Jump to content Jump to content

To use dgVoodoo's Direct3D wrapper: download from here http://dege.freeweb.hu/ inside the zip file is a sub-folder called MS, put the dll files in there into the Rally Masters folder, along with (optionally) the main exe in the root folder (where you can customise things). Run game again and go into the setup menu to tweak. Good luck! Still not checkd my actual copy yet though...!
Thank you, I'll let you know how it works out next time I launch Rally Masters. The harddrive it was on kinda died, and my CD is tucked away in a dark corner somewhere...
Maybe, just maybe, it's because @KickUp changed his profiles privacy state to 'private'
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125414893?xml=1

I'll see myself out ;)
Actually this does not make a difference, at least not when I had my profile set to private up until last year or so. People on my friendslist could still see what I was playing.
Maybe, just maybe, it's because @KickUp changed his profiles privacy state to 'private'

I'll see myself out ;)
Actually this does not make a difference, at least not when I had my profile set to private up until last year or so. People on my friendslist could still see what I was playing.
Hm my bad, that's what I get for making assumptions. 
Job3k said:
gfRally said:
Well, not any clues... I found "W grze" mentioned in a search that was related to rally.  I asked a friend that knows polish, and it means "in game" nothing more.  BUT its very interesting that its in polish!  Could that be a clue somehow? 
Maybe because im polish too and im using Polish language on steam? xd
Oh....  i need to get intouch with Mr. Obvious and take a course.  :(
tbtstt said:
Job3k said:

Paul is playing a game on steam but game name isnt showing up. Hmm
I got it: By replacing the letters of the alphabet with numbers "W grze" becomes "23 7 18 26 5"

5 x 7 = 35. 
35 + 18 = 53.
53 - 23- 26 = 4

DIRT 4 CONFIRMED. 

I feel like that took more math than it was worth. And that's some like Battlefield level of easter egg password finding right there.
I don't know about anyone else, but with the random 3 or so Steam friends I have it'll pop up and just say in game. Think this is about as useful as the housing markets.
However, @urgaffel's tip ow w... leads to some interesting finds, such as:
Wizzens
Wurzels
Wampums
Waesuck
Wimbles and waggles.

Now we're getting somewhere.
edgenz said:
Australia is so last week.. with FH3 all over that, it's a prime opportunity to hark back to CM1 days and bring NZ back.
Especially since momentum is building for a WRC return in 2018... :wink:
You're absolutley right, because the W stands for Whangarei. As in the International Rally of Whangarei

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABEP5Jucr5Y

To use dgVoodoo's Direct3D wrapper: download from here http://dege.freeweb.hu/ inside the zip file is a sub-folder called MS, put the dll files in there into the Rally Masters folder, along with (optionally) the main exe in the root folder (where you can customise things). Run game again and go into the setup menu to tweak. Good luck! Still not checkd my actual copy yet though...!
Thank you, I'll let you know how it works out next time I launch Rally Masters. The harddrive it was on kinda died, and my CD is tucked away in a dark corner somewhere...

I'll see myself out ;)
My last post on Rally Masters: I found that dgVoodoo 2.52 and 2.53 show many textures as white, but it looks okay with 2.5.  Alternatively apparently 2.53 will work, if you set the graphics card preset to be a GeForce Ti4800.

Oh and if a race starts with no engine noises, just pause and unpause!
edgenz said:
Australia is so last week.. with FH3 all over that, it's a prime opportunity to hark back to CM1 days and bring NZ back.
Especially since momentum is building for a WRC return in 2018... :wink:
You're absolutley right, because the W stands for Whangarei. As in the International Rally of Whangarei

OMG yes. how did I miss that?? thank you @KickUp! :D
I hope the car physic is fun.

I've been reading into physic, random forum & blogs.

What I've seen so far is a tremendous amount of poison, hatred posts or whatever because setup or mods etc doesn't work, except the actual driving interaction. Racing games physics are quite challenging & complex with those tires data, suspension geometry, g data along with aerodynamic, etc. Games or simulator is not real life. If there's one variable that is a bit off, it can bet extremely off while playing it.

If I play a racing game product, I expect the slip angle with the tires physic to be about correct which it's one of the thing that take more in consideration while playing. DiRT Rally V1 physic was unplayable for me because the slip angle felt so weird. With V2 physic it seem to be dialed closer to how it should be.

By reading what is a slip angle, my biggest grip in sim games is how the the car understeer. Well I do notice that often the slip angle have been dialed down greatly(less twitchy). The back wheel doesn't steer, but change direction while cornering, which make the car rotate. Again, because the back end rotate, the slip angle on the front tires is reduced because it rotate, thus you feel the car rotate.

When you race you don't turn, but you make the car rotate & it is the right way to see how a car handle. I'm no programmer, but when I see the car understeering & somehow keep going around the corner a long time by lifting the throttle, it just feel wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWk60fOTHK0

Obviously if the rear doesn't slip & you understeer... The car will simply not turn at all unless you make it slip.

MrDeap said:
I hope the car physic is fun.

I've been reading into physic, random forum & blogs.

What I've seen so far is a tremendous amount of poison, hatred posts or whatever because setup or mods etc doesn't work, except the actual driving interaction. Racing games physics are quite challenging & complex with those tires data, suspension geometry, g data along with aerodynamic, etc. Games or simulator is not real life. If there's one variable that is a bit off, it can bet extremely off while playing it.

If I play a racing game product, I expect the slip angle with the tires physic to be about correct which it's one of the thing that take more in consideration while playing. DiRT Rally V1 physic was unplayable for me because the slip angle felt so weird. With V2 physic it seem to be dialed closer to how it should be.

By reading what is a slip angle, my biggest grip in sim games is how the the car understeer. Well I do notice that often the slip angle have been dialed down greatly(less twitchy). The back wheel doesn't steer, but change direction while cornering, which make the car rotate. Again, because the back end rotate, the slip angle on the front tires is reduced because it rotate, thus you feel the car rotate.

When you race you don't turn, but you make the car rotate & it is the right way to see how a car handle. I'm no programmer, but when I see the car understeering & somehow keep going around the corner a long time by lifting the throttle, it just feel wrong.
Car physics are essentially impossible to do on a computer. There's the 4 separate tires, all with their own forces, longitudinal, lateral, vertical, rotational resistance, and slip angles. (By rotational resistance, I mean the deformation of the tire under straight line acceleration.) Might even be missing one or two... and that's just the tire, there's also the differential to simulate the individual speed of each tire, the extremely numerous amounts of suspension geometry, brake pressure, fade, tire temp, the list goes on and on. Then there's the simple part, which is the aerodynamics of the vehicle. (Well, relatively simple by comparison.) Obviously aerodynamics change based on speed and angle of attack, again in all 3 axis, which in turn effect weight changes/transfer, and then back to load forces on the tire.
It's honestly ridiculous, and yeah, like you said, if one value is slightly off, it can throw the whole feel off. Also, apparently computers can't calculate 3 or more objects touching at a time... or something...
But essentially, PC simulators are all basically BS as they all fail to incorporate everything correctly. The easiest way to do physics solutions is lookup tables, but that's not very practical or effective.

Anyways, back to the DR talk.