Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip


MastaVonBlasta
 Share

Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

 

 

Recommended Posts

JZStudios said:
Yep. Waiting for the port report. It's the windows store that concerns me. I seriously only want full screen on my triples. Why is that impossible?
Fullscreen is already an option in Forza Apex, so I can't imagine FH3 not having it (it has according to all the reviews I've seen so far).
Hmm. Saw about 3 minutes of InsaneGaz livestreaming and he said it doesn't allow full screen.

However, since our own resident @enamel has it, I can just ask him for the port report. Can I do triple screen? With the Horizon series I'm okay using a controller since my wheels a Fanatec. FH also does a great job of making every car feel unique, and about like you'd expect, while still simplifying it a bit.
What hardware do you have? I'm only running a 960 right now... think it'll handle it well?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I installed Win 10 to play Forza Motosport Apex but they wanted me to update the Window's build to play the game... I uninstalled Win 10 and got back to Win 7 because I already made the dual-boot thing. I don't want to play any Forza anymore... Maybe on Xbox that seems more enjoyable than on PC and "Windows"...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darhour said:
I installed Win 10 to play Forza Motosport Apex but they wanted me to update the Window's build to play the game... I uninstalled Win 10
Wait, let me get this right. You uninstalled an OS because it had an update scheduled? o.O That's like uninstalling DiRT Rally because there's a new update for it and you can't play it online without installing it...

I honestly don't get the hate with the Windows 10. It had a rough start... just as Win 7 and 8. Now it not only offers more but those things actually work. I could never get the Windows Update to work properly in Win 7 or 8, and the search function was abominable. Both work perfectly now. Oh and the spying? It's exactly the same as in Win7 and 8, just that MS now informs about it.

It's definitely not going to happen, but I would seriously laugh my rear off if Codies would decide to release next DiRT title as DX12 only title. The amount of crying that would happen...
However I think it's safe to say if it's going to run on anything, it's most likely going to be Vulkan or DX11 with a possibility of a DX12 as an option.
No windows 7 support and no regional prices in WinStore - nah, I think I'll pass.
I have regional prices. I bought FH3 in PLN rather than €, unlike the case with Steam where everything is in €. The pricing is dependent on the region you select in the Windows settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have regional prices. I bought FH3 in PLN rather than €, unlike the case with Steam where everything is in €. The pricing is dependent on the region you select in the Windows settings.

Usually Steam/GOG prices are much lower in Russia. Microsoft store just converts 60 USD to your currency. Well, same with PSN store, but I'd rather buy a physical version anyway.

DiRT Rally 2 as DX12 and Windows 10 exclusive - yeah, that would be a time to upgrade for sure :P
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not hating on anything, but honestly I pirated it for the game to try it out so they wanted me to update the build then they would have detected the OS legitimacy and I uninstalled it...

DiRT page on FB published something interesting quoting "Helmet on. Foot down. Game on." with this image... It seems to be as a rendering of the 131 model with Greek location background image..




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darhour said:
I installed Win 10 to play Forza Motosport Apex but they wanted me to update the Window's build to play the game... I uninstalled Win 10
Wait, let me get this right. You uninstalled an OS because it had an update scheduled? o.O That's like uninstalling DiRT Rally because there's a new update for it and you can't play it online without installing it...

I honestly don't get the hate with the Windows 10. It had a rough start... just as Win 7 and 8. Now it not only offers more but those things actually work. I could never get the Windows Update to work properly in Win 7 or 8, and the search function was abominable. Both work perfectly now. Oh and the spying? It's exactly the same as in Win7 and 8, just that MS now informs about it.

It's definitely not going to happen, but I would seriously laugh my rear off if Codies would decide to release next DiRT title as DX12 only title. The amount of crying that would happen...
However I think it's safe to say if it's going to run on anything, it's most likely going to be Vulkan or DX11 with a possibility of a DX12 as an option.
No windows 7 support and no regional prices in WinStore - nah, I think I'll pass.
I have regional prices. I bought FH3 in PLN rather than €, unlike the case with Steam where everything is in €. The pricing is dependent on the region you select in the Windows settings.

Win 10 did, they might have fixed it by now, have massive security loopholes. And Win7 doesn't record literally everything you do and send it back. Yeah, sure MS gives the option to turn those things off, but seriously, if I add a date in the calendar, why does MS need to know about it?
The security thing doesn't super bother me, but familiarity with win7 is a plus right now. And I don't have to pay for it. However my ram is idiotically arbitrarily limited to 16gb instead of the 24 I have installed, which isn't a problem with win10.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Darhour said:
I am not hating on anything, but honestly I pirated it for the game to try it out so they wanted me to update the build then they would have detected the OS legitimacy and I uninstalled it...

DiRT page on FB published something interesting quoting "Helmet on. Foot down. Game on." with this image... It seems to be as a rendering of the 131 model with Greek location background image..




