Jump to content Jump to content

Didzis said:
What the **** is going on?

Just your typical reaction to being cut off the daily dose of gossip. Sideffects may include foaming from the mouth and intensive usage of funny pictures
^ That. Hopefully more will be said about the invite thing soon: I'm hoping that when there is something ready to show off it won't be long before we learn more!
tbtstt said:
Didzis said:

Just your typical reaction to being cut off the daily dose of gossip. Sideffects may include foaming from the mouth and intensive usage of funny pictures
^ That. Hopefully more will be said about the invite thing soon: I'm hoping that when there is something ready to show off it won't be long before we learn more!
Yes, the last time there was an invite list good things happened! Plus it could be my first road trip in my new car
tbtstt said:
Didzis said:

Yes, the last time there was an invite list good things happened! Plus it could be my first road trip in my new car
Ooooh, what you got? If I am fortunate enough to get an invite again I will probably train it up there, as driving the Scoob to Southam and back will cost me a small fortune in petrol! :D  
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Didzis said:

Ooooh, what you got? If I am fortunate enough to get an invite again I will probably train it up there, as driving the Scoob to Southam and back will cost me a small fortune in petrol! :D  
Well I've been debating cars for a while, what I'd really want is something rear-wheel drive with a bit of power, but unfortunately that's not what I can afford! :( So I've gone for a Focus, mainly because it was a 1.8 turbo!
Didzis said:

I'm not sure why, but something about that picture seems off...
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Didzis said:

I'm still glad I live in America, where the GASOLINE is sitting around $2/gallon. And we don't get taxed on our stupid big engines... even if my cars only a i4...

RallyDriven said:
Well I've been debating cars for a while, what I'd really want is something rear-wheel drive with a bit of power, but unfortunately that's not what I can afford! :( So I've gone for a Focus, mainly because it was a 1.8 turbo!
MX5 with a Turbo!  Costs buttons, not that powerful, but you'll feel like you are doing 1,000,000 mph, & probably sideways too! :smiley:
Is that a diesel motor? We don't get any Foci in the states with a 1.8L.

Just picked up a Fiesta ST last week, it is my first turbo car and I am completely addicted to boost. Also drove the Focus ST and liked it a lot, but fell in love with the light weight feeling of the Fiesta. Plus its my daily city commuter so the smaller size was attractive.
Yeah it's a diesel, it's not just the cost of buying a car, it's running it as well. Insurance is bloody expensive for a 22 year old!
Don't even get me started. My Insurance company is trying to rip me off. Initially it was $170 to get it started with $140/month, then it was $162.86 to continue the coverage, with $162.70/month, now they want $200 to continue... WTF!!?? HELL NO! Last month I only made $450.
JZStudios said:
Yeah it's a diesel, it's not just the cost of buying a car, it's running it as well. Insurance is bloody expensive for a 22 year old!
Don't even get me started. My Insurance company is trying to rip me off. Initially it was $170 to get it started with $140/month, then it was $162.86 to continue the coverage, with $162.70/month, now they want $200 to continue... ****!!?? HELL NO! Last month I only made $450.
When I was learning to drive at 17, it cost almost £2000 to insure a 1 litre polo I bought for £50! Then when I passed and my license changed from learner to full, they requoted me £5000! So that was a very quick cancellation
enamel said:
Is that a diesel motor? We don't get any Foci in the states with a 1.8L.

Just picked up a Fiesta ST last week, it is my first turbo car and I am completely addicted to boost. Also drove the Focus ST and liked it a lot, but fell in love with the light weight feeling of the Fiesta. Plus its my daily city commuter so the smaller size was attractive.
Everything is better with boost: FACT. I haven't read a bad word about the latter generation Fiesta ST's, so I'd say you made a sound choice!
sqdstr said:

And here's from a Mitsi driver :wink:
Why would you want to pee on your own car?
enamel said:
I really wanted an EVO X but the Fiesta was such a better value as far as operating costs are concerned.
If operating costs are a concern, then you were wise to avoid both an Evo or a Subaru!
JZStudios said:

I'm still glad I live in America, where the GASOLINE is sitting around $2/gallon. And we don't get taxed on our stupid big engines... even if my cars only a i4...

We have manly 99 RON petrol here, not that tap water you call Gasoline over there...

(I'm jealous really: I want cheap fuel!)