Jump to content Jump to content

A lot of people are focusing on gravel. gravel and more gravel. I like gravel but more surface variety is needed for a proper rally experience. At the very least, one more tarmac rally. Tour de Corse and Spain come to mind.
I would really like mixed surface stages, like we have in Monte Carlo. Like part tarmac, part gravel would be really nice.

Btw, this is my 1000th comment here :D 
Didzis said:
A lot of people are focusing on gravel. gravel and more gravel. I like gravel but more surface variety is needed for a proper rally experience. At the very least, one more tarmac rally. Tour de Corse and Spain come to mind.
I would really like mixed surface stages, like we have in Monte Carlo. Like part tarmac, part gravel would be really nice.

Btw, this is my 1000th comment here :D 
I've got the perfect rally for that if you want a mixture of surfaces: Seizoensrally in Belgium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QAGMolhVbg

Tell me what you think.
San Remo or Corsica would be the perfect additions to the tarmac rallies. Twisty, fast, both require a lot of precision and best of things... not much need for looking out for not allowing cuts, since you'll be racing basically on coastal/mountain roads :D One of the reasons why I like Monte Carlo so much in DR.
And an option for another tarmac rally I would like to suggest The Circuit of Ireland. That would be a real challenge in my opinion, wouldn't it? 
Irish tarmac stages have long been on my wish list. If Codemasters are to include more tarmac locations I hope Ireland is top of the list!
Guys, are we still talking about D:R or its successor?
IMO no new content will come to D:R. And it's ok to me. I would really like to see new title, powered by newest tech, containing new features which surely won't happen to DR (like dynamic/random surface changes, recording replays etc).
I admit D:R still looks great, competitive. But since developing game takes years, I would rather hear CM is started to work on successor. It's about time.
MaXyMsrpl said:
Guys, are we still talking about D:R or its successor?
IMO no new content will come to D:R. And it's ok to me. I would really like to see new title, powered by newest tech, containing new features which surely won't happen to DR (like dynamic/random surface changes, recording replays etc).
I admit D:R still looks great, competitive. But since developing game takes years, I would rather hear CM is started to work on successor. It's about time.
hmm... @urgaffel was the first to agree on this. I guess we were right (as we knew we were) about the next game being in development on a proper new-gen engine (Ego 5.0 if that earlier tweet is anything to go by), will be called DiRT Rally 2.0, will have a proper team and budget since it's a proper full-blown project rather than a mere experiment to prove a point...

Oh, and those features have officially been confirmed. By an inside source. Who works on effects.