Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

The ceremonial starting ramp with a lot of people cheering you can't be a difficult thing to add, crossing it driving you and when you are on the ramp, a reporter ask you some questions would be mega, also I think that in next game rallys all classes need to compete not just the one you are competing.
is it only me who just wanted to rally without the full trimmings on to skip through?

i actually like how dirt rally is so minimal to get to what i want to do. which is pick location and start. not watch this what that wait then progress.

in the past thats one of the main things i hated with early dirt games. so many obstacles people jabbering when all you want to do is get racing ! :D

also can anyone comment on whats going on with the tables ? fancy playing again but after 3 different tracks. same cheaters still at top on tracks using trainers from december last year ! they not even updated. this needs to be sorted.

dgeesi0 said:
is it only me who just wanted to rally without the full trimmings on to skip through?

i actually like how dirt rally is so minimal to get to what i want to do. which is pick location and start. not watch this what that wait then progress. 
No, you're not alone there! Perhaps a slightly prettier service area (like the one in CMR 2005) and more refinements in the menu would be nice, but time spent driving through ceremonial starts and the like is time that I would rather spend racing on a stage!

Next game could ( must ) have a better presentation, in many areas, i agree with you guys there, but if is "too much", it will get on the way. I like to get to the point ( do stages ) quickly, without wasting time. Find a good balance on this might be tricky... or not.

Alf72 said:

Next game could ( must ) have a better presentation, in many areas, i agree with you guys there, but if is "too much", it will get on the way. I like to get to the point ( do stages ) quickly, without wasting time. Find a good balance on this might be tricky... or not.

I'm all for a service park view when you need to service the car. Also something I like in RBR is driving a bit further and come to a halt yourself at the end of a stage instead of just finishing and seeing a slowmotion view of you going over the finish. Maybe even driving up to the start of the stage could be nice. But nothing else in my opinion. That's a fine balance.

The co-driver suggestions are a step to far I believe. I wouldn't mind an option to create your own pacenotes while doing a recce. The key word being 'option'.

The pacenotes or what ever they are called (Don't want to open that can of worms) are alright. Here and there are a few that need to change but all in all they are correct.
ramPage16 said:
I think something you guys are failing to realize is that the current notes in DR are already quite vague and cannot be trusted. They're kept extremely simple so that the broad range of people can understand them. The notes become less detailed as a result.

In my opinion, the only chance of this feature not being completely annoying is if the notes in the sequel are very, very good and detailed at the "pro" level, to compensate. Otherwise, you'd just be getting wrong calls now and then on top of notes that you already didn't trust. Not my idea of fun.
Huh, my main complaint about the notes is that they are overly verbose and I wish I could remove all the superfluous detail. Or to put it in the words of a WRC driver (I forget who said it and I am going to paraphrase and mangle the quote entirely): "Don't tell me what I can see, I need to know what I can't see".

Finland is a perfect example, yes Paul I can clearly see the large crest in front of me, I don't need you to tell me that if I have enough speed my car will become airborne. However I can't see what is on the other side, so in the time it took you to say "jump, maybe" I missed my breaking point.

I guess the takeaway is that notes are as unique as a drivers/codrivers, and the process of creating those notes would be a fun part of the game that I doubt CM would ever implement since it veers too far into rally nerd territory.
I'm all for a service park view when you need to service the car. Also something I like in RBR is driving a bit further and come to a halt yourself at the end of a stage instead of just finishing and seeing a slowmotion view of you going over the finish. Maybe even driving up to the start of the stage could be nice. But nothing else in my opinion. That's a fine balance.
I'd love to be able to set myself up for the stage. I think it's just me but a start line always gets me very excited when I visit a rally in real life. The anticipation, the concentration, the short exchange of words and time cards between marshals and co-driver. There's just a sort of an air around it that fascinates me.

For me the perfect rally game would be the one where you could do the liaison between the stages too. But, again,  I guess that's just me. 

On the other hand I'll happily give Codies more money for practically the same game but with some more content. DR is already a good product, just a shame I cannot drive properly.. :) 
enamel said:
ramPage16 said:
I think something you guys are failing to realize is that the current notes in DR are already quite vague and cannot be trusted. They're kept extremely simple so that the broad range of people can understand them. The notes become less detailed as a result.

