Jump to content Jump to content

I had some fun last weekend                                 

https://youtu.be/9a-ajvxFvpk?list=FLNuu3if3NSIEjJbUH4qoIgg

That was great to see.  I thought you bought it when you waved and closed in on the barrier at 2:40.  From the looks of it, you drive in RL like you do in DR...  and not sure if that is good OR bad ;) 
Every time I watch onboard & in my opinion, I definitely feel that all games exhibit & promote to exploit understeer driving which the car shouldn't be able to keep rotating around the corner. When the car is not understeering it can be freely oversteer by lifting the throttle.

You can't really take a professional driver to test that, because you end up having GRID 2.

Get out of here with that Luke! I don't want to know about your real life fun! Last weekend all I did was sit in my underwear and play Battlefield and the Witcher. This weekend I get to try to fix my car.
dgeesi0 said:
shame as the performance is literally the same between a 980ti and a 1070.
I honestly love how misinformed your are on the subject of GPU performance. Here, have a nice video demonstrating that 1070 is faster than Titan X, let alone 980Ti ;)

dgeesi0 claim is actually correct & eurogamer is using an unconventional setup that very few use, because most people do not own or buy a reference card. Also it is in a controlled environment.

-The thing is a factory OC aftermarket 980Ti which most own are about equal to a factory OC aftermarket 1070 & in most scenario the that 980 Ti will have a slight edge of 1 or 2 fps...
-If you go by math the a factory OC 980Ti have the edge, but thanks to pascal Nvidia boost 3.0 it keep the 1070 at even performance for close max OC performance.

The 980Ti can be manually OC faster than manually OC a 1070,  but at the cost of a large power consumption disparity. The 1070 consume quite a lot less of power & have 2 extra GB.

This looks like a ridiculous amount of fun! Was hoping to give the Scoob a run to Rallyday but I just couldn't fit it in. Seems to be some mixed comments on the show itself, but it looks like you had a good time!
dgeesi0 said:
shame as the performance is literally the same between a 980ti and a 1070.
I honestly love how misinformed your are on the subject of GPU performance. Here, have a nice video demonstrating that 1070 is faster than Titan X, let alone 980Ti ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epHr7Z_6nLo

gfRally said:
So better to wait a year to upgrade for a faster 10XX card?
If you're willing to wait a year, then you'll be looking at maybe even 11XX series of cards from nVidia, as they plan to have a new GPU released on every year on a special event of sorts. So either upgrade to 1080/1070 today... or wait a year for 11XX series. That's the gist of it. Your wallet most likely will be the main deciding factor I believe.
i have tried both thats how misinformed i am :D

the difference is 980ti beats ocd a 1070gtx in many games.the 1070 wins in others.so rather than nitpicking which you seem to want to do.i just put there about the same.or if you on a 980 ti already you wouldnt waste your time on a upgrade to a 1070.

infact in many benchmarks oc records some tis were beating 1080s.

a heavy ocd 980ti can actually beat a 1080 stock in some cases.

a 970 gtx can beat the first titan whats that got to do with anything ?

the gist of it is you need the spec i was on about. atleast a 980 ti or above.the reason i even mentioned the 980 ti was some places are clearing end of line stock and some good branded ones can be had for about £300. which as said is pretty good but you investing in a older card which nvidia gimp the drivers , well newer ones to perform worse on older cards.this isnt made up.its well known.
MrDeap said:
dgeesi0 claim is actually correct & eurogamer is using an unconventional setup that very few use, because most people do not own or buy a reference card. Also it is in a controlled environment.
Oh yes, so we have a one tester who use some unconventional setup that is done in a "controlled environment" (that sounds like a load of BS truth be told) and gets results that others do not, and on the other side we have people like JayzTwoCents who tests multiple versions of the GPUs (yes, 980Tis as well, many of them in fact) along with DigitalFoundry who show really detailed graphs and whose both results seem to match up and are different from your eurogamer ones.

Yeah... doesn't sound fishy at all. I'll go with the 980Ti OC is slower than Titan X (Maxwell) OC which is slower than a 1070... OC, which is the result I see most often, even when you include non-reference designs. Not sure about other people, but multiple results that match up sound more accurate than that one result that is just different than all the others.

Not saying 980Ti is a bad card, no, that's definitely not the case. Just that for technically less you can get a card that will be slightly faster.
Oh yes, so we have a one tester who use some unconventional setup that is done in a "controlled environment" (that sounds like a load of BS truth be told) and gets results that others do not, and on the other side we have people like JayzTwoCents who tests multiple versions of the GPUs (yes, 980Tis as well, many of them in fact) along with DigitalFoundry who show really detailed graphs and whose both results seem to match up and are different from your eurogamer ones.

Yeah... doesn't sound fishy at all. I'll go with the 980Ti OC is slower than Titan X (Maxwell) OC which is slower than a 1070... OC, which is the result I see most often, even when you include non-reference designs. Not sure about other people, but multiple results that match up sound more accurate than that one result that is just different than all the others.

Not saying 980Ti is a bad card, no, that's definitely not the case. Just that for technically less you can get a card that will be slightly faster.
Digital Foundry is part of Eurogamer.

There's OC3D(the one who make super long review) that tested multiple cards & actually put every card in the graphic.(OC mean" factory OC" mode in the graphic, not manually overclocked)
http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/asus_gtx1070_strix_review/16

The controlled environment is when they benchmarked the card & let them cool off so they don't throttle during the test which they do in real world performance. You have to be aware they use the reference cooler on a bench test in a very cold room.

Dare i ask who the passenger was?           
That was Paul our TV presenter.

tbtstt said:

This looks like a ridiculous amount of fun! Was hoping to give the Scoob a run to Rallyday but I just couldn't fit it in. Seems to be some mixed comments on the show itself, but it looks like you had a good time!
It's literally impossible to explain just how much fun it was! 
Dare i ask who the passenger was?           
That was Paul our TV presenter.

tbtstt said:

It's literally impossible to explain just how much fun it was! 
Was the car setup for gravel or tarmac?