Jump to content Jump to content

bogani said:
And by car movement you mean physics? Can't see how you can look at that video and say it's on par with DR on gravel. It looks like a fun arcade rally game though, as it was.
By car movement I mean car movement. :) I know it's an arcade game.
Nice sounds for the time.  

@JZStudios  DR menu's to long??  Patience, patience :) 
gfRally said:
bogani said:
And by car movement you mean physics? Can't see how you can look at that video and say it's on par with DR on gravel. It looks like a fun arcade rally game though, as it was.
By car movement I mean car movement. :) I know it's an arcade game.
Nice sounds for the time.  

@JZStudios  DR menu's to long??  Patience, patience :) 
Well, they did have that little patch a while ago that helped, but sometimes going through the menus it does take a little while. It should be snappier. It used to load the race from the menu, then you had to press a button to actually go to the location, then... maybe another screen before the car setup screen, then getting to race. All the update did really was change where that essentially useless middle screen is located, now instead of the menu it's on location, but I think it still requires a redundant button press. None of the other games do that.
cjl9 said:
Rally Masters!!! I'd forgotten about that. I've still got the DVD but I don't think it'll wotk under W7

I run it under Windows 10, so it works! As you can see in the video though, alpha effects don't work (lights/smoke) but I think if you use the dgVoodoo Direct3D wrapper that works again (I'd need to check my install to be sure).

cjl9 said:
Rally Masters!!! I'd forgotten about that. I've still got the DVD but I don't think it'll wotk under W7

I run it under Windows 10, so it works! As you can see in the video though, alpha effects don't work (lights/smoke) but I think if you use the dgVoodoo Direct3D wrapper that works again (I'd need to check my install to be sure).

It's the PAL8 textures that you cannot enable, as the game will crash on startup. That means no tyre smoke, skidmarks, lights, dust, mud buildup on the cars... I myself couldn't get it working with the dg direct3d whatever. Could be because I have no idea what I'm doing. :(

But yeah, the game works on newer OS's without issues - and also detects multiple devices, so if you have a Thrustmaster wheel but Logitech pedals and some random shifter, you can use all of them. Why can a 16 year old game do what the WRC games cannot? Rally Masters kicks the living daylight out of WRC 6 in every single aspect except visuals, and that is extremely sad.
I read that article about air curving in DiRT Rally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPqFsFOHTg

I'll be honest... I always knew it curved a bit when I tried the M3 on Finland & trying to pull good time & that Gball thing. It's not really a secret, I suppose for most of us here.

The most interesting thing for sure is how the differential act before jumping. If you lock them or unlock the car will jump differently. It's quite funny to read the comment for those who just discovered. It's a non issue as part of the gameplay as the gameplay remain authentic compare to the competition.

Job3k said:

Paul is playing a game on steam but game name isnt showing up. Hmm
I find it unlikely to be a new game. Pretty sure they'd still be in internal testing stages, and probably have their own proxy accounts for Steam, like the early alpha Battlefield previews where everyone's name is BattlefieldAlpha1-64
MrDeap said:
I read that article about air curving in DiRT Rally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPqFsFOHTg

I'll be honest... I always knew it curved a bit when I tried the M3 on Finland & trying to pull good time & that Gball thing. It's not really a secret, I suppose for most of us here.

The most interesting thing for sure is how the differential act before jumping. If you lock them or unlock the car will jump differently. It's quite funny to read the comment for those who just discovered. It's a non issue as part of the gameplay as the gameplay remain authentic compare to the competition.

Yup, we all know that oddness and the devs confirmed it's not something yhey are happy about. As you say, it's a non issue as long as you drive the cars in a similar manner as you would IRL. It's when you start to push beyond the limit odd things start to occur.

With a new/overhauled game engine and no emergency V2 physics passes I thin many of these things will be corrected next time around :)
JZStudios said:
Job3k said:

Paul is playing a game on steam but game name isnt showing up. Hmm
I find it unlikely to be a new game. Pretty sure they'd still be in internal testing stages, and probably have their own proxy accounts for Steam, like the early alpha Battlefield previews where everyone's name is BattlefieldAlpha1-64
well on steam its pretty easy to see for new games as you can see alpha/beta/dev servers .

most games will have passworded test servers for those testing or the devs. for each build.
Well, not any clues... I found "W grze" mentioned in a search that was related to rally.  I asked a friend that knows polish, and it means "in game" nothing more.  BUT its very interesting that its in polish!  Could that be a clue somehow? 
gfRally said:
Well, not any clues... I found "W grze" mentioned in a search that was related to rally.  I asked a friend that knows polish, and it means "in game" nothing more.  BUT its very interesting that its in polish!  Could that be a clue somehow? 
Maybe because im polish too and im using Polish language on steam? xd
cjl9 said:

It's the PAL8 textures that you cannot enable, as the game will crash on startup. That means no tyre smoke, skidmarks, lights, dust, mud buildup on the cars... I myself couldn't get it working with the dg direct3d whatever. Could be because I have no idea what I'm doing. :(

But yeah, the game works on newer OS's without issues - and also detects multiple devices, so if you have a Thrustmaster wheel but Logitech pedals and some random shifter, you can use all of them. Why can a 16 year old game do what the WRC games cannot? Rally Masters kicks the living daylight out of WRC 6 in every single aspect except visuals, and that is extremely sad.
To use dgVoodoo's Direct3D wrapper: download from here http://dege.freeweb.hu/ inside the zip file is a sub-folder called MS, put the dll files in there into the Rally Masters folder, along with (optionally) the main exe in the root folder (where you can customise things). Run game again and go into the setup menu to tweak. Good luck! Still not checkd my actual copy yet though...!
urgaffel said:
bogani said:
urgaffel said:
"W" eh... Interesting...

*this clue is too short*
--RC?

Too obvious

Come on guys! We know you are either working on one of two things: update for the first DiRT Rally or DiRT Rally 2. You can just tell us which one it is and not say anything else. My money is on DiRT Rally 2.

P.S -> Next time use "Double you are see". No one will get that ;)