Looks like @urgaffel got his hands on the lens flare options... unless that was already there and I never noticed.... I also don't drive at night.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SergeyTokarev said:
Usually Steam/GOG prices are much lower in Russia. Microsoft store just converts 60 USD to your currency.
Ehh... not really. I paid 299PLN for the Deluxe edition, while the price in USD for that is 79.99, which results in more than 299PLN. The difference is not big, but it exists. And because of the much lower prices in Russia, Steam keys bought there are rather... limited.
JZStudios said:
Win 10 did, they might have fixed it by now, have massive security loopholes. And Win7 doesn't record literally everything you do and send it back. Yeah, sure MS gives the option to turn those things off, but seriously, if I add a date in the calendar, why does MS need to know about it?
The security thing doesn't super bother me, but familiarity with win7 is a plus right now.
MS collects that data in order to improve Cortana. And yes, that means if you disable her, MS won't collect it. Very simple. Given that Cortana doesn't work in most countries... most people's Win10 doesn't "record everything". On top of that when you're upgrading or installing, it asks if you allow for it to collect information as well. Just choose "No". Job done.
Also, the only difference between Win10 and Win7 in terms of familiarity is the extra "settings" menu, which is used to mainly adjust the Windows Apps. Given that most Win7 users wouldn't use it, you won't even notice it. There's still the good ol' control panel and start menu aside from the extra space for tiles, is just the same, with a bit more "modern look". And if there's anything that has been moved to the new settings (which are things you won't touch most likely), it's directly linked there and honestly it's painfully similar and obvious. Ability to read is all you need.

As always, great to see that people that are the first to shout their opinion are the ones that have literally no knowledge on the subject.
Darhour said:
About the calender thing, they are just trying to know when your birthday is to send you their wishes :3
Believe it or not, but Cortana actually does send wishes when it's your birthday.
Darhour said:
DiRT page on FB published something interesting quoting "Helmet on. Foot down. Game on." with this image... It seems to be as a rendering of the 131 model with Greek location background image..
Looks like Ampelonas Ormi, right after the first hairpin. Naturally they used their "camera tools", can't imagine Photoshop wasn't involved in some way as well. Though on another look, it may as well be Tsiristra Thea on the section after the first left hairpin like corner (it says left 2 if I'm correct.)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
Win 10 did, they might have fixed it by now, have massive security loopholes. And Win7 doesn't record literally everything you do and send it back. Yeah, sure MS gives the option to turn those things off, but seriously, if I add a date in the calendar, why does MS need to know about it?
The security thing doesn't super bother me, but familiarity with win7 is a plus right now.
MS collects that data in order to improve Cortana. And yes, that means if you disable her, MS won't collect it. Very simple. Given that Cortana doesn't work in most countries... most people's Win10 doesn't "record everything". On top of that when you're upgrading or installing, it asks if you allow for it to collect information as well. Just choose "No". Job done.
Also, the only difference between Win10 and Win7 in terms of familiarity is the extra "settings" menu, which is used to mainly adjust the Windows Apps. Given that most Win7 users wouldn't use it, you won't even notice it. There's still the good ol' control panel and start menu aside from the extra space for tiles, is just the same, with a bit more "modern look". And if there's anything that has been moved to the new settings (which are things you won't touch most likely), it's directly linked there and honestly it's painfully similar and obvious. Ability to read is all you need.

As always, great to see that people that are the first to shout their opinion are the ones that have literally no knowledge on the subject.
You can turn Cortana off, but it still collects data. Not only that turning off the data options in the install screen doesn't disable as much as you'd think. There's still tons of data collecting being made. And to a further point, while Cortana is voice control, provided you spell correctly it shouldn't need to send anything back to MS. Just say "Hey Cortana, check calendar for anniversary" and it should be able to search your computers calendar locally, not by going back to MS. Y'know, the same way a text search works. I can look for programs on my PC without sending those search results to MS.
There's also quite a bit different between 7 and 10. The way things are done in 7 do differ from 10, and some things may be renamed/relocated. Remember that not everyone only uses their computer for checking email or playing games, sometimes we get in the code.

As always, it's great to see you trying to defend something you yet again know very little about and pass it off as knowledge to drop on other people who do. ;)
Also, this.
https://youtu.be/u1kGMCfb2xw


And if you didn't know, that guy used to work for MS and he's deeply concerned about all the data collection MS is doing.
Same reason why many people with secure/classified documents won't switch to 10 because of data collection and huge back door loopholes.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

DiRT page on FB published something interesting quoting "Helmet on. Foot down. Game on." with this image... It seems to be as a rendering of the 131 model with Greek location background image..




Looks like @urgaffel got his hands on the lens flare options... unless that was already there and I never noticed.... I also don't drive at night.
Very interesting.. is there any hidden messages?  perhaps the rocks tell us something?  Is there a 4 somewhere or a 2?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gfRally said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

DiRT page on FB published something interesting quoting "Helmet on. Foot down. Game on." with this image... It seems to be as a rendering of the 131 model with Greek location background image..