In my opinion, the only chance of this feature not being completely annoying is if the notes in the sequel are very, very good and detailed at the "pro" level, to compensate. Otherwise, you'd just be getting wrong calls now and then on top of notes that you already didn't trust. Not my idea of fun.
 I missed my "breaking point."

Yes, there's a lot of "breaking" points in Finland. :-)
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:

No, you're not alone there! Perhaps a slightly prettier service area (like the one in CMR 2005) and more refinements in the menu would be nice, but time spent driving through ceremonial starts and the like is time that I would rather spend racing on a stage!
I think there should be fluff in the championship, or at least in the replays, BUT always in the service park.  It would be nice to have some animations when you are pulling up to the stage.  Someone counting down with hand signals, someone checking the Co-Drivers logs.   CMR3 had a nice balance.  I could dig that game up and take a short video.  They were really not that intrusive.  NOT like DiRT2.  

DiRT2 had some of the Co-Driver comments that added a little life to them.  The party atmosphere was meh.. but at least set up the theme of where you where, like it or not, you knew you where at an x-games type of event.  I would like it in a serious rally environment.  

(old video I did in 2013) Service are looking like this:

https://youtu.be/sHRhXNMLVTc

I really like the atmosphere it all brings to the game.  It sets the mood.  Much like the different camera angles (good ones at least) in the replays.  

The parade and all that would be more suitable for open world rallies, in which case I would also like to drive the road sections between stages aand service, and get penalties if I'm late and stuff like that, though I don't think that's a suitable way to take DiRT. Alternatively, it could all be a single, skippable cutscene or something.

The visible service park is something I'd really like to see. That, as well as upcoming stage data and a weather 'forecast' as well as extra long stages. It would be really cool if running order were implemented and your place in the running order determined grip levels, deformation, and even weather.

The recce and custom pacenotes idea would be a cool option, but I fear that it would become somewhat robotic if  it used pre-recorded notes selected and timed by the gamer and would still lose some 'life' if the notes could be recorded by the gamer in real-time - not everyone has a D-Box to record their pacenotes in for 3 variations in the speeds in which the stage is run.

The driving to the start and stopping at the end is also a wonderful idea that wouldn't be annoying to those who play it as racing game fans rather than as rally fans, while still adding something good for rally fans. For Rallycross, this could be done as an extra lap at the end of which the gamer drives into the pits/service.
gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:

I think there should be fluff in the championship, or at least in the replays, BUT always in the service park.  It would be nice to have some animations when you are pulling up to the stage.  Someone counting down with hand signals, someone checking the Co-Drivers logs.   CMR3 had a nice balance.  I could dig that game up and take a short video.  They were really not that intrusive.  NOT like DiRT2.  

I really like the atmosphere it all brings to the game.  It sets the mood.  Much like the different camera angles (good ones at least) in the replays.  
I'd love to see a video from the game. They must have some over att google? 

I'm all for a service park view when you need to service the car. Also something I like in RBR is driving a bit further and come to a halt yourself at the end of a stage instead of just finishing and seeing a slowmotion view of you going over the finish.
Yeah, these are the kind of things i'd like to see, in fact i suggested both already many times. Those crossing the finishing line need to improve badly, very, very Arcade atm. I really love how it is in RBR ( exactly how it should be ). Another thing that i think it would add a better presentation to the game is, in car selection menu / garage ( cars need to be 3D Models in there, and with a Photo-Mode as well ), every car should have a short description / history of ( just an exemple of could be in there ) year that started Rallying, who were the teams and drivers who drove / drive the car, how many drivers and manufacteurs championships the car won, etc, etc. Some cars are iconic / legends, let the players know why =D
While this is still posing as the next DiRT game wishlist/features thread:

* I'd really like to see a proper new-gen graphics engine

*Split screen and LAN local multiplayer,

*Optional staggart starts ranging from 5 second options (for convenience) to 1-2 min options (for authenticity) or, better yet, if the 1-2 min. wait could be fast-forwarded (which would ultimately end up giving us the same options as above but with faster moving spectators and stuff, so forget I typed that)

