGish?

AR12.... (a gun)
BlanckPantha ... (as you referenced a hate group)
Slap ... (Pimps/Wife beaters/etc)  

A bit like the wizard of oz, a giant persona with a little man at the controls.

gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:

Ill never judge anyone by their 'handle' but its an interesting coincidence that all 3 of these names sound THUGish?

AR12.... (a gun)
BlackPantha ... (as you referenced a hate group)

Eh. AR-12 is a Turkish shotgun designed after the M16-AR15. Of which being an American I have no problem with. Not sure if that's what he's going for, but seeing as how he looks and sounds like a 12 year old with a stupid Belieber haircut... I could go both ways. There's plenty of gun channels I watch full of people who aren't thugs.
Literally naming yourself after a racist hate group though.....
I'm also not sure where a Canadian gets off calling himself Slap Train.

JZStudios said:
gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
dgeesi0 said:

AR12.... (a gun)
BlackPantha ... (as you referenced a hate group)

Eh. AR-12 is a Turkish shotgun designed after the M16-AR15. Of which being an American I have no problem with. Not sure if that's what he's going for, but seeing as how he looks and sounds like a 12 year old with a stupid Belieber haircut... I could go both ways. There's plenty of gun channels I watch full of people who aren't thugs.
Literally naming yourself after a racist hate group though.....
I'm also not sure where a Canadian gets off calling himself Slap Train.

I own a couple of guns, no biggie for me, either.  My initial thought in lumping the names together just led me down that path.  Maybe I watch too much news :)  Anyhow sorry for loosing the topic.

From the few videos I've seen, it seems like slap train at least knows what he's talking about when it comes to cars and racing, unlike the complete moron that is AR12, who I have literally no idea why people would want to watch a racing game channel with a guy who doesn't know a thing about it. If you want to be really annoyed then watch this from when dirt on console was first announced: https://youtu.be/nsQG3Op9_N8

the most lazy video ever made, the guy has clearly not done a single bit of research. I don't watch much YouTube anymore, but I've always like FailRace as a channel. He really knows his stuff about cars and racing, and was completely full of praise for dirt.
https://youtu.be/oBQQUS_wH7E

Yeah, I watched one of AR12's videos once and he was spinning the camera around on the outside view to see what other people were doing, then being completely confused why he was crashing. Literally no idea how he has so many subscribers. But I rarely watch anything on YouTube now that I'm no longer a student

JZStudios said:
The Black Panthers were absolutely not a racist hate group equivalent to the KKK. Anyway, BlackPanthaa could be named after the Marvel character.

And Slap's videos are really hard to watch.

dwkGravey said:
JZStudios said:
The Black Panthers were absolutely not a racist hate group equivalent to the KKK. Anyway, BlackPanthaa could be named after the Marvel character.

And Slap's videos are really hard to watch.
Didn't even know there was a Marvel character. Not sure how you don't figure the panthers as equivalent, but that get's way off into another topic I don't feel like talking about.
Dytut said:
RookieOne said:
Time to gossip again : 

https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/777883702818902016
They might just have been out drunk driving and swerved into a milestone. Otherwise I'd be forced to get hyped, and I can't stand being hyped.

Hopefully they were in Milan and crashed into their production office.  ;)
(Insert that Top Gear clip of Jeremy running through the tiny shed/"Production office" we've all seen but I can't be bothered to find.)

Dytut said:
RookieOne said:
Time to gossip again : 

https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/777883702818902016
They might just have been out drunk driving and swerved into a milestone. Otherwise I'd be forced to get hyped, and I can't stand being hyped.
My theory is that they just amassed a very large pile of games by Milestone and smashed them up.