Looks like @urgaffel got his hands on the lens flare options... unless that was already there and I never noticed.... I also don't drive at night.
Very interesting.. is there any hidden messages?  perhaps the rocks tell us something?  Is there a 4 somewhere or a 2?
I'd like to come with something clever, but my brain can't produce anything. I've literally been trying all day to play a game online. Any game. It always says I have low ping, then I start trying to play and it jumps to 900. It's great.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That used to happen to me a lot, along with regular connection dropouts. I eventually had the tech guys install a a new modem and it's been OK since (fingers crossed). Try restarting it, that used to temporarily fix it for me.

I went to that facebook post to see if I could find any clues, but I made the terrible mistake of reading the comments. Every single one is begging for DLC, and there's similar comments on most of the other posts there. It's a nice reminder of how good this little forum community is, what with the actual discussions and minimal whining/begging. I don't think I'd be able to keep my patience if I was in charge of community management. Eventually I think I'd just turn into a sarcastic jerk.  :p
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BadD0g said:
That used to happen to me a lot, along with regular connection dropouts. I eventually had the tech guys install a a new modem and it's been OK since (fingers crossed). Try restarting it, that used to temporarily fix it for me.

I went to that facebook post to see if I could find any clues, but I made the terrible mistake of reading the comments. Every single one is begging for DLC, and there's similar comments on most of the other posts there. It's a nice reminder of how good this little forum community is, what with the actual discussions and minimal whining/begging. I don't think I'd be able to keep my patience if I was in charge of community management. Eventually I think I'd just turn into a sarcastic jerk.  :p
And introducing Ian Bell of SMS studios, the Italians of Kunos, the guys at iRacing etc...
That's why there's a middle man.
https://youtu.be/RAY27NU1Jog

Link to comment
Share on other sites

urgaffel said:

Dytut said:
RookieOne said:
Time to gossip again : 

https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/777883702818902016
They might just have been out drunk driving and swerved into a milestone. Otherwise I'd be forced to get hyped, and I can't stand being hyped.
I'm not saying you should be hyped but... ;)

(sorry for late teasing, I've been far far away)
So it's time to get on board the hype train? I think we need a slight touch more imagery before we start shoveling coal in there ;-)


Link to comment
Share on other sites

JZStudios said:
You can turn Cortana off, but it still collects data. Not only that turning off the data options in the install screen doesn't disable as much as you'd think. There's still tons of data collecting being made. And to a further point, while Cortana is voice control, provided you spell correctly it shouldn't need to send anything back to MS. Just say "Hey Cortana, check calendar for anniversary" and it should be able to search your computers calendar locally, not by going back to MS. Y'know, the same way a text search works. I can look for programs on my PC without sending those search results to MS.
There's also quite a bit different between 7 and 10. The way things are done in 7 do differ from 10, and some things may be renamed/relocated. Remember that not everyone only uses their computer for checking email or playing games, sometimes we get in the code.

As always, it's great to see you trying to defend something you yet again know very little about and pass it off as knowledge to drop on other people who do. ;)

And if you didn't know, that guy used to work for MS and he's deeply concerned about all the data collection MS is doing.
Same reason why many people with secure/classified documents won't switch to 10 because of data collection and huge back door loopholes.
Turning Cortana off and disabling the data collection means that the data they're collecting is the same as in Windows 7 and 8. Yes, those also collect data on you, they're not as perfect as it would seem.
Tell me, how would you try to improve a software that is meant to figure stuff our from how you work and what you search for without having any form of feedback from people that do use it? Last time I checked millions of people have a higher chance of providing feedback on where a software will fail rather than a small group of testers (which MS mainly laid off anyway). Obviously they need to know what information Cortana handles in what way, otherwise they won't be able to tell what's wrong.

If you're someone who goes deeper into the OS, then first, you're familiar with Administration tools, which exist and allow you to deal with most of the issues. Secondly, you're familiar with adjusting to different layouts since again, you like to get in the code of how things work. Thirdly, the settings window will take 10 minutes to get fully familiar with. You can do that while a myriad of programs will be installing. A lot of the options there are related only to Windows Apps or are also accessible from a control panel in the old windows fashion.
The only people who mention "familiarity" as a problem are those who haven't used Windows 10. To further prove my point, I upgraded my laptop from Win7 to Win10, a laptop that only my mum uses. She never once came to ask me what is where. And she has almost hit 60. And is very bad with PCs.

I know Barnacules, I watch him. Funny thing is, shortly after he made the video about that security stuff, he moved to Windows 10 permanently and he haven't said a single bad word about it.
I do hope those people never enter any websites, cause that's one hell of data collection that is happening there. Heck, they should unplug their PCs from the internet, less chance of having their PCs attacked and having the data stolen. /sarcasm
urgaffel said:
I'm not saying you should be hyped but... ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...