Jump to content Jump to content

789ifyz said:
hmm... @urgaffel was the first to agree on this. I guess we were right (as we knew we were) about the next game being in development on a proper new-gen engine (Ego 5.0 if that earlier tweet is anything to go by), will be called DiRT Rally 2.0, will have a proper team and budget since it's a proper full-blown project rather than a mere experiment to prove a point...

Oh, and those features have officially been confirmed. By an inside source. Who works on effects.
I confirm nothing, but I do agree that D:R looks great :D
urgaffel said:

789ifyz said:
hmm... @urgaffel was the first to agree on this. I guess we were right (as we knew we were) about the next game being in development on a proper new-gen engine (Ego 5.0 if that earlier tweet is anything to go by), will be called DiRT Rally 2.0, will have a proper team and budget since it's a proper full-blown project rather than a mere experiment to prove a point...

Oh, and those features have officially been confirmed. By an inside source. Who works on effects.
I confirm nothing, but I do agre that D:R looks great :D
Not that fond of the driver/co-driver models. Maybe that is how they actually look though ;)
urgaffel said:
I've never actually seen what kick_up looks like without a helmet, he's that dedicated... :scream:
When I'm playing he doesn't even have a head to put the helmet on  :o

I just want to know what happened to Paul here???????

EDIT: i know its clipping, but a really crazy texture!  

https://twitter.com/gflinch/status/718489800991502336
It happens when camera is too close to the object clipping it this way (usually while using very low FOV, triple screen config). Then you start to see another object unveiled. Because it's not intended to be seen, gfx artists had put no enough care for its texturing.
Probably texture file used for face texturing also contains texture of hands. Hands is what you can see.

But why are you asking in gossip thread for this? Are you looking for some hidden message? Hand of God?

MaXyMsrpl said:
It happens when camera is too close to the object clipping it this way (usually while using very low FOV, triple screen config). Then you start to see another object unveiled. Because it's not intended to be seen, gfx artists had put no enough care for its texturing.
Probably texture file used for face texturing also contains texture of hands. Hands is what you can see.

But why are you asking in gossip thread for this? Are you looking for some hidden message? Hand of God?

You're questioning why something is off topic in the gossip thread? You must be new here
MaXyMsrpl said:
Not new, but have returned after a year seeing a mess even bigger than in my place ;)
Actually I'm starving for some substantial news. Instead I get dev blogs full of irrelevant bs and completely OT in gossip thread. Nothing I can feed my self up.
Unfortunately there's not much they can say. They could be completely quiet, like rockstar and red dead, not dropping a single hint until announcement. I'd rather actually have something to read.

Just got my pacenotes in the post for Rally GB, and they're absolutely huge! Going to take forever to go through them :(
MaXyMsrpl said:
Not new, but have returned after a year seeing a mess even bigger than in my place ;)
Actually I'm starving for some substantial news. Instead I get dev blogs full of irrelevant bs and completely OT in gossip thread. Nothing I can feed my self up.
Unfortunately there's not much they can say. They could be completely quiet, like rockstar and red dead, not dropping a single hint until announcement. I'd rather actually have something to read.

Just got my pacenotes in the post for Rally GB, and they're absolutely huge! Going to take forever to go through them :(
Imagine Corsica ;))

Damn, I haven't visited the forums for ages. I also haven't played DiRT Rally in some months now. Nice to see the thread still going strong though.

Been busy playing Forza Horizon 3 and trying not to relapse into my Rocket League addiction once again.

As I'm now an owner of an XB1S, I decided to pick up DiRT Rally for the XBO as well. Gonna' be sweet returning to this game!

Any new gossips, by the way? @Hatward mentioned the team hitting some milestones. New game in the works, perhaps? ;)

Speaking of Milestones, be nice to see one last installment of the 'Colin McRae Rally' series, based on the current game engine, with a tribute to the man himself, his cars and his career, maybe released next year for his tenth anniversary...?

Id buy that :)
KevM said:
Speaking of Milestones, be nice to see one last installment of the 'Colin McRae Rally' series, based on the current game engine, with a tribute to the man himself, his cars and his career, maybe released next year for his tenth anniversary...?

Id buy that :)
Highly unlikely tho, since they removed the name from the DiRT series after his passing. But yeah that would be a great tribute, he would have been proud of what has been achieved with DiRT Rally.
TURBODEVIN19 said:
Highly unlikely tho, since they removed the name from the DiRT series after his passing. But yeah that would be a great tribute, he would have been proud of what has been achieved with DiRT Rally.
Highly unlikely, but not impossible.  The guys must still work fairly closely with the McRaes.  Colin's cars, liveries and name all appear in the current game remember.

Yeah, his name may not be on the box these days, but his spirit is evident in both DiRT Rally and the team that brought it to us!  

I'll leave this one here....
gfRally said:
This just in:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/789043508900311040

The "reacquainted" part is gossip worthy?  Hope they are looking at CMR3 as well, its all about tge interface.