*Spectators that actually run out of the way and point their cameras towards the car (yes, I did notice that guy taking photos of an empty road, or maybe he just saw his crush on the other side?), a return of the horn (some of us do like showboating sometimes), and more variety in spectator AI like spectators who help roll the car back or are having a picknick by the road etc. [not all that high on my wishlist - I'm usually going by too fast to notice, but I do notice it in replays]

*TV Style Replays and Replay saving

*Removal of Auto-Reset, Corner cuts getting time penalties like Kris Meeke's 1 min(?) time penalty in Finland or Wales (Can't remember which, but I think it was one of those 2,

*Other cars on the road, as well as breakdowns,

*Multiple Classes with their own category positions as well as overall standings.

*ACAT

*More 'interactive' (I think that's the wrong word) co-driver, like DiRT2 and DiRT3 but much better implemented (I think I mentioned this in an earlier post)

*Stage deformation, dynamic weather etc.

*Extra long stages, Safari Rally, loads more cars and rallies etc.

*Safari Rally

Half of this stuff lots of others have been asking for as well, and most of it is probablly on the DiRTy devs' to-do list and/or their own wishlist.

789ifyz said:
While this is still posing as the next DiRT game wishlist/features thread:

* I'd really like to see a proper new-gen graphics engine

*Split screen and LAN local multiplayer,

*Optional staggart starts ranging from 5 second options (for convenience) to 1-2 min options (for authenticity) or, better yet, if the 1-2 min. wait could be fast-forwarded (which would ultimately end up giving us the same options as above but with faster moving spectators and stuff, so forget I typed that)

*Spectators that actually run out of the way and point their cameras towards the car (yes, I did notice that guy taking photos of an empty road, or maybe he just saw his crush on the other side?), a return of the horn (some of us do like showboating sometimes), and more variety in spectator AI like spectators who help roll the car back or are having a picknick by the road etc. [not all that high on my wishlist - I'm usually going by too fast to notice, but I do notice it in replays]

*TV Style Replays and Replay saving

*Removal of Auto-Reset, Corner cuts getting time penalties like Kris Meeke's 1 min(?) time penalty in Finland or Wales (Can't remember which, but I think it was one of those 2,

*Other cars on the road, as well as breakdowns,

*Multiple Classes with their own category positions as well as overall standings.

*ACAT

*Stage deformation, dynamic weather etc.

*Extra long stages, Safari Rally, loads more cars and rallies etc.

Half of this stuff lots of others have been asking for as well, and most of it is probablly on the DiRTy devs' to-do list and/or their own wishlist.

And now, for something to mark this as a DiRTy Gossip Thread post.
Let's See...

Crazy, foundationless speculation:
Subaru Focus Evo XI confirmed from those old pictures posted by the DiRT team...

Confused Car name:
Audi A4 S1 E22B STI WRX 2021

Hashtag:
#128 #ThisCar #ThatCar #ThatOtherCar

Numbers:
One of my favorite things about RBR was what happened inbetween the stages. It didn't get in the way of the game, only added to the atmosphere; particularly seeing the car's damage in the service area with crew members doing things in the background, and driving to the time check after the finish line. Those two things made it feel like you are actually at a rally event. In DR there's a little disconnect because you only see stages and menus, nothing else. Also I find the slow motion at the finish line really jarring, it may seem like a little thing driving to the stop after the finish would make the game feel so much more like an actual rally.

Oh, also, Official DiRT Gossip: #ThatCar #WhatCar #WhosHouse #RunsHouse #S1E2WRC22B2ZJABC123
Another thing that could be cool is to buy the equipment needed for your Team, car and you in the career mode. you need to buy suit, gloves, Racing shoes, Hans, helmet, that you can buy from ones which are low Quality and cheap buy it increases the danger of being killed in a crash and lose all your progress of your career to a super safe and pro equipment. You need to buy an Intercom that if it is cheap it can be faulty or make noise and you can buy wrc noise cancelling intercoms, also you can buy a rapid pump Jack for quick puncture repairs, also you need to buy tools that Will increase your Team speed in service park, could be also cool features.
Also I think that the way you earn money need to be earning sponsors, not when you win rallies that not happen in real life.