Jump to content Jump to content
Message added by PJTierney,

Did you know that the long-time members of this thread have had a DiRTy Gossip Discord server for a while?

You do now 😉 

Wait, come one, we need to pool the facts together.. so far we have the CMR 2.0 case open to rally modes, Nintendo Switch licensing deal, Ford Fiesta pen, breath holding competition, NOT Ping-pong, though I assume that's a lie, urgaffel is having fun with a new smoke sim (and most likely other things, like an unconfirmed new engine), cookies, playtesting facility, Austrian housing prices, #Believe, the number 4, Berlin, Definitely NOT Argentina, seeing as how they're still alive, Milestones being hit (Still hopefully the French company)... (Including a team average of a 10 second breath holding increase,) NDA's, Silence,
Don't you guys see? It's all right there, it's so clear!
I'm picking that this is what was bizarrely accurate...
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
This just in:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/789043508900311040

The "reacquainted" part is gossip worthy?  Hope they are looking at CMR3 as well, its all about tge interface.  
Notice how there is a "Fiesta" pen beside the modes page? "Fiesta" is Spanish f or "party" and the book is open on section "5.0" so I think the hint is obvious there: 

PARTY MODES CONFIRMED FOR DIRT 5.0
I want it to be THIS (please please please please please)
KevM said:
So far, we have deduced that its:-  

Colin McRae DiRT W Rally 4.20 Fiesta Party New Zealand Edition
but it's begrudgingly more likely to be this:
When they wrote in the road book some things of yorkie bars, well York is the SSS of Australia in CMR3 and CMR2005 I am sure, I dont remember if in CMR:DiRT also
oh, and some sort of real estate mini game hidden in the service park....
.F2CMaDMaXX said:
Things heating up indeed :)  Can't wait to see what the team has been up to :)

I'm wondering what @ChristinaMc was visiting headquarters in Berlin about....

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/10/dirt-rally-road-book-281016/

She was told to go to Berlin, get a few suitcases which were full of cash and come back home. The money is legit and meant for the next project.
Obviously. As clear as day! :smile:
I have always said DiRT Rally might have benefitted from something like a 'Career Mode' to engage Single or Offline players with a more of a path to walk them through the game.

If another CMR instalment was supported by the McRae's, would it not be the ultimate Career Story to base a game mode?   Start as a young Colin, in a Scottish forest with a Sunbeam & move on to the Nova, tackle major events in the Sierra, Legacy etc before the world events in the Impreza, Focus and Citroen?  Hell, you could even dabble in Touring car & Le Mans for a bonus round or two!

Its does say something about "full Colin, Flat!" spelled out on the notebook in the 'Re-acquainted #TBT' tweet....  
Maybe the note-book was a future aspiration for a game that's now becoming a reality?

WHO KNOWS??   :/
KevM said:
I have always said DiRT Rally might have benefitted from something like a 'Career Mode' to engage Single or Offline players with a more of a path to walk them through the game.

If another CMR instalment was supported by the McRae's, would it not be the ultimate Career Story to base a game mode?   Start as a young Colin, in a Scottish forest with a Sunbeam & move on to the Nova, tackle major events in the Sierra, Legacy etc before the world events in the Impreza, Focus and Citroen?  Hell, you could even dabble in Touring car & Le Mans for a bonus round or two!

Its does say something about "full Colin, Flat!" spelled out on the notebook in the 'Re-acquainted #TBT' tweet....  
Maybe the note-book was a future aspiration for a game that's now becoming a reality?

WHO KNOWS??   :/

I have always wanted a well thought out career mode.  I like your idea, BUT wouldn't it be great if Colin was who we where competing against the whole career?  Think about it, he was an great driver, but had his faults (crashing) so there is always room for others to beat him.  He had the will and determination to win, sometimes the cars he drove didn't (lol).  

Look at it from this perspective:  No one can ever BE Colin McRae, but we can all aspire to be like him, so the game you are trying beat him by building your own team (sponsorships, car, spare parts, codriver).  Obviously like most rally that I have experienced, its all friendly competition, even if McRae was a hot - head at times.

Anyhow, its early Saturday morning... my head isn't real clear.. so this may have been talked about before.
I now kind of want CM to make an all encompassing game, I suppose like PCars 2 is supposed to be, but y'know, good. Include all the motorsports, they've got enough teams now. The F1 crew can work on their end, the Dirty guys on ours and the Evo guys on road/gt. It's just an idea.