Jump to content Jump to content

tbtstt said:
enamel said:
Well I've been debating cars for a while, what I'd really want is something rear-wheel drive with a bit of power, but unfortunately that's not what I can afford! :( So I've gone for a Focus, mainly because it was a 1.8 turbo!
Is that a diesel motor? We don't get any Foci in the states with a 1.8L.

Just picked up a Fiesta ST last week, it is my first turbo car and I am completely addicted to boost. Also drove the Focus ST and liked it a lot, but fell in love with the light weight feeling of the Fiesta. Plus its my daily city commuter so the smaller size was attractive.
Everything is better with boost: FACT. I haven't read a bad word about the latter generation Fiesta ST's, so I'd say you made a sound choice!
As a man who owns a Fiesta ST, you made a wise choice. The fun of driving that 'pocket rocket' is endless. I've tested other similar hot hatches like the Clio RS and the 208 GTI but none could match the Fiesta ST. It's obviously quite a bit cheeper to run than a Scooby. I drove a 1995 Impreza GT Turbo before but the maintenance costs were becoming an issue. Lots of great memories but sadly it was time to put the girl to rest so she could chase after and catch Evo's on the roads in the sky.
bogani said:
Since the tech section is pretty much dead, is anyone running DR with SLI/crossfire?

I threw in another r9 280x to get some more performance with my triples but all I got was about 20 fps LESS(!). Way to go! :/
The thing about multiple GPUs is this. SLI has decent support across titles, especially the AAA ones, although it can be better to play without SLI enabled for some games right after their launch, since sometimes SLI profiles just aren't up to the task yet. Usually solved within next driver or two releases.
AMD side though... it's basically similar to nVidia just... a lot worse and slower. Once they add the crossfire support to a title, it works well, but given that they aren't good at it, it takes a long time. Some games may never see it actually.

General rule of a thumb, if you're going for multiple GPUs, nVidia is seriously the more reasonable way to go. AMD side is effectively throwing away money currently. But in both cases it's better to have a single more powerful GPU rather than two weaker ones (unless we're talking outperforming Titan XP).
bogani said:
Since the tech section is pretty much dead, is anyone running DR with SLI/crossfire?

I threw in another r9 280x to get some more performance with my triples but all I got was about 20 fps LESS(!). Way to go! :/
The thing about multiple GPUs is this. SLI has decent support across titles, especially the AAA ones, although it can be better to play without SLI enabled for some games right after their launch, since sometimes SLI profiles just aren't up to the task yet. Usually solved within next driver or two releases.
AMD side though... it's basically similar to nVidia just... a lot worse and slower. Once they add the crossfire support to a title, it works well, but given that they aren't good at it, it takes a long time. Some games may never see it actually.

General rule of a thumb, if you're going for multiple GPUs, nVidia is seriously the more reasonable way to go. AMD side is effectively throwing away money currently. But in both cases it's better to have a single more powerful GPU rather than two weaker ones (unless we're talking outperforming Titan XP).
Yeah, as I just got myself a triple screen setup and a friend had a R9 280x he just unplugged I figured I atleast could give it a try. Seems to be a hazzle if it only works well on certain games.

Will probably pick up a 1070 instead in the near future.
gfRally said:
This just in:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/789043508900311040

The "reacquainted" part is gossip worthy?  Hope they are looking at CMR3 as well, its all about tge interface.  
This could mean it Will be DiRT Rally 2.0 not DiRT 4, on the other hand it says in the book also it have 8 countries which could be 2 countries DLC, but I dont think so.
gfRally said:
This just in:

The "reacquainted" part is gossip worthy?  Hope they are looking at CMR3 as well, its all about tge interface.  
Notice how there is a "Fiesta" pen beside the modes page? "Fiesta" is Spanish f or "party" and the book is open on section "5.0" so I think the hint is obvious there: 

PARTY MODES CONFIRMED FOR DIRT 5.0

JZStudios said:
Yeah it's a diesel, it's not just the cost of buying a car, it's running it as well. Insurance is bloody expensive for a 22 year old!
Don't even get me started. My Insurance company is trying to rip me off. Initially it was $170 to get it started with $140/month, then it was $162.86 to continue the coverage, with $162.70/month, now they want $200 to continue... ****!!?? HELL NO! Last month I only made $450.
When I was learning to drive at 17, it cost almost £2000 to insure a 1 litre polo I bought for £50! Then when I passed and my license changed from learner to full, they requoted me £5000! So that was a very quick cancellation
God. Your guys' European rates for everything is way more expensive than it needs to be. I think however that Europe is more set up for being able to live and get around without a car than where I live. The nearest bus top is like 4 miles away, and it'd still take me 4 hours to get to work. But our road systems also suck. And if I took a cab... that's like $5 for pick up then another 2.50 a mile... so I'm 16 miles from work... that's $45. One way. And that's only good if Ranjeet or Julioberto knows where they're going and they're cab doesn't smell of sick.
And again, this forum has weird censoring. w t f  and J esus aren't allowed. J esus is an actual name in common usage.
tbtstt said:

JZStudios said:

I'm still glad I live in America, where the GASOLINE is sitting around $2/gallon. And we don't get taxed on our stupid big engines... even if my cars only a i4...

We have manly 99 RON petrol here, not that tap water you call Gasoline over there...

(I'm jealous really: I want cheap fuel!)
Well just mix it with tap water, problem solved.

gfRally said:
This just in:

I think we are getting 1-4 player alternate game play for single Rally and championship, aka "hot seat mode"  
Ha!!  I said Fiesta R5 a few pages back!!!

Anyway, i do think that page was prob deliberate, if not the fiesta pen, but the rally modes, mentioning countries and special stages?
I would love some sort of made up special stages again.  I like this more than WRX, since it contributed to your Stage Rally times.
When they wrote in the road book some things of yorkie bars, well York is the SSS of Australia in CMR3 and CMR2005 I am sure, I dont remember if in CMR:DiRT also
I'm just going to put this out there...
If CM travel all the way down to Australia, and in a fit of madness don't visit New Zealand also, it will be an utter travesty.... Rally Australia is the rich, soulless Chelsea to NZ's historic, storied and poetic Liverpool... In my humble, completely unbiased opinion of course... Just saying! o:)